Verizon Wireless Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 7, 2017

3.2

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process is long and hard. I had to apply to verizon over 100x to get a phone interview. I applied on June 5 received an email for the assessment on June 8, passed the assessmen, got an email that I was selected for the preliminary interview(phone interview)on June 9th which took about 30 mins. I found out I passed the phone interview on June 14th. Had the F2F on June 20th which took about an hour and a half. Now I am awaiting to hear back from the recruiter/HR. The interview went well, I did not have any issues with the assessment. I think it was pretty easy. I hope I have the job.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about a time where I had to deal with an irate customer.
    He asked me to sell a product
    After the role play, he asked why I took that route and how did I feel?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

The application process was very long with numerous questions then a test. Interview process is two parts phone interview then a face to face interview. I applied on a Friday had the first interview on a Wednesday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email to do an assessment, then got another email for a phone screen. The lady I spoke with was very rude; I assumed because I change the time of the interview to another day because she was LATE calling and that sort of irritated her that's why she maybe had an attitude. Honestly, I was expecting an attitude when I saw her first name, but I try not to make premature judgements. Nevertheless, she was very nasty when I told her why I changed the time. From there on that pretty much set the tone for the interview. She did not seem very enthusiastic, but I tried to keep a very positive attitude throughout the interview, but I could already tell I would not be moving forward through the next phase. Even at the end when I asked her questions she only gave one-word responses and hung up very quickly.

Interview Questions

• what you like most and least about working for Verizon?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rolling Meadows, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online a day later I received an email telling me to take an assessment. The assessment takes like 45 minutes, they have you type, personality questions, and direct calls to the right department. That same day I was sent an email to schedule a phone interview, I scheduled my phone interview for 1/23. The phone interview took about 30 minutes she just asked basic interview questions and went over my resume, at the end of the interview she informed me I would be getting a call to schedule a face to face interview. That same night around 5:00 p.m. I received a call to schedule the in person interview for 1/30. The face to face interview was kind of hard they just asked you basic interview questions similar to the phone interview, and you have to do some role playing. The interviewer is typing the whole time and rarely looks up just to ask another question. She pretends to be 3 different customers and you are the customer service rep, one is a angry customer, one is you selling a device you are familiar with ( I would research your phone that way you can use that device as a selling point). The third question they give you a paper with some material one it and you chose whats the best phone for the customer. After the interview she asked if I had any questions and sent me on my way. 2/2 I received a text message asking if I was available the following day to go over my resume again, they do a very detailed background check and just want to make sure the dates are correct. After she went over my resume she informed me that I had a contingent offer and my start date. Now I am waiting on my background check to come back. Hope this helps!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you learn something new, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Friday and was invited to do my testing on Monday. I passed my test and was invited on Tuesday to schedule a phone interview. I had my phone interview on Wednesday and was invited to a face to face interview on that Friday. I got my contingent job offer a week later pending a background check and I just started this week, a week after my offer. Be confident, patient and smile!

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Wilmington, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

There is an online interview, they test your typing skills (how fast and efficient you are), they also test your listening skills and how well you can multi task if you pass that, they will call you to test you out over the phone and if they like you, you will have an in person interview

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying online I quickly recieved an email to complete assessment. The assessment was thorough. I was soon invited to a lengthy phone interview including review of my resume, behavioral questions, review of role and company. Finally I was scheduled for a face to face interview that was similar to the phone interview but more intimidating. Two gentlemen type away at laptops while drilling you about your resume, ask more behavioral questions, role playing, reviewing role again! They cannot make eye contact with you while taking notes. The interviewers came off rude. They showed little empathy towards mothers in the workforce. I had a fantastic interview but they appeared bother by my investment into motherhood over my career in my past. I was not offered a position, though I walked out the interview understanding I would not work for this company. It appears they are seeking minions.

Interview Questions

• Using a specific scenario, how would you manage multiple talk that need to be completed within. A restricted time frame. How did you balance? Describe your desicison process. What were the results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Consisted of 2 phone interviews, an aptitude test and finally a face to face interview. They asked me during the face to face to try to position their "accessory of the month" to them as part of the process. The rest of the questions were pretty standard. The whole process lasted about two weeks and were pretty quick to get back to me with each step.

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Hilliard, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

As with everything at Verizon the interview is recorded. However, the interviewer is typing out your answers as you speak them. There isn't really any high pressure involved but it definitely makes you feel strange when the person interviewing you is not really listening and interacting but typing everything you say.
    Role play is key at Verizon. They will require you to answer with specific accounts from your memory. I made up all of my answers. I simply imagined what I would likely do in a situation and instead of saying "what I would do", I just pretended like the whole scenario had actually happened and described the details of my imagination. Don't let this part make you nervous.

Interview Questions

• Describe a school course or subject that you have used in your prior career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was a long process. After applying I received an email to take a 90 minute test that composed of 7 parts. Most of it was pretty easy, however if you do not have intermediate to advance typing skills you may struggle through the multi-tasking part. The beginning of the test was more of a focused on questions regarding the integrity of the person you were. The was also another part that dealt with process of elimination. The other parts were Call-center related questions.

The phone interview took about 30 mins. He asked very basic questions to technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Verizon?   1 Answer