Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Glassdoor Logo

Find jobs for Customer Service Representative, Call Center

3.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied, took assessment, email stating that I passed the assessment and to schedule an on the phone interview, interview next day with the same recruiter who sent out the emails, interview question were "why do you want to work for Verizon? " & " name a specific time and place where you had to solve a difficult problem"? (Be extremely specific do not speck about multiple difficult situations) confirmation of passing the interview at the end of phone call phone call took about 1 hr. , then I schedule a face to face interview with the same recruiter for 2 days later. Went 15 mins ahead of scheduled time to f2f interview. Wore a suit (woman) interviewed with a women (not sure her position) she was very nice she didn't make me feel like I was beneath her. She was honest about cons and pros about the position. The next day I received a phone call from another recruiter verifying everything on resume (just make sure dates are correct for everything and past employers) and was offered a contingent offer. I had to sign off to allow A-check to check my background etc. now I'm just waiting to insure the offer is solid. Hopefully all goes well and I didn't make and mistakes on date because I hear thats extremely important at Verizon wireless.

Interview Questions

• Role play questions , review resume , why do you want to work at this call center? How would you handle bitter moody coworkers?   Answer Question
  • Role play. Sale me something you own? (Electronic/ phone)   1 Answer
  • Why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Over the phone offered a contingent employment offer, benefits etc, Pay offered was really good so I did not negotiate it.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The worst job interview that I have ever had!! The interview was at their former call center in Irvine, California (call center closed as of May, 2014). The interview occurred several years ago. I did a phone interview/screening, and passed that. I was then invited to the call center to take a call center simulation test. The facility was in Irvine, CA so it was a generic looking cookie cutter business office like the rest of Irvine. There was a gym inside.

The test from what I recall was like a call center simulation, which required you to select the best customer service satisfaction answers. After the test, I was told to wait back in the lobby. The human resources rep came back, and told me that I had passed, and that she wanted to get me into a training group that was starting the following week. I thought, "Great I've got the job." Then she told me that I had to wait while she found a manager who would then interview me. I waited 15-minutes or so thinking that the interview was just a formality/rubber stamp.

The rep and the manager met me. As soon as she left he looked at my resume, and said, "Oh no. We aren't hiring you."

He takes me into a small conference room, and starts berating me. He tells me that I've had too many jobs. My response was that some of those jobs were part time ones that I had while an undergraduate student, and that some of the other ones were TEMP AGENCY jobs that I had after being laid off etc. That shut him up, but he continued. He asked why I was a fit for the company. I told him that I had customer service experience, leadership skills, a college degree, and that I wanted to earn a masters degree, which would benefit the company. He barked out, "We're not going to pay for that!" My response to him was, who said that VZW was going to pay for it? That shut him up again.

The WEIRDEST occurrence in the interview was when his pen stopped working. I had an extra BRAND NEW pen, and I offered to let him use it. He barks out, "No!" He then walks out of the room for about five minutes, and then returns back with a pen.

The manager was basically trying to instigate me to flip out on him. He was basically trying to get me super angry so he could end the interview. I stayed cool, which seemed to annoy him. Sometime after I got home, I contacted VZW HR, and told them about the interview, and that the manager was unprofessional etc. Their response was that I could reapply in six months. I had read on a now defunct job venting website that the managers at the VZW call centers disliked hiring people with degrees because they saw them as competition for possible job advancement. I totally believe that was the case because the interviewing manager was extremely hostile towards me for no apparent reason.

The interview was process was average (phone screen, call center simulation), but the manager who did the actual interview was basically a jerk. And NO, I did not reapply to VZW.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I was a good fit for the company/why should they hire me.   1 Answer
    • Stated that I had too many previous jobs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

