Verizon Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rochester, NY).

Interview

The interview process was with a DM; who'd completed the utilizing standard interview packet. He asked generic behavioral style questions and really didn't deviate from the guide. He really had his mind made up on the candidate of choice, which is common when your at that level.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Providence, RI) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall Strange interview with little or no direction on what they wanted from me regarding reviewing of a customer service call and role-playing. The two giving the interview were cordial but not very welcoming. They pretty much stayed to the script of the interview process and didn't really dig deeper for more information unless it was ask of them on the scripted interview sheets they used. Arrived 1/2 hour early but was taken right away. Interview took 1 1/2 even though it was only suppose to take 1 hour. Started with listening to recording of customer service call and then asked what I thought about it. Rest of the interview was standard except for the role-play. Without being given any boundaries I was not sure if I was suppose to do everything I could for the customer or conduct myself per Verizon guidelines (which I had no idea what that was - scenario was an irate customer who had their installation rescheduled due to a snow storm but needed internet installation now due to the fact that he was having a football party the next day. He didn't want to listen to any explanation and wanted to speak to a supervisor - being cautious, I passed him off to the supervisor.....and that is how the interview ended.

Interview Questions

• What is a router?
      What is Wifi?
      What is a set top box?
      What are the steps you would take to solve a problem with a router that is not functioning correctly?
      What are the steps you would take to determine what the problem is with a computer that is not powering up?
      1 Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The woman was rude and spoke very low so trying to hear her was near impossible. Also every time I asked for her to repeat something (because she was speaking so low) she would huff and puff and then repeat.

Interview Questions

• Name 10 apps on your phone.   1 Answer

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on line. Three days later they sent me an assessment.It said it takes 90 minutes. It had behavioral type multiple choice questions. some multi task typing and listening skills activities.few other tests including ability to think and problem solving skills.But there were no questions about any devices.Four days later they sent me an e-mail to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter.Also they sent me three videos to watch and they mentioned recruiter will ask questions about the videos. I had the phone interview about five days later.(yesterday) Hope I will get another interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview questions.what would you do if your mobile phone is slow?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your phone does not open a window?   Answer Question
    • Ask couple of questions about the videos they sent.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Bloomington, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

After I applied for Verizon, i took the assessment and i passed it. The next day i got a phone call to set up a phone interview and they emailed me some youtube videos and guides (These are really important because they will ask you about them. Few days later i got a call from them and they asked me so many questions. It was a 30 min phone interview. First Tip, PRACTICE to know what the hell you are talking about. They will ask you a question and they expect a clear answer, so just make it brief and abridge your answer. Second, Know about the company and why you are interested in working with them. They have so many candidate, and make yourself special even if you don't have the skills, fake it until you make it, make them feel you are the one who will not just meet their goals but do more than they anticipated. Lastly, they will ask you at they end if you have any questions, even if you think you don't, you actually do. if you don't then they will think you are not interested in that position.

I will list the questions they asked me, but don't depend on them, look up other interview questions too.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about verizon? and Why verizon?   Answer Question
    • why do you think you will be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about technology? and what kind of devices do you use?   Answer Question
    • Questions about your resume, such as: talking about my education and current work history and experiences   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Folsom, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

the interviewer seemed like he does not interview too often and was distracted by his phone beeping often to the point of having to silence it...very quick and informal interview that took all of 15 mins

Interview Questions

• able to work early and stay late   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a few weeks later asking to record a video interview. There were five behavioral questions prompted and around two minutes allowed for each question. You could rerecord your response multiple times if needed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Despite having over 20 years of sales and sales management experience, not to mention the last 13 in the wireless industry, I could not pass the phone interview stage and have also applied to many in store sales positions and have never even received a phone interview. I would love to know how to get my foot in the door.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

I did a forty minute phone interview after completing the application and tests. I was then brought in for an interview on site with a different person. The phone interview was mainly about my experience and background with 2 or 3 behavioral questions at the end. The final interview was mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Role play - Sell the interviewer on the phone/tablet/device you use as if they were a customer.   Answer Question
    • What are your short term goals?   Answer Question
    • What are your long term goals?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in the call center as a Customer Service Representative?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a complex problem and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying online I quickly recieved an email to complete assessment. The assessment was thorough. I was soon invited to a lengthy phone interview including review of my resume, behavioral questions, review of role and company. Finally I was scheduled for a face to face interview that was similar to the phone interview but more intimidating. Two gentlemen type away at laptops while drilling you about your resume, ask more behavioral questions, role playing, reviewing role again! They cannot make eye contact with you while taking notes. The interviewers came off rude. They showed little empathy towards mothers in the workforce. I had a fantastic interview but they appeared bother by my investment into motherhood over my career in my past. I was not offered a position, though I walked out the interview understanding I would not work for this company. It appears they are seeking minions.

Interview Questions

• Using a specific scenario, how would you manage multiple talk that need to be completed within. A restricted time frame. How did you balance? Describe your desicison process. What were the results.   Answer Question