Verizon Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2018
2,074 Interview Reviews

Contract Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Bedminster, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was a 1:1 ☺. Personally, I prefer these style interviews oppose to a panel or group. The interviewer was kind, thorough and relaxed which allowed me to relax and be free with my responses. At times some interviewers can come off very, extremely conservative and rigid making that atmosphere a bit tense. This was not the case at all. The interview questions were comprised of past experiences and goal/career ojectives.

Interview Questions

• How did your previous positions prepare you for the job you're applying to?   1 Answer

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

Unprofessional. 4 candidates got sent down into a small meeting room, 3 interviewers came in late.
    We got assigned to 1 interviewer each, rotating after 30 minutes or so, with 1 candidate sitting in the room doing nothing. All interviewers went over their timeslot, pushing back the time we could leave by. Didnt even know what the position was because they didnt either, they were just filling in positions for a new office apparently. Some easy technical questions about CS. I told them I wasnt interested in just sitting down programming and not doing anything people-based. They were looking for exactly that, just a bunch of starting level salary programmers. Didnt get an offer (obviously, since I told them I wasn't interested in this) and am now turned off from verizon wireless even for future jobs that have a definitive career path. It just doesnt seem like a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Some obscure question about database stuff. It was a question about like a very specific shortcut you could use in some platform   1 Answer

Coordinator, Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL) in July 2008.

Interview

Starts off with basic phone interview and then with an assessment. The HR rep who did our assessment was awesome. The first face of verizon and he was pleasant. Then you have your one on one interview if you pass the assessment. If you pass the first interview to an the second, then more than likely you got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me about a time when you had to react quikcly or make a split second decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straight forward and professional. There is a pay scale for each position so they just lay out and you accept

Outside Plant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

The interview was a quick 30 minute interview conducted over the phone. After passing the first interview, another interview was conducted with the direct on location hiring manager by phone.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult type of person that you have had to deal with and how did you manage to work with them?   2 Answers

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Easy, not many questions. Great atmosphere. great boss. Not so temperamental and very easy going. Unfortunately the salary did not meet my expectations, and was not willing to compromise for the a low salary and long hours

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tacoma, WA) in September 2009.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was a lengthy and multi-step process including: online assessment, phone interview with HR, in-person interview with hiring manager, background and credit checks, and drug testing. The process took nearly 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard situational and behavior based questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Counter-offers were not accepted by the district manager.

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2009.

Interview

This was an internal interview , started with phone interview because it was an out of state interview, usually if your an internal candidate a get a phone interview it means there were alot of applicants and you did not meet the cut for a face to face. Then there was a face to face be sure to have a 30-60-90 detailed business plan and a couple of cpoies available for interview. Also its a good idea to get sales stats and operational audit score for store you are applying to. Make sure you know your numbers for your current store and the store your appliing to. Remember to do an immediate thank you letter and you will get the job most likely.

Interview Questions

• If you have a toolbox full of tools and were asked which 3 tools you would bring with you each day to work, what would it be?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rapid City, SD) in December 2009.

Interview

Extensive "behavioral" interview. They ask questions that require you to provide an example (of a time when...), what you did (or how you reacted), and the outcome. Prepare a lot of great examples of times when you overcame objections, dealt with difficult people, were given a project you were the 'leader' of, and the like. They absolutely do not want generalizations, like, "what I like to do when someone objects to a service I am offering is.." but rather, "I had a customer that said they did not want to spend any more money than what it was going to cost for x item..(example of a time..). I realized that I failed to provide a great enough value, and this gentleman happened to work at x company, and explained to him how much time it would save him to get this as well (what you did to overcome it), he decided to get it. I made the company a little bit more money and got more money toward my sales quota (the outcome)!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had difficulty with a coworker. What did you do in this situation, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time when you were the leader of a project with other people. What did you do and how did you manage your team? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. They give an annual raise based on your performance that is a pretty good percentage of your current salary. I did have an employee negotiate himself out of the 12 month probationary period for getting a promotion from Customer Service Rep to Sales Rep within the first 5 months of his working there and he was given the Sales Rep position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Birmingham, AL) in August 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the store manager for a phone interview. The interview lasted for an hour and it included gneral conversation followed with star questions. Advise to offer make sure you have the job desciption when during interview because you want to appear knowledable about the postion.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Mount Vernon, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was very professional and straight forward. They made me feel comfortable just by keeping it a little more casual as far as questioning goes. I was able to be myself. Therefore, It made the interview go much more smoothly for me. Over all a pretty painless process.