Verizon Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2018
1,983 Interview Reviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Applied online (personality assessment type) and was contacted and instructed to attend a local hiring event that served as the standard HR interview. I was asked general personal attribute questions, situational assessments, etc. Afterwards I was contacted and set up an interview with the location's general manager. This consisted of more standard questions as they gauged my personality and interest in the position and company. A few days later I was contacted via phone with an offer and start date.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, SC) in February 2018.

Interview

Took online assessment.... had phone interview on feb1
    Had f2f on feb 7... received a call saying that everything went well and Should be hearing something back from him (recruiter). Now waiting to confirm the position and start date.....

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied sometime in December but began the process in January which started with an assessment that consisted of 7 parts. After the assessment you have to schedule a phone interview. They ask standard STAR format questions. This interview is helpful because they gave great tips for the next interview if you are to move forward. After the phone interview comes the face to face interview. Get ready for role play and selling an item in this interview. I waited 12 days got my offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL) in February 2018.

Interview

The job opened up on 1/24/18 I applied for the job 1/24/18. I passed the personality assessment that was apart of the application. I received an email on 1/29 to complete the 90 minute skill assessment. I passed the assessment and was sent an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was on 2/5. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. I passed the phone interview and scheduled to do a face to face interview on 2/14. Today is 2/22 and I am still waiting for a yes or no in result of my application process. Any advice on if I should still wait on an offer or consider other job opportunities I can't wait forever on Verizon

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you like and dislike about customer service   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

The phone interview was easy going and had your run of the mill interview questions, but the in person one was much tougher. It's all about how confident and positive you are and being perceived as money hungry by whoever is interviewing you. It was intimidating, but if you keep a positive attitude and are able to answer all the questions with confidence, you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

You first receive an email/phone to schedule a phone interview. Next you come in to take a skills test, if you pass you are invited back for a final interview. You want to make sure that you learn everything about VZW such as the purpose and goals of the company. You should be honest with whom you have worked for because VZW does investigate to make sure everything is honest.

Interview Questions

• You were read a script that is set up like a normal phone conversation. You were asked to sell the customer a new phone.   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I previously worked for a authorized Verizon retailer so I know the industry pretty well, but it went smooth applied for the job, next day got a email for the phone interview. The lady on the phone was super nice and polite. It lasted about an hour and a half for me she was asking me different questions about my resume and trying to get to know me better. Then she went into some role playing, I had to sell her a product which I had no issue doing being in the business before. Got told I was moving to the next step right away, which was a in person interview at the location I applied for with the store manager and the general manager, that only lasted about 20 mins they just wanted to meet face to face and ask me some basic questions. Got called the next day by the recruiter and got offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time that you had to adapt quickly to a changing situation.   Answer Question
    • Write “something” up on the board.   1 Answer

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY).

Interview

Challenging but fair. They want to see that you can talk to people and are capable of selling. I had 2 phone interviews before being asked to interview in person where I had to get past another 3 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your past where you faced a challenge at work and were able to turn it around?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

First online, than a skills test. Next an interview with a recruiter, which was really tough. It included a role play. Went to the store for an interview ans was ignored for 20 minutes. Interview was demeaning and condescending. Might have been an issue with age?

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Wilmington, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online through the Verizon website. About 2 weeks later I received an email from an HR recruiter who wanted to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. We discussed the company credo as well as my resume and skills. The recruiter then asked me several STAR format behavioral questions. Verizon really wants you to answer your questions in this format. At the end of the phone interview the recruiter said he wanted to set up a face to face interview with a department supervisor for the next week. The face to face interview was very similar to the phone interview in format. The supervisor asked several behavioral questions. He also went over my resume and skill set with me. At the end of the interview he said I would have a response within 5-10 days. I had an email from HR within 3 days asking to schedule a final phone interview. This was much more informal. The HR rep went over the dates of my previous employment as well as my highest degree completed. She then gave me a contingent offer! The Verizon offer is based on an extensive background check. If the information on your application or resume is incorrect they can rescind the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to calm down a customer. What did you do? How did it turn out?   Answer Question