Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

Unprofessional. 4 candidates got sent down into a small meeting room, 3 interviewers came in late.
    We got assigned to 1 interviewer each, rotating after 30 minutes or so, with 1 candidate sitting in the room doing nothing. All interviewers went over their timeslot, pushing back the time we could leave by. Didnt even know what the position was because they didnt either, they were just filling in positions for a new office apparently. Some easy technical questions about CS. I told them I wasnt interested in just sitting down programming and not doing anything people-based. They were looking for exactly that, just a bunch of starting level salary programmers. Didnt get an offer (obviously, since I told them I wasn't interested in this) and am now turned off from verizon wireless even for future jobs that have a definitive career path. It just doesnt seem like a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Some obscure question about database stuff. It was a question about like a very specific shortcut you could use in some platform   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process involved basic customer service questions. If you don't know how to answer the questions you will not get a second interview. I suggest you research how to answer there questions before interviewing.

Interview Questions

• No questions was unexpected.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied back in late July early August I believe.. They emailed in the middle of August saying that they wanted move forward with me in the interview process. I had to take an assessment. I passed that then received an email saying "let's talk about a career with Verizon" it was basically to set up a phone interview giving you instructions to read the Verizon credo and things you would discuss over the phone as far as benefits,salary and schedules. I had my phone interview he asked questions and we role played .. Once we did that he immediately told me that I would be moving on to a face to face interview and he also gave me good tips to make a good impression . So i went to the face to face interview and time I walk in l LOVE IT ! Everyone was so nice and friendly and making sure that I was relaxed and confident and comfortable and that I would do great and get the job ! I interviewed with a guy name josh ! He was sooooo nice and so down to earth ! I honestly forgot it was an interview.. I really felt like I was just talking to someone i just met and having a random conversation! He treated me like a human being.. Hopefully I From them soon to know if I got the position or not .. I am confident that I did .

Interview Questions

• whats your fav part about being in customer service   2 Answers

Device Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

After applying online I received a phone call about 2 weeks later, it was an on the spot phone interview with someone from corporate. After passing the first round, I was advised they would pass my info along to the store manager to interview. Took about a week then I got a call from the manager, interviewed later that week with Store manager and another manager. They asked typical questions why do you want to work for VZW, describe a time when..., they strongly encourage you to go to school online if you are in school to meet the demands and needs of the business. After the interview they said it would be about a week or so to know if I did or didn't get the job. About a week on the dot, I received my offer, asked if I could think aobut it for an hour or so and call them back because I was taking a pay cut to get this job, but I knew VZW was a great place to work and the opportunities are endless and it would look great on my resume nonetheless, so I called back and accepted the offer. I had 48 hours to complete my drug test, the background check is very very thorough, whatever is on your resume and the application that you filled out must be exact, the background check agency they use will call you and ask for documentation if anything is not right, if there are too many errors you will not get the job. Verizon is very anal about stuff like that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, what they offer is what you get, take it or leave it. There is an opportunity to receive an end of the year bonus

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was truly a cinch. I was hired basically on the spot. It was fairly informal, and I pretty much had to nod my head abd smile like a good corporate lackie. I would suggest going in prepared because although my interview was a breeze, ive heard that most people who get hired go through a painstakingl difficult process in securing the job. For some reason the position is heavily applied for, and the recruiters milk it.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell me this coffee mug.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated my base figure because I never settle for the first offer. Youre not doing yourself a favor by desperately jumping at anything they offer you. Learn this lesson because it will benefit you in life.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter, standard behavorial questions. Went in and interviewed with 2 store managers, standard star based interview. One manager was constantly texting during the whole interview, the other one seemed engaged, yet was chewing gum. Totally classless behavior from the store managers. Not surprising considering their poor customer service in general.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Same useless questions everyone asks   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

Basic cookie cutter questions, they want you to be familiar with FCR and ownership, and how would deal with customers issues. there is a lot of room for advancement, however I think that the managers should interview you and not the inexperienced leads.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to speak with an irrate customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Most of the questions were asked in a problem, solution and result. Meaning that the manager asked a question about a situation. You have to then figure out the problem, give a solution to the problem, then explain the result of that situation.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever been in a situation where a customer and I did not see eye to eye and how did I deal with that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online in August 2013 and did not hear back from HR until late September for an interview until late September. First step was a telephone interview which was very basic questions. The second step was working in a mock call center for 30 mins. The final step was a face to face interview with 2 supervisors. I loved how the supervisor treated me as a human and I did not feel as though I was in a typical interrogation style interview.

Interview Questions

• Were you ever in a situation where you felt you could have done a better job providing customer service?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a few weeks later asking to record a video interview. There were five behavioral questions prompted and around two minutes allowed for each question. You could rerecord your response multiple times if needed.