Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions in Little Rock, AR | Glassdoor

3.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process is lengthy, I had first met recruiters at a recruiting fair, I showed them my resume and they asked me to submit my application online. It was about a 2 weeks and I was invited to take a test. The test was unusual in that it asked random questions to prioritize situations. I passed this and was scheduled for a phone interview. They sent me an email prior with job description and their company credo. I briefly looked it over and wish I had spent more time looking it over because several questions during this interview regarded the information sent specifically the credo. I was then scheduled for a face to face interview, they asked a lot of the same questions as before. They asked me to provide an example of time I've used technology. We also did some role play.

Interview Questions

• Have a basic understanding of technology, research the types of software on the phones (Apple, Android, etc.). They do a lot of role play and looking to see how empathetic you are, how do you respond to a disgruntled customer, get to the root issue.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in September 2014.

Interview

The process had three main stages: A phone interview, an assessment and a final in-person interview.

I applied online with Verizon 14 days prior to being hired. I received an email from a representative asking me to provide a pair of days followed with times that I would be available for a phone interview. After that was done, I received a second email confirming my interview date and time. They also provided me with some information to look over before the interview.

I received a phone call from the person I was scheduled to interview with on the appropriate date at the appropriate time described in the confirmation email. The interview went something along these lines: A discussion of work history, a few questions about why I desired to work at Verizon Wireless, an overview of the job, as well as about five behavioral-based questions that I had to answer in the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). This interview was about 45 minutes long. At the end of the interview, I was invited to attend the on-site skills assessment at the location I would be working upon successful hire. I was given several date options and two time options; 10AM and 2PM. I accepted and came in on the soonest possible date at 2PM. I was told to arrive 10 minutes early, bring a valid photo ID with me to the assessment and dress professionally.

Upon arrival on the assessment date, I was greeted at the front desk and given a name sticker after showing them my ID. I waited with two other candidates in the front until finally being taken back to the assessment room and having the process explained by a Verizon Wireless employee. The entire assessment is taken on company computers.

We were given an 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete the entire assessment. It was divided up into seven parts.

Upon passing the assessment, I went back to the front waiting area and was eventually pulled back and informed that I had passed. I was then given a list of available days and times to be interviewed in person. Again, I selected the soonest possible date.

The interview was with a supervisor from the call center where I would be working. It was similar to the phone interview in that we discussed my work history and Verizon Wireless' benefits as well as my reason for wanting to work at Verizon. She asked me a single behavior-based question, but it didn't require a STAR-formatted response. After that, we jumped into three role play scenarios which I had to improvise. The first one was to sell her anything in this room. I chose to sell her my iPhone. For the next two role plays, I was given a sheet to look over. On one side were three cell phone options with various add-ons and on the other were three wireless plans with varying degrees of minutes and data, as well as more add-ons. The next role play was that of me taking a call for an upset customer who's cell phone bill is too high. The final role play is a mother who is ready to upgrade her phone and wants phones for her two teens. Just handle these the best you can. More likely than not, you will not get some of these role play scenarios.

Upon successfully complete the interview I was told to expect a call within three days. On day number two after the interview, I was called and given a conditional offer of employment. I had to submit to a background check as well as complete drug testing within 48 hours. Just follow all of the instructions the recruiter gives on the phone and read through the emails and complete any required actions and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult task and little time to accomplish it, what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The salary is set in stone from the beginning.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in August 2014.

Interview

I first received an email asking to be set up for a phone interview the week of Aug 3. I was showed numerous time slots and told to pick one. I selected the week of august 10th.
    In the phone interview she asked me questions of why I want to work for Verizon. What I liked about the position, benefits, credo and what I did not like. She asked me about myself and verified my employment history on my resume. The then asked me STAR interview questions. After this she told me I had successful completed the interview and I would move on to the next step, which was the assessment test. During this interview you can tell it is scripted and they follow a flow.
    Assessment.
    Many people will say that if you can read and write you can pass the test! This is not true. If you are a regular are advanced computer user it will be like reading or writing. If you are not, you will have a hard time passing. I took my test on the week of the 17th. I showed up and was brought to a room with computers in it. Kind of like a voting booth but no privacy curtain. You can shop around for more info about the test. But this is what I remember (Each section is timed – countdown). First part is a basic survey and questions. For example I desire a job where (I do nothing all day or I am challenged every day). The next part is your regular questions about ethics and stuff. You know the ones about if someone stole something would you tell the manager. The next part is listening to customer calls and deciding the appropriate answer from Very good to the worst. Next part was like bingo. A number popped up and you had to find it in the card on the left side of the screen and click it. The net part was typing. Retyping sentences and typing recorded sentences. The next part was call routing. Incoming calls can in and you had to transfer them to the right department while also verifying numbers on the left side of the screen to see if they match. There may be a few other things I missed but you can find those if you hunt through the interview list. Now I did not finish one section so if you did make it on one section do not worry as I still passed. I want to say quality of quantity but I only missed one section. Also there is the critical thinking one with the boat. Someone else explained it will on here.
    Like I said this test is not for everyone. I am a strong computer user who can multitask and type 54 wpm. If you are on here, more than likely you will be able to pass the test. If you were smart enough to research the position. But if you do not use the computer on a daily base or know how to type there is a good chance you will not pass the test.
    I was then setup for another interview the next day. This was a interview with a supervisor. She asked me a few behavioral questions. A few questions about the job and my resume. We also played some role playing. She acted like a customer and I tried to help her solve the problem. She then asked me to sell her a item. I was caught off guard completely but I still made it through. I am not a seller. After this my interview was over and I received an offer the following week.
    So in total it took 5 weeks before I walked in the door full time.

