Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

302 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

Hiring process: Submitted application. Received an email about 5 days later asking me to schedule a phone interview. It was nice to pick the time for my phone interview. Scheduled it for about 3 days later. Phone interview lasted about an hour and asked standard interview questions such as; "Tell me about yourself.", "Why do you want to work for Verizon?","Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer." and so on. After the phone interview they asked me to come the following day for an assessment test.

Assessment Test: Consisted of 7 sections. They test your multi-tasking skills buy having you match random number combinations while answering simulated phone calls. Additionally you have to type what someone was speaking. It was fairly easy. I was scheduled for a final interview the following week.

Final interview: The final interview consisted of mainly scenario based reenactments. You played the role of the representative while the manager played the customer to see how you handled various situations. The only awkward part for me was the "Sell me a product" scenario as I do not have a sales background.

Overall I found the recruiters and managers at Verizon to be very friendly and approachable. The process took 2-3 weeks not including the background check. I would recommend.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2015.

Interview

First of all it took them a week to contact me regarding my resume. I had a phone interview and then scheduled an assessment a few days later. The assessment was a joke and in no way can that be used to gauge what type of an employee you will be. I took the assessment which lasted over an hour and then was led down to the lobby and was told that I failed and that I could reapply in six months. No thank you!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

This was a very in-depth phone screen. I was asked questions about how I use my phone, what apps are on it etc. Also emphasized Wireless Networking as required aspect training. This didn't bother me much. However, she did clarify that the position did pay for its extensive training period but that it didn't pay much to start ~12.00... She was unwilling to indicate whether this changed once the training period had successfully elapsed.

Interview Questions

• What type of apps do you have on your phone and which do you use the most   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Hilliard, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The overall process took a really long time, despite the fact that I heard from HR within a few days of applying. One long phone interview with a recruiter a week after hearing back. Then had to schedule a test. Then another in person interview with a supervisor. THEN another call from HR to finalize everything, plus waiting for nearly two weeks for them to tell me that I actually got the job and what they were paying me. Meanwhile, neither phone interviewer had recorded my job history correctly, so I had to constantly correct things. They also called in the evenings most of the time, despite the fact that I told them I worked second shift. Whole process took at least a month, while I had to hold off telling my employer at the time that I was leaving until 5 days before the first training day at Verizon. For as easy as the interviews themselves were, the tediousness was nightmarish

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

First there was an online assessment that asked personality based questions.
    Next a phone interview, then another assessment in depth that had practice calls and additional personality questions.
    Next you're scheduled for a face to face interview, they call if you get an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Dublin, OH).

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by face to face interview. Honestly cannot remember bc I worked for them back in 2007 and this review only goes back to 2011. Typical phone interview asking about your customer service experiences and why you want to work for VZW. Sorry but cannot remember bc so long ago.

Interview Questions

• Cannot remember but they did have computer test to test keyboarding skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set salary.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chandler, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Very tedious..phone interview..two face to face..another phone interview with HR then received verbal offer..then confirmed the offer after background check..please make sure your resume is accurate...this could have your offer withdrawn if it cant be verified through previous employers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Matthews, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Representative from "Talent" team made initial contact by phone then set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was scheduled for a pass/fail assessment, which I passed. I was then set up for a face-to-face interview which I felt like went very well. I was told that it would take 7-10 business days for my background check to come back at which time an offer would be made but they would let me know "either way". So, after 10 business days, I emailed the recruiter who made initial contact with me that I was not selected for the position and when I inquired as to why (in a professional way), he never answered me. I feel like after 2 phone interviews and 2 visits to the actual call center, the least he could do was give me some feedback. I feel like they wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rancho Cordova, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a bit lengthy, but it's because they truly care about who they are bringing into the company. After you apply, if you meet their requirements you take an assessment, if you pass that you get a phone interview, then an in person interview, then you have to pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• They ask that you simulate a sale in the in person interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Would of been good had the interviewer not felt a way about where I was from. He looked at my resume and seen I was from NY and made a "stink face" so to speak and then proceeded to say "oh you're from New York?!" The interview would have went well if he wasn't so sarcastic. I didn't get an offer, and that's ok. He would have been my team leader and that wouldn't have worked out. For the record, I applied April 5th, got an email April 6th to schedule a phone interview (easy) but after the phone interview I didn't hear anything. long story short, they're a little unorganized, you have to stay on them. They do offer GREAT benefits though and if you get an offer you will definitely enjoy them. Good luck.

Oh yea, the computerized test is easy as long and you're good at managing your time.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Follow the star format. Light role play. You have to sell them a product. Do something you're familiar with (I.e your cell phone or tablet/ipad)   Answer Question