Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

After the application the initial application, the next step was to complete an online assessment. The assessment was pretty basic. Once that was complete I received an email saying that I would be moving on to the next step which was the phone interview. The phone interview was pretty general. Mostly behavioral and integrity checks. At the end of the phone interview it was confirmed that I would be moving on the the next step, which is the face to face interview, and that someone would call to schedule. The face to face interview was pretty laid back, but you are expected to show that you can carry yourself in a professional manner. There were some of the basic questions at first. Afterwards we got into role playing. I had to sell an item and then take a few "calls." This is the part that had me a little nervous, I would suggest that you practice some rolls just so you're prepared. After the interview I was told that I would be hearing back something within the next weeks. The next communication was to confirm my job history, which is expected to be extremely accurate for background check. After I confirmed that everything was correct I received an offer contingent on the background check.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Process was fairly simple. Filled out an application online, received an email two days later about completing an online assessment. The assessment consisted of seven parts and took me an hour to complete. The next day, I received an email stating I passed the assessment and the next step was to schedule a phone interview.

Phone interview- took 45 mins . Basically went over my resume, job history and answered some behavioral questions. Recruiter over the phone was very pleasant and easy going. He informed me after the phone interview that someone would be in touch within three to five business days. Two days later I got a call to set up a face to face interview.

Face to face interview- was just myself and a member from Human Resource. This interview took an hour, where we basically went over my resume, I was asked behavioral questions, had to "sell" and item and three role play scenarios. Was told I would receive a call the following week. I got a call with a job offer THAT SAME EVENING! Gladly accepted--waiting on background check now.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with an angry customer at work and what was the solution?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had a difficult task to complete at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay rate I was offered was excellent so there was no negotiation needed.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Columbus, OH).

Interview

2 phone interviews 1 was extensive and then a face to face with an existing manager. During the interview an example customer interaction was played and you provided what was done well or not so well

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Verizon Wireless   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

The interview process was behavioral based in the STAR format. Situation. Task. Action. Result. You're asked a serious of maybe 4 or 5 questions that require you to describe something you did or something that happened followed up with how it turned out. You need to be thorough yet keeping it simple and to the point is what they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Very long; up to 2 hours; must know how to role play and sell a device. Sound upbeat and energetic over the phone. Dress professional when in person. Ask questions about the company and do your research.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to do a presentation. What made it successful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

[Pretty long but helpful] It's sort of a lengthy process, standard really. I applied online, they then sent me an assessment test and gave me a 5 day period to complete it. It's broken down into 3 parts. Each about 30+ minutes maybe, once you finish and submit if you passed they will then email you about the next steps. In my case it was phone interview, they told me to give a date and time where I'm free to do so. Once I responded with the date and time, they told me I should be receiving a call. This was on a Wednesday, I set my phone interview up for the next morning. They called not a second late, we introduced ourselves and hop right into it. They gave me a brief description of what I would be doing if I got an offer got my opinion on that. Asked how up to date am I on electrics; smartphones, tablets & wifi. Asked me a few questions about customer service! It all took about 45 minutes once done they told me I sound great and would like to advance me to the next round! Which is now a face to face interview. My local recruiter was off that day so he gave me a call the next day and set my interview up for the following Tuesday at 11. Asked if I had any questions, sent me an email with instructions. Waited the weekend out sand Tuesday arrived I was there 15 minutes early. They got me signed in, my interviewer came out which was the trainer for my call center. He pretty much took a copy of my resume I got the other and we went over it.[ I would suggest bringing two or more because he stated that usually it's a two panel interview however his partner was on vacation.] He told me he would grill me and that's pretty much what he did. After that he got my opinion on Verizon and customer service. Ask me some questions about smart phones and then we did role play. Did about 3 different role play calls and that was it. He told me I was pretty sharp at what I do and he loved me. Only thing was my job history and if he offered me a job he expected to see the person he sees there today. I got a call back on today, two days later and they offered me the position. I'm waiting my background check now. They are BIG on your previous job and the dates. Other than that typical process, it can get lengthy just believe in yourself and be very relaxed in your interview and it'll go smooth!

Interview Questions

• What are some of the latest news stories you have heard about the cell phone Industry?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to solve a difficult situation with a customer and how did you solve it.   1 Answer
    • What operating system does apple and android use?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do what's best for you. Great company

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

The interview process is intense, through it is very effective as I have worked in other call centers, if they put in the time that they did at Verizon, turn overs would not be as high.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

Apply online for the position then if they like you, you will receive a phone interview, if you pass that, they will call you for testing and an in person interview. The test is filled with abstract thinking. Also a lot of roll playing as a rep and how you would handle specific situations. Also lots of questions about integrity and honesty. Then an in person interview, lots of questions using the STAR Model. After the testing and interview they say they will call. A few weeks later I got the call that I am hired contingent on the drug test and background check. Then, I immediately had to get drug tested within a 4 hour window. I then had to pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a stressful, difficult situation at work, and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Initially applied online after learning about open position from indeed.com
    After reviewing my resume I was emailed a link to complete a 7 part timed assessment that took me 1 hour and 45 minutes out of the maximum allotted 2 hours to complete.
    1 week later I received an email confirming that I passed the assessment accompanied by a link and instructions to schedule a phone interview.
    Phone interview lasted approximately 40 minutes and consisted of general questions about occupation, goals, education, and personality, followed by 4 or 5 behavioral interview questions.
    Was contacted 6 hours after the completion of the phone interview to schedule an in person panel interview at the local call center in Huntsville, AL.
    In person interview consisted of behavioral interview questions, customer call role-play, and discussion of career goals as they relate to CSR position at Verizon Wireless.
    Successful interview resulted in drug screen, background check, and acceptance of position with scheduling of training course.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current cellphone or other wireless device.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Despite having over 20 years of sales and sales management experience, not to mention the last 13 in the wireless industry, I could not pass the phone interview stage and have also applied to many in store sales positions and have never even received a phone interview. I would love to know how to get my foot in the door.