Verizon Wireless Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rolling Meadows, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online a day later I received an email telling me to take an assessment. The assessment takes like 45 minutes, they have you type, personality questions, and direct calls to the right department. That same day I was sent an email to schedule a phone interview, I scheduled my phone interview for 1/23. The phone interview took about 30 minutes she just asked basic interview questions and went over my resume, at the end of the interview she informed me I would be getting a call to schedule a face to face interview. That same night around 5:00 p.m. I received a call to schedule the in person interview for 1/30. The face to face interview was kind of hard they just asked you basic interview questions similar to the phone interview, and you have to do some role playing. The interviewer is typing the whole time and rarely looks up just to ask another question. She pretends to be 3 different customers and you are the customer service rep, one is a angry customer, one is you selling a device you are familiar with ( I would research your phone that way you can use that device as a selling point). The third question they give you a paper with some material one it and you chose whats the best phone for the customer. After the interview she asked if I had any questions and sent me on my way. 2/2 I received a text message asking if I was available the following day to go over my resume again, they do a very detailed background check and just want to make sure the dates are correct. After she went over my resume she informed me that I had a contingent offer and my start date. Now I am waiting on my background check to come back. Hope this helps!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you learn something new, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Friday and was invited to do my testing on Monday. I passed my test and was invited on Tuesday to schedule a phone interview. I had my phone interview on Wednesday and was invited to a face to face interview on that Friday. I got my contingent job offer a week later pending a background check and I just started this week, a week after my offer. Be confident, patient and smile!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying online I quickly recieved an email to complete assessment. The assessment was thorough. I was soon invited to a lengthy phone interview including review of my resume, behavioral questions, review of role and company. Finally I was scheduled for a face to face interview that was similar to the phone interview but more intimidating. Two gentlemen type away at laptops while drilling you about your resume, ask more behavioral questions, role playing, reviewing role again! They cannot make eye contact with you while taking notes. The interviewers came off rude. They showed little empathy towards mothers in the workforce. I had a fantastic interview but they appeared bother by my investment into motherhood over my career in my past. I was not offered a position, though I walked out the interview understanding I would not work for this company. It appears they are seeking minions.

Interview Questions

• Using a specific scenario, how would you manage multiple talk that need to be completed within. A restricted time frame. How did you balance? Describe your desicison process. What were the results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Consisted of 2 phone interviews, an aptitude test and finally a face to face interview. They asked me during the face to face to try to position their "accessory of the month" to them as part of the process. The rest of the questions were pretty standard. The whole process lasted about two weeks and were pretty quick to get back to me with each step.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was a long process. After applying I received an email to take a 90 minute test that composed of 7 parts. Most of it was pretty easy, however if you do not have intermediate to advance typing skills you may struggle through the multi-tasking part. The beginning of the test was more of a focused on questions regarding the integrity of the person you were. The was also another part that dealt with process of elimination. The other parts were Call-center related questions.

The phone interview took about 30 mins. He asked very basic questions to technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Verizon?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chandler, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

