Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2017

311 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Webster, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Webster, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Was able to walk in and fill out an application and do interview right there. Tested on typing speed (very easy), asked how I would react to certain situations (looking for empathy and excitement towards customers). Easy interview

Interview Questions

• If someone called in saying they broke their phone and they're going on their honeymoon cruise tomorrow and they need a new phone, how would you react?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview and hiring process were very straight forward. After working in telecommunications previously, there aren't really any challenging questions. They did inquire ma bit more than expected into my educational background.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Albuquerque, NM) in April 2014.

Interview

After applying we set up a phone interview, followed by an exam that I had to go there and take. It asked questions to test your personality. You find out immediately if you passed or not, and from there they set up an in-person interview. The whole process took about 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a tablet to a dad of a young kid that owns his own business? How much do you know about phones/tablets?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rancho Cordova, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

They will start by asking about yourself then your employment. They appreciate personality, keep that in mind. Then they will have you do a role play and have them sale a phone to you. Don’t feel pressure just use the phone you have and ask a lot of questions to tailor the phone to the customer.

Interview Questions

• Why is iphone better then android?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Started with phone interview, if you pass then in person, STAR Format, which I don't think most people know. Sat at a table with several members of management all asking questions. Slightly terrifying. Next step was computer test.

Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Wallingford, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

Took a couple weeks to get a phone call. Typical phone interview, scheduled an in person interview. Went for in person interview and went on a group tour of the building. Did very long and boring set of tests to determine competency. After nearly falling asleep, I finished the test and was told I passed. They walked me down the hall for the first in person interview. They told me I passed that and walked me upstairs for another interview with someone else. Offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was a time that you overcame a difficult customer experience?
      Q: Are you familiar with the Verizon Mantra? (Ethics)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Lincoln, NE) in December 2013.

Interview

Online test followed by up to 3 interviews. The online test checks for basic customer service skills, balancing customer and business needs, multitasking capabilities. First interview covers basic q&a (why you want to work here, etc). Usually ask what your favorite phone apps are.
    (Use this to demonstrate excitement for a product and basic smartphone knowledge). Second interview was behavior based questions and roleplays. Third interview was with a panel, more roleplays.

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Cranberry, PA).

Interview

They are looking for energized positive people.
     How well do you take direction and criticism?
     Describe a time where you dealt with and impossible timeline, customer or situation and how did you over come that and what was the outcome.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out of the crowd   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a little nerve wrecking. First there is a phone interview and they will let you know right away if they want you to advance. Then after they schedule you for the real deal, you go into a room with 2 senior staff and they take turns putting you through different scenarios to see if you should be a call center rep or in a store doing sales. They call you in the room- test you then ask you to wait in the lobby 3x. You again will know immediately if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• They will test your knowledge about the electronics they sell. Then they will role play: I have always had an iPhone but I saw a commercial about another phone last week that's water proof and has a really good camera. I might be interested but I don't know what it was.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Was interviewed 12 years ago so I know the interview process has changed slightly. I met with the current district manager and HR rep at the time of my interview