Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

310 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

very lengthy: two or more phone interviews, on site assessment (typing, critical thinking, multitasking) in person interview. Be very specific and detailed when answering interview questions. Research STAR interview format.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

Interview

Intense! I had to pass a phone interview, go to one of their corporate locations and pass a skills test, which followed with a person-to-person interview. A week later I had another phone interview and they called me and offered me the position on contingency. You need to be involved in the conversation with the interviewer, get to know then and connect with them. Make sure you completely understand the question before you answer. You need to prove that you can handle a conversation on the phone multiple times over.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Severak interviews first come two over the phone interview also basic questions such as what is your strongest and weakest strengths and what type I'd phones and applications are you familiar with then you get invited to an intensive typing and questionable test. And two face to face interviews be prepared for at least a one hour interview filled with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your coworker and how did you del with the situation?   1 Answer
    • Give us an example of how you would sell a product   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation great package!

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, IL).

Interview

Phone Interview, Skills Testing, One on one interview w/ recruiter then one on one interview with supervisor, offer. One good tip that I got from an interviewer there was to not use the words "we" or "us" because there weren't any other people being interviewed. This was no doubt the LONGEST interview process I had ever been through and then they only gave me enough time to put in notice at my job on Friday to start Monday, although I told them at the beginning of the process that I wanted to give two weeks notice to my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to tell a customer "no". What are you the worst at? What would a person that didn't like you personally say about you? Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to get the job done. I've interviewed 500 people for this position. Why should I hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Everyone starts at the same hourly wage and same schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one phone interview, skills testing, three in-person interviews, a background check, and a drug test. Background check seemed like you were getting a job with the FBI. This was the longest hiring process that I'd ever been through, but employers can be really picky in this economy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to tell a customer no?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, everyone starts with the same salary and benefits and this information is given to you before your first interview.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Bellevue, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview is in STAR format... Situation, Task, Action you took, Result. Be prepaired because interviews at VZW are done professionally. IF you interview well, you will get a job even if your skill set is low. If you don't interview well, it doesn't matter if you are the top leader in what you do, you will not get the job.

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2009.

Interview

Applied online, there were two phone interviews, a 1:1 interview and personality/skills test as well as a drug test anad background test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a technical problem, describe the issue and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

I was initially notified by phone that they were interested. I was then subjected to a preliminary interview and was told that I would be called at a designated time for another interview. I received instructions and a company overview by mail. The second interview took place and it was horrible! I felt as if the person on the other end did not want me to go any further in the process. He seemed to want to find anything to incriminate me. Yes, I was fired in 2006, no I did not read the company credo. I did not notice the credo at the bottom of the email, so make sure you know that. When the interview was over...I knew that it wasn't happening. I felt like my time was wasted.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Started with phone interview, if you pass then in person, STAR Format, which I don't think most people know. Sat at a table with several members of management all asking questions. Slightly terrifying. Next step was computer test.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a little nerve wrecking. First there is a phone interview and they will let you know right away if they want you to advance. Then after they schedule you for the real deal, you go into a room with 2 senior staff and they take turns putting you through different scenarios to see if you should be a call center rep or in a store doing sales. They call you in the room- test you then ask you to wait in the lobby 3x. You again will know immediately if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• They will test your knowledge about the electronics they sell. Then they will role play: I have always had an iPhone but I saw a commercial about another phone last week that's water proof and has a really good camera. I might be interested but I don't know what it was.   1 Answer