Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

307 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Started with phone interview, if you pass then in person, STAR Format, which I don't think most people know. Sat at a table with several members of management all asking questions. Slightly terrifying. Next step was computer test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Cranberry, PA).

Interview

They are looking for energized positive people.
     How well do you take direction and criticism?
     Describe a time where you dealt with and impossible timeline, customer or situation and how did you over come that and what was the outcome.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out of the crowd   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Was interviewed 12 years ago so I know the interview process has changed slightly. I met with the current district manager and HR rep at the time of my interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rolling Meadows, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

There was the application, then the test 7parts about 90 mins, and then the phone interview , however even though I was scheduled I never received a call or a cancellation for my phone interview! I'm highly disappointed

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, IL).

Interview

Fairly easy: Over the phone interview, invited in for a face-to-face interview that included an assessment test. The assessment test was out of the box, pretty much testing your skills for multitasking. There was also a typing test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with challenging customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

3 part interview process. My 1st part was by phone, 2nd and 3rd we in office. 3rd also involved a hands on test with a mock call to see how quickly and accurately we could input given information

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

After the application the initial application, the next step was to complete an online assessment. The assessment was pretty basic. Once that was complete I received an email saying that I would be moving on to the next step which was the phone interview. The phone interview was pretty general. Mostly behavioral and integrity checks. At the end of the phone interview it was confirmed that I would be moving on the the next step, which is the face to face interview, and that someone would call to schedule. The face to face interview was pretty laid back, but you are expected to show that you can carry yourself in a professional manner. There were some of the basic questions at first. Afterwards we got into role playing. I had to sell an item and then take a few "calls." This is the part that had me a little nervous, I would suggest that you practice some rolls just so you're prepared. After the interview I was told that I would be hearing back something within the next weeks. The next communication was to confirm my job history, which is expected to be extremely accurate for background check. After I confirmed that everything was correct I received an offer contingent on the background check.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Process was fairly simple. Filled out an application online, received an email two days later about completing an online assessment. The assessment consisted of seven parts and took me an hour to complete. The next day, I received an email stating I passed the assessment and the next step was to schedule a phone interview.

Phone interview- took 45 mins . Basically went over my resume, job history and answered some behavioral questions. Recruiter over the phone was very pleasant and easy going. He informed me after the phone interview that someone would be in touch within three to five business days. Two days later I got a call to set up a face to face interview.

Face to face interview- was just myself and a member from Human Resource. This interview took an hour, where we basically went over my resume, I was asked behavioral questions, had to "sell" and item and three role play scenarios. Was told I would receive a call the following week. I got a call with a job offer THAT SAME EVENING! Gladly accepted--waiting on background check now.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with an angry customer at work and what was the solution?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had a difficult task to complete at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay rate I was offered was excellent so there was no negotiation needed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2017.

Interview

About a week after I sent an application, I was scheduled for a phone interview that lasted an hour. I then was scheduled for a regular interview. I received an email 2 days later saying I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Columbus, OH).

Interview

2 phone interviews 1 was extensive and then a face to face with an existing manager. During the interview an example customer interaction was played and you provided what was done well or not so well

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Verizon Wireless   1 Answer