Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

308 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

The interview process was behavioral based in the STAR format. Situation. Task. Action. Result. You're asked a serious of maybe 4 or 5 questions that require you to describe something you did or something that happened followed up with how it turned out. You need to be thorough yet keeping it simple and to the point is what they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker. How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Very long; up to 2 hours; must know how to role play and sell a device. Sound upbeat and energetic over the phone. Dress professional when in person. Ask questions about the company and do your research.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to do a presentation. What made it successful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

[Pretty long but helpful] It's sort of a lengthy process, standard really. I applied online, they then sent me an assessment test and gave me a 5 day period to complete it. It's broken down into 3 parts. Each about 30+ minutes maybe, once you finish and submit if you passed they will then email you about the next steps. In my case it was phone interview, they told me to give a date and time where I'm free to do so. Once I responded with the date and time, they told me I should be receiving a call. This was on a Wednesday, I set my phone interview up for the next morning. They called not a second late, we introduced ourselves and hop right into it. They gave me a brief description of what I would be doing if I got an offer got my opinion on that. Asked how up to date am I on electrics; smartphones, tablets & wifi. Asked me a few questions about customer service! It all took about 45 minutes once done they told me I sound great and would like to advance me to the next round! Which is now a face to face interview. My local recruiter was off that day so he gave me a call the next day and set my interview up for the following Tuesday at 11. Asked if I had any questions, sent me an email with instructions. Waited the weekend out sand Tuesday arrived I was there 15 minutes early. They got me signed in, my interviewer came out which was the trainer for my call center. He pretty much took a copy of my resume I got the other and we went over it.[ I would suggest bringing two or more because he stated that usually it's a two panel interview however his partner was on vacation.] He told me he would grill me and that's pretty much what he did. After that he got my opinion on Verizon and customer service. Ask me some questions about smart phones and then we did role play. Did about 3 different role play calls and that was it. He told me I was pretty sharp at what I do and he loved me. Only thing was my job history and if he offered me a job he expected to see the person he sees there today. I got a call back on today, two days later and they offered me the position. I'm waiting my background check now. They are BIG on your previous job and the dates. Other than that typical process, it can get lengthy just believe in yourself and be very relaxed in your interview and it'll go smooth!

Interview Questions

• What are some of the latest news stories you have heard about the cell phone Industry?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to solve a difficult situation with a customer and how did you solve it.   1 Answer
    • What operating system does apple and android use?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do what's best for you. Great company

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

The interview process is intense, through it is very effective as I have worked in other call centers, if they put in the time that they did at Verizon, turn overs would not be as high.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

Apply online for the position then if they like you, you will receive a phone interview, if you pass that, they will call you for testing and an in person interview. The test is filled with abstract thinking. Also a lot of roll playing as a rep and how you would handle specific situations. Also lots of questions about integrity and honesty. Then an in person interview, lots of questions using the STAR Model. After the testing and interview they say they will call. A few weeks later I got the call that I am hired contingent on the drug test and background check. Then, I immediately had to get drug tested within a 4 hour window. I then had to pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a stressful, difficult situation at work, and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Initially applied online after learning about open position from indeed.com
    After reviewing my resume I was emailed a link to complete a 7 part timed assessment that took me 1 hour and 45 minutes out of the maximum allotted 2 hours to complete.
    1 week later I received an email confirming that I passed the assessment accompanied by a link and instructions to schedule a phone interview.
    Phone interview lasted approximately 40 minutes and consisted of general questions about occupation, goals, education, and personality, followed by 4 or 5 behavioral interview questions.
    Was contacted 6 hours after the completion of the phone interview to schedule an in person panel interview at the local call center in Huntsville, AL.
    In person interview consisted of behavioral interview questions, customer call role-play, and discussion of career goals as they relate to CSR position at Verizon Wireless.
    Successful interview resulted in drug screen, background check, and acceptance of position with scheduling of training course.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current cellphone or other wireless device.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Despite having over 20 years of sales and sales management experience, not to mention the last 13 in the wireless industry, I could not pass the phone interview stage and have also applied to many in store sales positions and have never even received a phone interview. I would love to know how to get my foot in the door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

I did a forty minute phone interview after completing the application and tests. I was then brought in for an interview on site with a different person. The phone interview was mainly about my experience and background with 2 or 3 behavioral questions at the end. The final interview was mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Role play - Sell the interviewer on the phone/tablet/device you use as if they were a customer.   Answer Question
    • What are your short term goals?   Answer Question
    • What are your long term goals?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in the call center as a Customer Service Representative?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a complex problem and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Bangor, ME).

Interview

First was a brief phone interview and then an interview in person with a management. Had to also go into the center to take an assessment test about how you would handle certain calls and to make sure that you were just able to function as a normal employee.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle someone who may call in upset?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Too easy and it gets worse and worse every year. They just want bodies. Its not exactly worth it. Just saying. Many of your co workers will have NO idea what their doing and neither does the management. I may as well have their jobs.