Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jun 23, 2017

Business Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview with two sales manager and the associate director. There were a bunch of situation questions, a sales role-play and do you to take them through your background. The questions were pretty simple the role-play was a bit or a process where they basically saw no to every itch and work to see if you give up.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when a fellow co-worker of your was doing something that could be considered questionable behavior. What was your reaction and what did you do about the situation.   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online over the weekend to several different locations and a recruiter emailed me about a phone interview the next day. Had my phone interview 2 days later. A lot of normal interview questions and did a role play for the FitBit Flex. Don't use a script like I did because they will be able to sort of tell when it seems rehearsed. Passed the phone interview and was sent to the next phase where store managers from all of the different stores in the region would contact me throughout the week to schedule interviews. They basically give you the opportunity to interview with different stores so you have more chances to get the job. I would suggest printing plenty resumes and clearing your schedule because the interviews come back to back. I interviewed at 3 different stores with each store manager and the 4th interview was with the district manager (which I had no idea). My first interview was super hard because it was the store manager and the general manager at the same time and they grilled the heck out of me. They asked me to rate my tech skills and I gave myself a 7 and they asked me all types of diff questions that I didn't know the answer to so don't go in trying to make yourself seem like a tech whiz, they just want to see that you have knowledge of the product, what you don't know will be given to you during training. The 2nd and 3rd interview were fairly easy and was just with one person. The interview with the district manager was a more conversational interview so I was able to actually display my personality but the others with the store managers were more so question-answer based using the STAR format. Got a call back an hour later from my recruiter about the 4th interview saying that the district manager was impressed and wanted to hire me on the spot. The background check took about a week which could have been quicker but my previous job was slow at responding. They are def going to check all your previous work and education so be very truthful on your resume. They are basically looking to see that you're able to sale and they want you to be relaxed and show personality. They also want to see that you've done your research about the company and they ask about the company credo so READ READ READ! I didn't have much of a sales background. I had a lot of fast food and serving experience but they basically want you to sell yourself to be the best candidate. One of the managers told me that's it's harder to get hired a Verizon than to get into Harvard which I think he said just to scare me but it is very comptetitive so good luck!

Interview Questions

• A time where you went above and beyond to satisfy the customer.   2 Answers
    • Where do you see yourself in 3, 5 and 10 years   1 Answer

Manager At Telematics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Pre-screen and face to face interview. The pre-screen was with a recruiter over the phone and the interview was with the hiring management face to face. The follow up after the interview wasn't good. The expectation was set for 1 week. I followed up after the week with the hiring manager and didn't receive a reply until 3 weeks later. I followed up with the recruiter in the interim to find out the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style   1 Answer

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was somewhat intense. I applied online and then I scheduled a time to do a phone interview. I then had to go through an extensive background check process where I had to request employment documentation from previous employers. Once I passed the background assessment, I then did an assessment in person at the office.If you passed the assessment, then they bring you back for the in person interview. They also required a drug test during the process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

This was a very in-depth phone screen. I was asked questions about how I use my phone, what apps are on it etc. Also emphasized Wireless Networking as required aspect training. This didn't bother me much. However, she did clarify that the position did pay for its extensive training period but that it didn't pay much to start ~12.00... She was unwilling to indicate whether this changed once the training period had successfully elapsed.

Interview Questions

• What type of apps do you have on your phone and which do you use the most   1 Answer

Business Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

First it starts off with a phone screening from HR. They will then move you to higher management for an interview! This is a basic interview , with a role play task, you must call a client and set up a meeting with them to try to get them engaged and to purchase your products !

Interview Questions

• Basic style interview questions:

Name a time where you had to go above and beyond to finish a job?

Why Verizon?

