Verizon Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017
1,853 Interview Reviews

1,853 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Filled out the application online. Next step was a phone interview. Following the phone interview was an interview at the sales location with the store manager. Questions were basic background questions and situational/behavioral questions.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

The interview process was impressive and lengthy! I was interviewed by phone call, then brought in for an in person interview, then tested on practical skills for job role, drug tested, all references were contacted, then after 3 weeks I was finally hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you value in a workplace and how to you contribute to your work culture?   Answer Question

Product Open Innovation Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY).

Interview

I had 3 rounds of interview. All the interviews were behavioral.

First round was online video interview, where you record your answers for behavioral questions. Tell me about yourself, why verizon, what is innovation according to you, group vs individual.

For the second round; Hr called me for my background and asked questions about my work authorizations and availability of work

Third round was from the product team, he asked questions about my projects (mostly machine learning). He told me about the current project and availability. Did not ask anything technical; just from my resume at a deep level.

They reverted back to me after on and half month with a reject

Interview Questions

• Asked about machine learning projects why did you use that particular classifier?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rolling Meadows, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

There was the application, then the test 7parts about 90 mins, and then the phone interview , however even though I was scheduled I never received a call or a cancellation for my phone interview! I'm highly disappointed

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process is long and hard. I had to apply to verizon over 100x to get a phone interview. I applied on June 5 received an email for the assessment on June 8, passed the assessmen, got an email that I was selected for the preliminary interview(phone interview)on June 9th which took about 30 mins. I found out I passed the phone interview on June 14th. Had the F2F on June 20th which took about an hour and a half. Now I am awaiting to hear back from the recruiter/HR. The interview went well, I did not have any issues with the assessment. I think it was pretty easy. I hope I have the job.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about a time where I had to deal with an irate customer.
      He asked me to sell a product
      After the role play, he asked why I took that route and how did I feel?
      1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Union, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview started the day after I sent in the application for sales representative. It was a very straight forward phone interview, basic questions on why do you want to work here, how you benefit the company, and questions about previous jobs.
    I was then called in to have an in store interview which was basically the same questions as the phone interview. I was a little nervous at the start but once I began to talk about my experience in customer service working in a cafe and a restaurant it became much smoother conversation. They talked about key points of being able to talk to a customer and always be welcoming, something I talked about with my past experiences, and then talked about the moto of the company and what they stand for and how I can benefit and how they can benefit from me. very straight forward interview, just make sure to be as open as possible and have a peppy attitude.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a rude customer and how you dealt with the situation   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

They start normally with a phone interview to touch base and see if you are personable. In store interviews follow to get better acquainted and determine how focused you are for this position. Sales driven people are what they are looking for as this is a sales driven company.

Solutions Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

interview in front of a panel of managers and the district manager. they ask questions that are pointless and don't reveal much about the candidate because they've already chosen who they're going to hire. advancement process seems to be based on sales ability, not leadership qualities.

Interview Questions

• why should i listen to you with your sales numbers?   1 Answer

Retail Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

They are going to ask a lot of situational questions tell me about a time... be prepared and dress professional suit and tie or pant suit/professional dress. Show up early speak to the staff observe floor behaviors and ask questions before you interview not a bad idea to shop the store a week ahead of time

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irving, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job through a Verizon recruiter. First interview was regular HR interview. It involved question based on your resume and experience.

Second was technical telephonic screening. Basic questions revolve around my resume and basic java concepts like OOPs, Collection, Thread etc. Some questions asked on Frameworks. Honestly it was a easy technical interview.

Thirdly they invite me for face to face at their office. It is where i realized they just called you there for number game. They already decided in not hiring you.

In my whole interview process from HR till face to face, all people were Indians. In my face to face interview they asked me questions like how long you have been here in US, How you got your citizenship etc. Even though it was clearly mentioned, I am US citizen.

Can you imagine you went for final interview and someone ask you this kind of ridiculous questions! THERE WERE NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS ASKED. Later i learned that they recently opened many data centers in India and that's where they are doing development. I will suggest don't waste your time there, apply somewhere you and your experience is valued.

Interview Questions

• Basic core java questions on OOPs, Collection, Thread etc   Answer Question