Verizon Wireless Customer Service Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Customer Service Supervisor Interview Questions

3.6

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Interview

informal star format ,business dress. challenging questions. Exactly what you would expect from a fortune 15 company. panel interview - two people interviewing at the same time, alternating questions asked to me. friendly environment. did not feel nervous. comfortable temperature

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you made a commitment to a customer and you did not meet that commitment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was recruited by the hiring manager. Three rounds of panel interviews. They were challenging but, not intimidating. Standard behavioral and skill-based interview questions but, they had a lot of follow-up questions. I received an offer two days after the final interview. The process took about 4 weeks from application to offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed your manager.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to manage multiple priorities.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to manage a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Multiple interviews with different levels of management. Including many behavior based questions that they want you to relate to the current field but can be hard if you haven't been given opportunities to help.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you disagreed with a policy and what you did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charlotte, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Verizon utilizes the STAR interview process. The interview usually revolves around situational questions and what you did or would do in a situation. There are usually about 5 different questions asked covering different categories once you are applying for management positions. The initial interview is with 2 Senior Managers and if you interview strong enough to make it to the final interview. That interview is with the Director and Human Resources. The interviews can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. The more detailed the answers the better the results.

Interview Questions

• What was an opportunity that you had in your previous role and how would you overcome that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rochester, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Interviews at Verizon Wireless are pretty standard. There is the initial inquiry about your background and how that will help you in the position you are interviewing for. Then there are typically 5 behavior based questions so be answered in either BAR or SAR format. At the end there is normally a why you/me opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a peer. What was it about and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Interview

This organization is huge on the STAR format of interviews. They conduct the interviews as a panel forum. You need to follow the STAR format to a T otherwise you are marked down for not answering in the right format. This sort of process is fine if they are looking for someone to be mindless.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time your failed. What happened and what was the end result.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Interview

They typically hire Supervisors from within. There are very few positions in management that come from outside of the company. Please be dressed professionally although many of the locations have a casual dress code.

Interview Questions

• They ask you behavioral based questions. Answer honestly. Tell me about a time when you had conflicting priorities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Multiple interviews both over the phone and in person. Interview questions utilize the STAR format to obtain behavioral information.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were called upon to solve an intricate problem with little to no resources. What was the issue? And, what steps did you take to get the issue resolved? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Wallingford, CT) in December 2013.

Interview

STAR/SOAR format. Looking for extreme details. Looking for specific details of a situation, not general answers about how you would or usually handle. The process if very rigid feeling

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to enforce a policy that you did not agree with. How did you do this and what was the result.   1 Answer

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Typically you will meet first with an Associate Director and a member of HR. The next interview will be with 2 Associate Directors and then sometimes there is a 3rd where you will meet with the Call Center Director. The questions are behavior-based...."Tell me about a time when...." so if you review top behavior based interview questions for managers online you should be fine. Make sure to answer in the STAR method, situation, task, action, result. Not all questions will be like this but most will. Also, quantify you answers/results with NUMBERS!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee that was also your top performer. Tell me about a time when you missed a deadline.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Sups start off at the same pay unless there is some type of special circumstance that I am not aware of.