What are the most important qualities you have that fit this role
      Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    I received an email from Verizon to set up a phone interview. In that email, they attach a document that has: what the job will consist of, a video link to show you the atmosphere, and a little bit about the company and it's credo. The document also contained salary and other benefits should you be hired. The phone interview was pretty simple, they discuss a little bit of your resume, talk about the position and a little bit of what the hours would be. They ask you how familiar you are with wireless technology. They also ask you why you want to work there and maybe a few general interview-type questions that I don't quite remember. They will definitely ask about the company credo, so make sure you read that. They'll ask which one is your favorite or which one is the most important to you. Also be sure to watch the video. I didn't get a chance to watch the video, so after I reluctantly told her that, she didn't ask me anything about it. She talked about salary, which was set at 28K a year, but said something about how a degree and experience may have an affect on it.

2. Assessment
    Shortly after that, I received a email conversation for the assessment. The assessment is broken into 7 sections and there is a time limit. I believe the max time for the entire process is 90 minutes, though each section has it's own time limit. Not all sections have time limits, but most of them do. One section consist of those questions that you strongly disagree/agree. Another section consist re-typing a sentence as fast and accurately as you can. There is also a part where they play the audio and you have to type what you hear. Another section consist of matching numbers within a grid of numbers. Another section consists of audios of customer complaints and based on the knowledge provided for that customer, you must figure out which option is best. Another section is you listening to customer complaints and directing them to the right operator while at the same time looking at a set of a numbers and clicking match/no match. There's another section that involves fishing, which is mostly word problem solving. If A and B are this then what you need to catch C? That's all that I remember. It took me about an hour to finish the entire test, the lady said I passed.

3. Interview
    The interview was not as hard as I thought it would be. There was one recruiter doing the interview and she was very nice. She talked about the position a little bit and asked if I was to move forward in the process, did I need any particular days off in the next 3 months. This was because the training is 3 months long and has very specific days/hours. I told her that was fine and I hadn't planned anything. The interview didn't follow the typical style that most do. They didn't ask me to tell them about myself and my story or anything like that. She did ask why I wanted to work there and what's the best part of this position and what would be the biggest challenge. She asked where my knowledge was with wireless technology. Also asked about which apps I use and which operating system I was familiar with. One STAR question was asked. Tell me about a situation in your previous job where there was an unforeseen issue and how you handled it. The interview then moved to role base situation, where the interviewer played a customer and I was the customer service specialist. Two more of these were done, the latter two you were given pieces of paper that had information you would need to address the customer issues. Another task that was assigned to us was to sell the interviewer a piece of technology that we use or have used. That was mostly it. The interviewer actually talked for the most part during the interview. When the interview was basically completed, I asked questions of my own about pay and other benefits. While she answered, she told me she was sending all my information to HR. I took that as a good sign. At the end of the interview, she said if I was selected, they would contact me in the next few days. 3 hours later I received a call with a job offer. They were able to increase my salary to 32K along with many other benefits. Obviously a drug test was required within 48 hours, along with a background check. Make sure your resume is correct, as they will do a complete background check and verify your job history and salary. The background check people, a couple days later, asked for a recent pay stub and a W2 from a few years ago. A day later, I got a call to say everything is clear and to officially welcome me to the company. That was followed by an email confirmation with information about the first day and to create my ID.

And that's pretty much it. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• A situation in your life or job where there was an unforeseen issue and what you did to overcome it?   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was thirty minutes late. She said it was due to traffic and did not apologize for being late. During the interview she also used profanity (not at me directly) in referencing the traffic. Although I wasn't offended by it, I did find it inappropriate and unprofessional to say the least. I will not be accepting a position their simply due to the impression by the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How will the travel time and distance be for you?
      Do you think you will have any issues getting here on time?
      Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

It involves a phone interview, if selected you are than schedule for an onsite testing that last about an hour. I think the testing is the hardest part of the interview, because they have such high expectation.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online
    30+ day for hr call and test scheduling
    2+ days for scheduled testing (pay attention to details and do not rush)
    7+ days to one on one interview (they want to see how you will perform and they will ask to you to role play)
    14+ days to get job offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you.... (very star system based questions)   Answer Question