Verizon Wireless Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Wilmington, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Here's a simple timeline:

April 1: Applied online for the position.
April 6: Received an email stating they reviewed my resume and wanted me to set up a time for a phone interview within the next few days. Be sure to read the attachment (probably at the bottom of the email).
April 8: Had my first phone interview. Lasted about 30 minutes or so with STAR style interview questions. Pretty laid back. Invited to take an online assessment at home. It was 7 parts. Make sure you take your time but also keep in mind that some parts of the assessment are timed. It takes about an hour and a half to complete. Afterwards it'll tell you if you passed or failed.
April 9: Received another email inviting me to schedule a face to face interview with a supervisor from the area I'd be working in. READ THE EMAIL COMPLETELY!!!
April 21: Had my face to face interview with a supervisor at the actual call center. Make sure you take a copy of your resume with you! BUSINESS ATTIRE!!!
April 22: Final phone interview with Verizon HR. About the same as the first phone interview.
April 27: Received verbal job offer contingent of a background check and drug test over the phone. Within a few minutes, I received an email to make an A-Check account. A-Check is the company that does the background check. Also, you must take your drug test within 48 hours! If not, you'll be disqualified from the job.
April 29: Received an email from A-Check to upload a picture of my high school diploma for verification. Since I don't have it (my father has it), they accepted pictures of my high school transcript.
May 1: Received my OFFICIAL job offer with Verizon to start on May 26th.

It's a lengthy process but in the end, it's worth it!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Verizon?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary is set!

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Wilmington, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called by a person from workplace group telling me she saw my resume on one of the job websites and thought I would be a good match for a position with Verizon. I told her I was interested, she set me up with a phone interview a few days later with herself. I did the phone interview and she immediately told me she would like me to move onto do the assessment. She explained that the assessment for this position is online and once I received it I had 72 hours to complete it. She said this one a new way they were doing the assessment for this position. She said once I pass that then I will get invited for a face to face interview. I am currently waiting to take this online assessment. Fingers crossed that I move alone the Verizon hiring process!

Interview Questions

• What do you like & dislike about current job?, Why do I want to work for Verizon? What did I think about the credo that was emailed to me? Tell me a time when you had to deal with a change in the workplace and how did you handle that? Tell me about a problem that you had with a customer and what happened? What step do you use to analyze a problem ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charleston, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

Behavioral Type questions. I only had a phone interview that lasted about 45 min. I passed and move on to take an assessment; passed that but never got a called for face to face interview.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2013.

Interview

The call you to come do testing which i made up of questions and mock phone calls, try to get everything right the first time and try not to have calls repeated because it affects your score. If you pass the test they will have you wait for an interviewer, if you fail the test they will send you home without an interview. Interview is normal basic questions and resume overview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

The interview consisted of several behavioral questions that were to be answered in the STAR (Situation/Task Action Result) format. Questions ranged from "what do you like/dislike about your current job" to "tell me about a time you had to de-escalate an angry customer."

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was to describe my strengths and explain why I should be chosen to work at VZW.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary and benefit packages were not negotiable. Salary started at $26,000 per year, or $12.50 per hour. Health care plans and paid time off started immediately, however, no time could be used during training.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Dublin, OH) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online through the company website. Within three days I received an e-mail from an HR recruit asking if I was still interested to e-mail back with an available time/date to conduct a phone interview. The initial phone interview is basically a pre-screen: Do you have any convictions, what is your educational background, what is your work history, etc. Then the interviewer asks you detailed questions about the attachment from the confirmation e-mail for the phone interview. This is job specific questions (basically do you understand what you applied for) and the company motto. They want to make sure you can follow directions and have a solid understanding of the job itself and the company you may work for. A sneeky but effective approach to weed out the applicants. After 30 mins, the interviewer asked if I would be able to take a skills test the next day. The skills test is a generic computer program that skills your ability to listen, follow directions, and multitask. It's pretty simple! The person who gave the test will come in and let you know if you passed or not. If you passed you are told who will contact you to set up another phone interview. A week went by before the next HR person called. The second interview was more detailed and personality focused questions. The company followed the STAR method. I would say this was the most challenging part of the interview. I felt if you past this phase you would be offered the job. At the end of the interview the HR person told me she would like to schedule an in-person interview. Another person would call to set up the appointment within a week. She did tell me after the in-person interview a hiring decision would be made within 72 hours. A week later I was called to come to the center to interview with two supervisors. I interviewed on Thursday. The two supervisors asked the same questions as the phone interview. I felt it was a basic formality. They were looking to meet me in person and make sure I would "fit" before HR actually hired me. I was called on Monday and asked for a call back on Tuesday to go over my resume. On Tuesday, and after a detailed account of my resume, I was offered the position pending a background check and drug screen. My advice is to make sure all of your dates match up- they check 7 years of employment history and your highest level of education. They ask for driving records of 4years (speeding tickets, etc) and any criminal charges. They will find out if you lie-- they will also take back the offer. I was told this many times.

Interview Questions

• Please be specific and give a time where you dealt with change. What did you like and dislike about the change given?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary is set for everyone. I was told no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

There were a lot of situational type questions. It seemed like they were following the STAR interview method. The questions were similar to the following:

Explain a situation where (this happened), what was needed to investigation the issue, and how did you resolve it.

The entire interview process lasted for a couple of hours, and I met with more than one hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to work with an upset customer. Tell how you handled the situation, and the outcome of your interaction with the customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Franklin, TN) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview - 30 mins. Skills Test- 45 minutes. One on One interview with HR associate. Panel interview with 2 supervisors. Offer extended pending successfully passing background, credit and drug testing which took 5 days including the weekend. I was then called and told that I passed all of the phases and confirmed my start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and what did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to meet a sales goal? Did you achieve the goal and if so how did you do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they hire at a set wage for this position