June 29, 2015: submitted an application.. June 30, 2015: I received an email from their global talent acquisition asking for me to attend an interview on 7/7 and to read over the Credo and watch the video. July 7, 2015: Attended the interview. Sat with someone from their HR Dept for about 30 mins and they asked very basic questions especially wanted to know a lot about my military background. Once that was done, i was told she wanted to advance me to the assessment. There are 7 parts to the assessment and very straight forward. Don't feel discouraged about the assessment it actually is kind of entertaining. After i took the assessment, i was told i passed and scheduled a final interview with the Associate Director on 7/8. Attended the final interview with the Associate Director. The last interview was just the director getting to know you and about 5 role play question with a verizon cheat sheet. Wasn't bad at all, just be confident and make it interesting. 7/14/15: Received a call from HR and got an offer contingent on background and drug screen. Also, they were able to increase my pay for experience and military background. Completed both within a couple of hours so now just pending background. Their background agency is very picky, so be honest and have available copies of any and all documentation. 7/21/15 I receive a call from the recruiter today and got told i was good to go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Was a pretty quick process. Applied and received a response about one week later. Had a telephone interview which I sort of messed up but was still sent an email for an assessment. The assessment was okay, just manage your time. I passed and was then invited for a face to face interview. This was pretty good actually. I really thought I got the job after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied around June 1st through the Verizon Website. After a day or two I received an email saying the looked over my application and invited me to take the online assessment VERY BASIC common sense questions. After I passed that (which I found out the same day through email), I was asked to schedule my pre screen phone interview. Most reviews I read people did the phone interview first then the assessment so why mine was backwards I don't know, but it was. The phone call only took about 30 minutes, it was very laid back. They were easy to talk to and asked very straight forward questions. I was told before ending the conversation that someone would contact me about a face to face interview, which was later on that day. The face to face interview wasn't too bad. It was me and one supervisor. Same basic questions. They explained the position details and showed me around a little. We did a role playing section, which wasn't exactly hard but it was awkward and made you feel like everything you say is wrong. Not because they made you feel you were wrong but that you are caught off guard & arent %100 on what your allowed to say, if that makes any sense. Be able to think on your toes for sure! It was pretty easy as long as you remain confident, calm, & clear minded. I was told If chosen I would receive a call in 7-10 days, possibly an email.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Little Rock, AR) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email about a week later asking to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled a phone interview that following week. During the phone interview he asked basic interview questions and outline the job description, hours, and pay. After the phone interview he sent me an email to take an assessment which was 7 parts and took about an hour and a half. Upon completion of my assessment I was notified a couple of days later stating that I had passed and scheduled a face to face interview. Face to face interview was slightly difficult due to the role playing but it wasn't too hard. The interviewer played different roles of a difficult customer. After the interview I was called a couple of days later saying that they want to offer me the job. He sent information for a drug screening and background check which is was completed in about a week. After everything was cleared, the began to send new hire checklist information and the date of my first day of training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Set Pay Of $28,000 Base Salary. Set Hours Of 10 a.m. To 7 p.m. For The First 12 Weeks Of Training.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    I received an email from Verizon to set up a phone interview. In that email, they attach a document that has: what the job will consist of, a video link to show you the atmosphere, and a little bit about the company and it's credo. The document also contained salary and other benefits should you be hired. The phone interview was pretty simple, they discuss a little bit of your resume, talk about the position and a little bit of what the hours would be. They ask you how familiar you are with wireless technology. They also ask you why you want to work there and maybe a few general interview-type questions that I don't quite remember. They will definitely ask about the company credo, so make sure you read that. They'll ask which one is your favorite or which one is the most important to you. Also be sure to watch the video. I didn't get a chance to watch the video, so after I reluctantly told her that, she didn't ask me anything about it. She talked about salary, which was set at 28K a year, but said something about how a degree and experience may have an affect on it.

2. Assessment
    Shortly after that, I received a email conversation for the assessment. The assessment is broken into 7 sections and there is a time limit. I believe the max time for the entire process is 90 minutes, though each section has it's own time limit. Not all sections have time limits, but most of them do. One section consist of those questions that you strongly disagree/agree. Another section consist re-typing a sentence as fast and accurately as you can. There is also a part where they play the audio and you have to type what you hear. Another section consist of matching numbers within a grid of numbers. Another section consists of audios of customer complaints and based on the knowledge provided for that customer, you must figure out which option is best. Another section is you listening to customer complaints and directing them to the right operator while at the same time looking at a set of a numbers and clicking match/no match. There's another section that involves fishing, which is mostly word problem solving. If A and B are this then what you need to catch C? That's all that I remember. It took me about an hour to finish the entire test, the lady said I passed.

3. Interview
    The interview was not as hard as I thought it would be. There was one recruiter doing the interview and she was very nice. She talked about the position a little bit and asked if I was to move forward in the process, did I need any particular days off in the next 3 months. This was because the training is 3 months long and has very specific days/hours. I told her that was fine and I hadn't planned anything. The interview didn't follow the typical style that most do. They didn't ask me to tell them about myself and my story or anything like that. She did ask why I wanted to work there and what's the best part of this position and what would be the biggest challenge. She asked where my knowledge was with wireless technology. Also asked about which apps I use and which operating system I was familiar with. One STAR question was asked. Tell me about a situation in your previous job where there was an unforeseen issue and how you handled it. The interview then moved to role base situation, where the interviewer played a customer and I was the customer service specialist. Two more of these were done, the latter two you were given pieces of paper that had information you would need to address the customer issues. Another task that was assigned to us was to sell the interviewer a piece of technology that we use or have used. That was mostly it. The interviewer actually talked for the most part during the interview. When the interview was basically completed, I asked questions of my own about pay and other benefits. While she answered, she told me she was sending all my information to HR. I took that as a good sign. At the end of the interview, she said if I was selected, they would contact me in the next few days. 3 hours later I received a call with a job offer. They were able to increase my salary to 32K along with many other benefits. Obviously a drug test was required within 48 hours, along with a background check. Make sure your resume is correct, as they will do a complete background check and verify your job history and salary. The background check people, a couple days later, asked for a recent pay stub and a W2 from a few years ago. A day later, I got a call to say everything is clear and to officially welcome me to the company. That was followed by an email confirmation with information about the first day and to create my ID.

And that's pretty much it. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• A situation in your life or job where there was an unforeseen issue and what you did to overcome it?   1 Answer