Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

3.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

One word that describes the interviewing process is "Thorough". Your ability to listen, and apply sales expertise/experience will be tested in role play scenarios. Also, know credo, and know what your job description entails.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to face a difficult sales situation   1 Answer

Small Medium Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The HR/Talent specialist called me to set up an over the phone interview. We arranged the interview for the next morning, the interview lasted about 30 minutes . She asked a number of repetitive questions about my Resume as well as questions about how I handle stress.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewing process is loooooong. Expect for it to take anything from 3-5 weeks. In my experience, I had a phone interview in which we addresses a few cliche points like, Why Verizon? What can I contribute to the company? etc. Towards the end on the interview he told me that I was a suitable candidate and scheduled me for a second Interview (f2f) The second Interview consisted of two parts. The first part was very much alike to the phone interview(make sure you memorize the CREDO) here is where he told me that he would like to move forward to the second part of the interview (he noted that if I wasn't a good candidate he would've ended the interview after the first half) The second half consisted of a bit of role play, so make sure to practice a little before hand. Finally, a few weeks went by and suddenly I got a call with a job offer and the background check started.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Too long and not in a positive environment. I wasn't able to interview with the District Manager to get a sense of the entire team, not just the store. The HR component of the interview was too generic and broad and not about the job that I was applying for so it didn't make sense to me about what they wanted. The transition between the HR team and the store team took way too long and it was like they didn't speak so I had to start over.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Laid back environment with standard "by the book" retail sales scenario based questions. Generally there are two interview stages, one with the hiring manager (assistant or store manager) and then one with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you react in a situation with a customer escalation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

there was a few steps to the interview process one you were interviewed over the phone then you were set up for your face to face interview with 2 managers if you passed they asked you to go to a store and role play with an assistant or manager on your own sales process after all of that if you passed congrats.... also if you are bilingual they will test you with a short call interview and you will not be allowed to speak in english (they pay you approx 3k extra a year for being bilingual)

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Phone interview consisted of walking through your experience and role playing. The person gives you the product they want you to sell them a few days in advance. Goes through different scenarios to see how you can adapt to different people. In person consisted of 2 managers asking questions. overall there not there to intimidate you they want you to grow within the company. Verizon is big on promoting from within.

Interview Questions

• Are you money oriented or goal oriented?   1 Answer

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had 4 rounds of interview, starting with Verizon's HR. The phone screening was very professional. In a weeks time, got a call for face to face interview. It was a long process, but very productive. I got to know the team members, composition and what was expected for the role.

My impression was that the interview process was protracted and I was under pressure to decide on a different offer.

Interview Questions

• Interview was interspersed with behavioral and scenario based questions. And, there was puzzle to solve! :)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I thought it was very straightforward. Did not face a need to negotiate.

Major Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

Good interview process. Typically, a phone interview with recruiter followed by a face to face interview with prospective manager. The final interview is with human resources

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

They asked very basic questions. It could be intimidating having 6 people on the group interview. From the panel interview, the next step was to go to a store and pass a role play with one of the managers at the store. They will ask you to sell them a phone with accessories to go with it.

Interview Questions

• If you could choose your annual salary, what would it be?   Answer Question