Interview Questions

• Im calling and I want a new phone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They pay is set in stone.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in August 2014.

Interview

The process was very simple. I applied online and then I heard from a recruiter the same week. The recruiter asked me simple questions during the phone screenings. The one on one interview was easy. I had to sell her a phone.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in June 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews, I then had to go into the call center to test out. After passing the test, I was then called in for a face to face interview. The phone interviews were not difficult, testing was extremely odd. The face to face interview just consisted of them wanting to know my background. After being the only one in my class to pass the test, I felt I had the job.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in June 2014.

Interview

You first receive an online assessment then you do you a phone interview after the phone interview you do another assessment at Verizon. After that assessment you do a face to face interview. after the face to face interview you receive a confirmation call that you have received the job.

Interview Questions

• general interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in November 2012.

Interview

I had an intial phone interview, then I was scheduled for an computer assessment, then I had another phone interview, and then I was called back for another interview with a CSR manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in September 2011.

Interview

1) Applied online with an employee referral.
    2) Received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview.
    3) After phone interview, scheduled a time to take skills test.
    4) After skills test, scheduled a time for do face-to-face HR interview.
    5) After HR interview, scheduled a time for supervisor interview.
    6) After supervisor interview, they were extremely vague about their decision.

This was my first experience with the corporate interview process. While others say it is easy, I was extremely stressed out from Verizon's lack of communication in the process. From reading other reviews on this forum, I can confirm that if Verizon doesn't inform you of the next step in the hiring process right then and there, you can assume you're off the grid.

During the process, HR was extremely difficult to reach and over 80% of the time didn't return my e-mails/calls.

Verizon has a nasty habit of not giving you a straight answer when asking for feedback. I went through the hiring process twice (and even made it to the last step each time), and was told vague responses like "you weren't specific enough in your examples," or "your thoughts weren't organized." I call BS on both of these, because there's no way I would have made it to the last step BOTH TIMES, if someone didn't believe there was potential.

I know from a friend that works at Verizon that it's a nice place to work, which is why I tried twice (and might even try again in the future). I'm hoping that my experience will be different at a different call center...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't agree with what management was doing.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied for the job online on March 20,2011 and I got an email on May9,2011 with the job description and company Credo.The email was asking was I still interested in the job and if I was.Choose a date a time that I wanted to take the assessment at 1 Allied Drive in Little Rock,Arkansas.I accepted to take the assessment and I will take it on May24,2011 at 1pm.I wanted to know what are the other steps in the hiring process for this cal center in LittleRock,Ark.Is there an Acheck as well.

Negotiation

Salary is already stated and it is final

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in February 2011.

Interview

It started with me receiving an email telling me to schedule my first phone interview. I did, it was basically just going over things I put on my application along with a few generic interview questions. After that, I had another phone interview where they asked me examples of how I had or would handle certain scenarios. After that I was scheduled for an assessment. The Monday after the Friday of my assessment, I was called and informed that I passed the assessment and was scheduled for my final interview. I went in and after a few questions I had to listen to a few actual recorded calls and critique them or say what they did well. After that, I was asked if I had time to meet with the supervisor of the person who was interviewing me. I, of course, did. Pretty much the same questions again. I want to say it was the very next business day on which they called and offered me the job.

My experience was very positive and has remained positive through my first bit of training. Everyone we've met has seemed to love working there. I don't think that many people could so convincingly fake it. And there are tons of benefits aside from medical. It really does feel like they want you to be happy in your job and life in general. Granted my only experience is in training so far, but from what I see, it is up to you how well you do and how happy you'll be.

Interview Questions

• There is always the "why do you want to work here?".   Answer Question
    • "Why do you think we should choose you over someone else?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate. I'm pretty sure they are pretty standard on the starting salary.