Verizon Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2018
2,044 Interview Reviews

Contract Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Bedminster, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was a 1:1 ☺. Personally, I prefer these style interviews oppose to a panel or group. The interviewer was kind, thorough and relaxed which allowed me to relax and be free with my responses. At times some interviewers can come off very, extremely conservative and rigid making that atmosphere a bit tense. This was not the case at all. The interview questions were comprised of past experiences and goal/career ojectives.

Interview Questions

• How did your previous positions prepare you for the job you're applying to?   1 Answer

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

Unprofessional. 4 candidates got sent down into a small meeting room, 3 interviewers came in late.
    We got assigned to 1 interviewer each, rotating after 30 minutes or so, with 1 candidate sitting in the room doing nothing. All interviewers went over their timeslot, pushing back the time we could leave by. Didnt even know what the position was because they didnt either, they were just filling in positions for a new office apparently. Some easy technical questions about CS. I told them I wasnt interested in just sitting down programming and not doing anything people-based. They were looking for exactly that, just a bunch of starting level salary programmers. Didnt get an offer (obviously, since I told them I wasn't interested in this) and am now turned off from verizon wireless even for future jobs that have a definitive career path. It just doesnt seem like a good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Some obscure question about database stuff. It was a question about like a very specific shortcut you could use in some platform   1 Answer

Coordinator, Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL) in July 2008.

Interview

Starts off with basic phone interview and then with an assessment. The HR rep who did our assessment was awesome. The first face of verizon and he was pleasant. Then you have your one on one interview if you pass the assessment. If you pass the first interview to an the second, then more than likely you got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me about a time when you had to react quikcly or make a split second decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straight forward and professional. There is a pay scale for each position so they just lay out and you accept

Outside Plant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

The interview was a quick 30 minute interview conducted over the phone. After passing the first interview, another interview was conducted with the direct on location hiring manager by phone.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult type of person that you have had to deal with and how did you manage to work with them?   2 Answers

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

2 phone interviews and one face 2 face so far. All asking about the questions. At least 2 more interviews to go including role play.

Interview Questions

• whats your greatest weakness   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tacoma, WA) in September 2009.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was a lengthy and multi-step process including: online assessment, phone interview with HR, in-person interview with hiring manager, background and credit checks, and drug testing. The process took nearly 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard situational and behavior based questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Counter-offers were not accepted by the district manager.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Been years since i interviewed however they will ask you to sell them a pen? about situations where you went above and beyond to help someone out? situations where you needed help and how you went about getting it? Why choose you for the job?

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

2-3 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Riverdale, UT) in June 2010.

Interview

Great! Was very behavioral based on questions, and decent company to work for, they were respectful, but cared about making sure they found the right person to fill the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Birmingham, AL) in August 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the store manager for a phone interview. The interview lasted for an hour and it included gneral conversation followed with star questions. Advise to offer make sure you have the job desciption when during interview because you want to appear knowledable about the postion.