Verizon Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2018
2,013 Interview Reviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, SC) in May 2018.

Interview

The process started with completing the application. April 28,2018 I competed the app. May 1, 2018 I was sent a link to complete the assessment about 1 hour after I completed the assessment I was sent an email to pick a time for a phone interview. My phone interview was May 3, 2018 we spent about 45 mins going over work experience and situational questions. (The “tell me about a time” questions) at the end of the interview I was told I had move on to a face to face but the recruiters didn’t have a schedule and would call me back with a date. I received a callback on May 7, 2018 and set up my interview for May 10, 2018 at the Elgin, SC location. I arrived 20 mins early and signed in and waited. The interview was two parts (situational and Role Play) my interviewer was great! On May, 14,2018 I was sent an email to set up a 15 call with HR. On May 21, 2018 i was offered the job with VZW!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Richland, SC) in May 2018.

Interview

It took 2 weeks to receive an online assessment. Then a week later I received a phone interview. Then a week later I had a face to face interview. The face to face was quick and I was asked to perform 3 scenarios using a reference sheet.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

I applied online, completed the 90 min assessment and was then set up for a phone interview. This interview was very informative and I was then set up for a face to face interview. Face to face involved role playing and situational type questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for a phone interview 2 days later. Had a phone screen that lasted about 20 minutes and then an in-person interview the next day. The in-person interview was with the general manager and sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Verizon?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, SC) in April 2018.

Interview

It was mostly based on technique and different situations.I was asked a lot of questions about sales and how I handle difficult situations that I had at my previous job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2018.

Interview

Submitted online application/completed customer service assessment same day in April 2018.
    5 days later received call/email from recruiter requesting phone interview which was then scheduled for two days later.
    On day of phone interview, recruiter sent me a text message asking if it was okay if she called about a half hour late due to a business meeting which ran over. I stated yes & she promptly called about 30 minutes after originally scheduled time. Recruiter asked questions about prior employment & explained details of the position (which were also emailed to me prior to phone interview, including salary, Verizon Credo & a YouTube video). At the end of the phone call the recruiter stated that she would like to schedule me for an in person interview with a hiring manager. In person one on one interview took place the following week. HM went over the position, training, etc & asked if I had any objections to any of the things she mentioned. She then explained promotional/bonus opportunities. Next she asked STAR type questions and then we role played. By the end of the interview, myself and the HM were laughing and talking as if we had already known each other. She then gave me a tour of the facility and said that they would be in touch soon. I received a phone call from the recruiter two days later offering me the job. I accepted & was sent an email requesting I log into the prehire portal to complete some new hire paperwork & consent to a background check. Recruiter called back less than a week later stating that my background check was complete & she will be in touch periodically until the job starts. I am scheduled to start working in a few short weeks. Both the recruiter and hiring manager were up beat and friendly. No negotiation regarding salary occurred.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to assist a customer who broke their mobile phone and is leaving for their honeymoon in one day?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Orangeburg, NY).

Interview

Fairly quick an overall assessment of using your skills in a day to day setting. Mostly they were a lot of situational question to see if you could handle the pressure of selling

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The process was thorough and enlightening. Duties and responsibilities were explained. The expectations were laid out on the table and it was comfortable with good dialogue. The hiring manager was extremely knowledgeable and made it easy to be one page.

Sr Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Lewisville, TX).

Interview

Behavioral questions. Responses need to include the situation, actions taken, and results achieved. Quantitative measures preferred. At least 4 questions and 1 hour time slot. Usually multiple rounds are required and multiple people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had conflict that couldn’t be resolved.   Answer Question

Wireless Network Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2018.

Interview

I had a negative interview experience. I applied online for an internship and received a video interview invitation via email the next day. There's no actual interviewer; the questions are shown and I had to record myself answering in one try. I was asked 7 questions, mostly behavioral, describing past experiences, and why I'm interested in this position.

I completed the interview on time. The email said they'd get back to me in a few days. One week passed and no response still, so I tried signing into my account to check my status. Apparently my email wasn't found in their system anymore, and I verified my account details several times. I emailed the recruiter and no response. Extremely rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Verizon?   Answer Question
    • How does this opportunity fit in with your overall career goals (long term/short term)?   Answer Question
    • What interests you in our Network Engineering internship and why are you a fit for this role?   Answer Question
    • Describe your relevant past experiences (course work, employment, projects, leadership experience, etc.) and how they will help you succeed in this opportunity.   Answer Question
    • Please share an example of a time when you worked in a group and everybody had new ideas to share, including you. How did you decide which idea was the best to implement and what was your role in that process?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you have kept up with innovative technology and programming.   Answer Question
    • What role types are you most interested in and why? Describe your knowledge of and experience in these role types.

-General Engineering