Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

302 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Wallingford, CT).

Interview

It was a long process. Had to apply online, then do a phone interview, then a data entry test, then another interview. The entire process took about a month. They hire a bunch of people at once so everyone can be entered into a class setting for training which took 19 weeks!

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

They sent me an email to coordinate an interview over the phone. Then a personal interview was scheduled. In probably less than a week I received the job offer. Then all the required tests had to be done in a matter of 2 days.

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN).

Interview

I was interviewed by three people at once. They asked the usual customer service questions. There really wasn't a need for the lengthy interview process since it was a basic entry level customer service job. They take everything way too seriously around there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you went above and beyond for a customer and how did it work out?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They tell you what you make up front.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There are 2 phone interviews before the final face-to-face interview. The process takes about 2 weeks. You hear back within 2 days of your last interview and as soon as they make the decision they make you an offer that you can accept or decline. I accepted the first offer, however I found out that you can negotiate based on your experience and education.

Interview Questions

• General job related questions and examples about how you behaved in certain situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charlotte, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

It's been a while and I know the process has changed. I had a phone interview, then a face to face, and then one more face to face. I was offered at the 2nd face to face.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Assessment and behavioral based interview questions with multiple interviews. They give you a good base line of what the position will be and portray what the schedule will look like for training and after.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you had conflicting demands in a previous position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN).

Interview

S.T.A.R. Format type questions. S.T.A.R stands for Situation, Task, Action Resolution. This is the standard with any type of interview with Verizon, internally as well. The questions are rated on a scale of 1-5 you don't get to see your results in how you did. IF you receive an email or call you did good. If you failed you will get a thanks but no thanks email right away.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were responsible for a developing team that you were not a member, list the steps you took to develop the team and what happened.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied at the beginning of June. Received an email about a week later for me to take the assessment. After I took the assessment (it took me about an hour), I received an email a few hours later telling me to set up a time for a phone interview. Please look over the company credo! The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of mainly behavior based questions and information on the position. I moved on to the final stage which was a face to face interview. This lasted about an hour. More behavior based questions and three role play scenarios. I was told I would know something in 7 -10 days.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most difficult part of this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Redmond, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

i have 25 years in customer service experince.
    customer service is to make customer hapay, so the customer has a good exoerince,
    from our company
    they ask me about up selling our product and competition withe other competetors.
    i told them to be loyal to the company makes that happen.
     my interview was very good and right to the

Interview Questions

• they ask me if i ran to a situation to resolve it i ,i said i try my best to resolve it ,then i refer it to-
      my supervisoir.   1 Answer