Verizon Wireless Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Customer Service Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

Very detail oriented. Did several mock calls. Had to sell a device to the interviewer. Very particular about past call center experience want you to describe in detail. Must be on time and dress appropriate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to tell a customer no.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Kingston, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

A week after applying, got a phone interview. Phone interview was roughly an hour long and ranged from questions about my sales experience to trying to get me to sell the interviewer a product as if she didn't understand tech. A week later I got a call that I had a face to face interview, much more straight forward, asked about experience and why I wanted to work at verizon. Didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Norfolk, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

the process proceeded very quickly. First, there was a phone interview where I was given more in-depth details about the job, followed by some format questions, and the a role play based on a product that was sent to my email beforehand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process involved basic customer service questions. If you don't know how to answer the questions you will not get a second interview. I suggest you research how to answer there questions before interviewing.

Interview Questions

• No questions was unexpected.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (North Charleston, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process is intense. I went through 4 rounds. 2 phone and 2 face to face. Be prepared to really show them your personality. The general was a phone interview, then a face to face, then an assessment, then another face to face interview. You also got a tore of the building and most of the time the interview is 1 with HR and the other with a Supervisor on the floor.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 + years with the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied for 3 positions in the last 3 months in Murfreesboro, TN. I received an automated email that my app was received and someone would be contacting me. I never heard anything from Murfreesboro Verizon after that. A recruiter contacted me about a position at Verizon in Franklin, TN, so I applied for that position. After a couple of days, I received an email thanking me for my application but advising the position had been filled. I do know that use the STAR method for interviews.

Interview Questions

• I never heard back from Verizon to schedule an interview and I had 17 years customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone interview that led to interview in person with a human recourses person in manhattan, then interview with store manager of store you would be located at, then a waiting game for a few weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

Initial phone call from recruiter with basic questions about if I was still looking for employment, how did I hear about the position, my employment background, etc.... Then 2nd phone call from human resource with some pre-screening questions. Then was asked to come in and do a skills assessment test at the location, then interviewed in-person with the recruiter one-on-one and then did a second interview with a manager one-on-one. Got a call back next day, offered position, then had to do a drug screening. TIP: Use STAR format whenever possible and give detailed, specific answers.

Interview Questions

• name a time in which you had a disagreement with another co worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Longview, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

detailed and behavorial based questions

Interview Questions

• what did you do when dealing with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a situation that was going against company policies?   Answer Question

another job

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Bellevue, WA) in February 2009.

Interview

If you make it past the typing test be ready for Behavioral Simulations questions. As far as I know VZW still used the interview process outlined by the book "Landing the Job You Want by William C. Byham commonly know as the STAR system. It requires the interviewee to think on their feet by being able to relate to a hypothetical business situation with a past work/social experience. If you have time pick up a copy and read it through. If you don't be prepared for seeming oddly complicated scenario questions that will not at all be obvious how you are supposed to respond. Be honest (but businesslike) and try to think of a past work experience and how you dealt with a similar problem. For your own sake try and short as possible but still answer the core of the question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to satisfy a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, just an offer to start.