Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Hilliard, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Take online assessment. If you are able to complete you get a phone interview. They don't care what you say, and they try to intimidate you. Remember you are just one of hundreds interviewing so don't expect to be treated like a person or talk to anyone friendly. Then interviewed in person. The interviewer seemed like he hated his job and typed out my response to every single question. Can you imagine you are trying to put your best forward to show them your customer service and they are staring at a computer screen typing verbatim. I never felt so disrespected. It should have been my clue of what was to come.

Interview Questions

• What would you say if someone damaged their phone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rancho Cordova, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

At least three interviews all with the STAR format. Situation, Task, Action, Result. Stay within those guidelines and emphasize whatever skill you used such as tact, tone ability to rationalize, etc.

Interview Questions

• A situation when you had to tell someone something they were not going to like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Lincoln, NE) in December 2013.

Interview

Very intense. Met with multiple supervisors. Had to take a couple tests on a computer. Was asked about real life sceniors from previous jobs. Everyone was very friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest challenge that you had over come in a previous job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, IL).

Interview

Fairly easy: Over the phone interview, invited in for a face-to-face interview that included an assessment test. The assessment test was out of the box, pretty much testing your skills for multitasking. There was also a typing test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with challenging customer.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2017.

Interview

About a week after I sent an application, I was scheduled for a phone interview that lasted an hour. I then was scheduled for a regular interview. I received an email 2 days later saying I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

3 part interview process. My 1st part was by phone, 2nd and 3rd we in office. 3rd also involved a hands on test with a mock call to see how quickly and accurately we could input given information

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

After the application the initial application, the next step was to complete an online assessment. The assessment was pretty basic. Once that was complete I received an email saying that I would be moving on to the next step which was the phone interview. The phone interview was pretty general. Mostly behavioral and integrity checks. At the end of the phone interview it was confirmed that I would be moving on the the next step, which is the face to face interview, and that someone would call to schedule. The face to face interview was pretty laid back, but you are expected to show that you can carry yourself in a professional manner. There were some of the basic questions at first. Afterwards we got into role playing. I had to sell an item and then take a few "calls." This is the part that had me a little nervous, I would suggest that you practice some rolls just so you're prepared. After the interview I was told that I would be hearing back something within the next weeks. The next communication was to confirm my job history, which is expected to be extremely accurate for background check. After I confirmed that everything was correct I received an offer contingent on the background check.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Columbus, OH).

Interview

2 phone interviews 1 was extensive and then a face to face with an existing manager. During the interview an example customer interaction was played and you provided what was done well or not so well

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Verizon Wireless   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

The interview process was behavioral based in the STAR format. Situation. Task. Action. Result. You're asked a serious of maybe 4 or 5 questions that require you to describe something you did or something that happened followed up with how it turned out. You need to be thorough yet keeping it simple and to the point is what they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Despite having over 20 years of sales and sales management experience, not to mention the last 13 in the wireless industry, I could not pass the phone interview stage and have also applied to many in store sales positions and have never even received a phone interview. I would love to know how to get my foot in the door.