Verizon Wireless Customer Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Customer Specialist Interview Questions

3.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Wilmington, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Very fast process took about 2 weeks total from application to official hiring. 2 days after application I was emailed an invitation for anow assessment which is approx. 1.5 hrs long. A few days later I was given a phone screen which lasted 30 or so minutes. After the phone screen I was given a 1 on 1 interview with a hiring manager. Best advice for the 1 on 1 is be yourself and have energy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Online assessment, phone interview, face to face interview. STAR questions during phone interview and face to face. Role play of phone conversations during face to face interview. Just be prepared to answer questions in the STAR format. Also have a good clear speaking voice for the role play. Online assessment requires some multitasking abilities.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Verizon?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Mankato, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Four interviews, with one hour-long assessment. Each Interviewing stage of the process can be subjected to re-interviewing and/or re-screening/vetoes by interviewers involved in the stage. If a question arises regarding an applicants ability to perform the job (assuming they passed the skills test), the Applicant is interviewed by a new party.
    This is how my interview process went:
    1.) Phone Screening Interview
    2.) In-office assessment of computer/math/personality/typing/data-entry skills
    3.) In-person interview with Management
    3.) In-person interview with potential supervisor
    4.) In-person interview with HR and Management

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how your handling of the customer affected the situation-   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Columbus, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

It's a three part interview. First a phone interview, then a computer test and then a face to face interview. The test includes taking simulated calls, and a memory test.

Customer Specialist Interview

Interview

You apply online and a recruiter will contact you if they want to set up an interview. The recruiter that contacted me was very busy and had to reschedule 3 times, sometimes they wouldn't tell me that the time was unsuitable so I would just wait and no call. Anyway, finally got called on one of the dates, interview lasted 45 minutes. They say they are constantly hiring and are looking for 10 new employees.

Interview Questions

• Everything was basic. Why do you want to leave your current job, what do you expect in a new employer, why do you want to work there, would you be comfortable in the work environment?   Answer Question

Customer Specialist Interview

Interview

Went through 2 interviews. Most of the questions can be answered by using SOAR. Describe a time where you provided good customer service. Listen to some customer service calls and had to give my input on how I would have handled the situation. Asked how do I deal with irate customers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you provided customer service but wasn't successful in overcoming the objective.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ther was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call the very next day to schedule the phone interview. Phone interview (on a Thursday) was basic - went over my resume, qualifications, the job description and benefits, etc. I was asked two behavioral questions at the end. Was immediately scheduled for the assessment test the following Tuesday (Mon was a holiday). Was informed I passed the assessment immediately and was scheduled for an interview in person the following Monday. They would have interviewed me the very next day, but I wanted time to prepare. At the interview, they went over my resume again and asked about 4 behavioral questions, then had me listen to some calls and answer questions about them. I was offered the job two days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to weigh the pros and cons of a decision, tell me about a time when a co-worker was doing something against company policy and what did you do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Process took 4 weeks and 1 day.

May 5, 2014 - I applied online.
    May 6, 2014 - I received an email from a Verizon Wireless Recruiter stating that he wanted to schedule a phone interview.
    May 8, 2014 (9:30am) - My scheduled phone interview. Lasted 30 minutes. My interview was with another person. A lady this time. Basic questions about your previous employment. Why you left those jobs and why you are pursuing a career at Verizon. She asked about the Credo. Make sure you state basically what you liked about their Credo. She asked a few behavioral questions but nothing hard at all. Answer the questions in STAR format. After the interview she wanted me to proceed to the next step. The next step was the assessment. She emailed me over the location and additional information I would need.
    May 13, 2013 - I went to the Verizon location and took the assessment. It took roughly 2 and a half hours. The assessment was 7 parts. Cant really remember the parts but its a lot of instructions on each part so you really have to be focused and concentrate. You can over think something that could all be so simple. It really a mixture of typing, multitasking, following instructions, and listening. After the assessment you go into the HR room and they let you know right then if you passed or failed. I passed YAYY ME!!!. So the first recruiter let me know that someone would be calling me to schedule the second interview. Later that day someone did call and scheduled me an interview for that Friday.
    May 16, 2014 - My second phone interview. Lasted 45 minutes. This interview was much like the first. This time is was a third person. Another lady. She asked about the resume. She asked behavioral questions but they were a little more in depth and she asked a little more questions. After the interview she told me that I advanced to the next step which was a face to face interview. She informed me that someone would be calling to set up that interview as well. Another person called. (So many different people throughout the process but they were all nice). She scheduled me a time and location to come in and interview with her.
    May 19, 2014 (13:30pm) - Arrived on the site and had the interview. It lasted an hour. The interview was three parts. First part was basic questions about my ability to work, the position, and basic small talk. The second part was behavioral questions. The third part was you listening to sample phone calls from customers and analyze them and she asked about three or four questions after each recording, That part was a little difficult for me but I felt it went well.
    May 20, 2014 - I received a phone call with the Customer Specialist job offer contingent upon the passing of a drug test and background check. She informed me on everything. I had to go and get a paper to write it all down. This different lady which I the final lady I would be dealing with sent me an email stating that I needed to do a drug test and consent to a background check. Took the drug test the next day. The background check
    took forever. Much like most I heard.
    June 3, 2014 - I received a call stating that everything was received and cleared.
    June 16, 2014 - START DATE!!!. Super excited.

Best interview process ever. I felt like I actually earned the job, Have a great advancement program I discussed with all of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult to me was in the face to face interview having to answer the questions to the recording.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was set before your initial first phone interview. Reasonable offer I think.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a call for phone interview on 5/5/14, basic behavioral questions. After that was scheduled for rigorous skills testing, ie: problem solving, customer service skills, multi tasking, typing. Dd i mentioned the test was very RIGOROUS, it took 1-2 hours.

Interview Questions

• It was panel interview, HR rep and supervisor. There was 5 questions, not your ordinary behavioral questions. I was so in ahhh with mouth open, I forget the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Wilmington, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an email inviting me to an open house. A friend's husband had referred me. I had applied before and never gotten a reply.
    I attended the open house and had a very short interview with a couple of questions about my resume and 4 behavioral questions (Name a time when...) after which I got a tour of the call center and was scheduled an assessment test. Google the questions they ask to be prepared.
    The assessment was a 7 part test designed to test your ability to multi task, type, and logic. As long as you can type reasonably quickly and multi task you will be fine. I was told upon completion that I passed and would be receiving a phone interview.
    The phone interview was short as well (maybe 20 minutes) with more behavioral questions. Just be able to explain a difficult customer experience, your selling technique, a time when you had to tell a customer no, etc. At the end I was told I was moving forward and set a time for my final in person interview. I prepared a list of possible answers to questions since I am horrible at coming up with answers on the spot.
    The final interview was the most nervewrecking. It was a few more behavioral questions and then a listen and answer portion. I had to listen to real customer calls and review the Customer Specialist's responses. I didn't get any feedback and felt like I got the brush off when I was told I'd be contacted by a "rep" but I received a call from HR with an offer within the week. The 7 panel drug test had to be completed within 48 hours of the offer and the background check took about two weeks. They asked for a high school diploma which I didn't have but my transcripts sufficed. After that Verizon called to confirm that one issue had come up but I told them it could only be the one I had already told them about. the guy called me back a couple hours later to confirm I got the job.
    I will say at multiple times I thought I had failed or they weren't interested. It is a difficult process but worth it!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had difficulty with new technology. Name a time when you had to read between the lines of a customers needs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. You either accept or decline.