You apply online. If you pass the initial application screening then someone will notify you about completing an assessment online. The assessment takes about 60-75 minutes to complete. It tests your data entry, listening, and competency ability. You're also asked "SD, D, N, A, SA" type questions during this assessment. If you pass the online assessment, someone then calls you for a phone interview. During this phone interview you are told more about the company. They ask why you want to be apart of Verizon, What do you like most about the information they send you prior to the phone interview, where do you see yourself in 5 years, and questions about how you deal with customers. If you make it past the phone interview, the final step is the face-to-face interview. I had one person interview me, but there could be two. In this interview you are asked more behavioral and open-ended questions. For example, describe a time when you had to solve a problem in a short period of time. You are also asked about your knowledge of Verizon Wireless products. You are also asked to sell a piece of technology. You also have to do 3 role plays where you act as if you are already a CSR. They will notify you within 5 business days after the 1:1 interview about whether or not you have a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to solve a problem in a short period of time. What was the situation, the action you took, and the results.   Answer Question
    • How do you multitask?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online on August, 31st. On September 9th I received and invitation via email for an open house hiring event for the next day. On the 10th I first had an initail interview with an HR representative which was basically going over my resume and experience and why I wanted to work for the company. The company is big on its credo so make sure you have reviewed it before your interview. After the interview the HR let me know I had moved on to the next step which was an online assessment taken on site the assemment was 7 sections and took about an hour and a half to complete. The assessment had different had excercises such as reading comprehension, testing your ability to multi task and how well you handle customer calls. After that assemment I was brought into the hall and told I had passed and was asked to schedule a f2f interview with a supervisor for the next day. The f2f interview consisted of going over why you would be a good fit for the company, role playing as if you had the position and we're taking real life calls related to verizon, also questions related to your person experiences with customers in your past jobs , and I had to "sell" the interviewer an item of my choice. The interviews weren't hard, but of course I was nervous. After that interview I was told I would be contacted by an HR in 5-7 business days . However, the next day I was sent an email requesting to have a "follow up call" . Once I recieved the call on 9/15 the HR reviewed my application again and then extended the job offer contingent that I pass a background screening and drug test. A rigorous process, but I believe it's well worth it !

Interview Questions

• What stood out to you about our credo?
      Why would you like to work for verizon?
      Name an instance when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating , there is a set salary for this position that is based on the area in which it is located. However they have very competitive pay and AMAZING BENEFITS !

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rancho Cordova, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a recruiter and set up a phone interview. They just ask you questions about previous employment and some STAR questions. I found this format to be super helpful because it helped me form my answer the way they want it. Passed the phone interview and they had me come in the next day for an assessment. It takes a little over an hour and there are questions that have you rate if you agree or disagree and likely or not likely, listening to calls and rating responses on a scale of poor to good, listening to and reading sentences and typing them the same way, then looking at a picture and looking at certain criteria to answer questions and lastly listening to phone calls and transferring them to the proper department and at the same time checking to see if numbers are the same or different. By far the most I have ever done in a job assessment. Passed the assessment now waiting to schedule a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Verizon?   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2014.

Interview

I had applied several times online with no contact until the last time which took a couple of weeks to receive an email for a phone interview. The email included days and times available for the interview for the following week which i chose Wednesday at noon (10/15). The phone interview went smoothly, it was about an hour and 30 mins long with basic questions about my job history, detailed information about the job available and progression available within the company, and a few questions about my job performance and the credo they sent me along with the email.

After that was finished I was told I passed and would get to move on to the next step which is the assessment test at the local call center for which i scheduled the following week on Monday at 2pm (10/20). The test is 7 parts about multitasking, typing and listening, and logic. After the test was completed, i stepped into the hall where i was told i passed and scheduled the in face interview for the following day at 4pm (10/21).

The interview had questions about why i wanted to work there, job experience relevent to this job, 2 STAR questions, and lots of roleplaying. The roleplaying was to sell a piece of technology i use on a daily basis, and some phones/plans information that was provided during the interview. The interview was about an hour long and went great. The gentleman interviewing me was very friendly and nice and at the end of the interview told me i was exactly what they were looking for in a candidate and that I did great. He told me to expect a phone call within 7 to 10 business days to tell me if i was going to get the job offer.

Right now im waiting for the phone call but i expect to hear good news.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a specific time when you handled an unusual problem with a customer and how it went.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

A very long process, it took me over 3 months to even hear anything back. Started off with a phone interview, then assessment text, then face to face interview. Everyone was really nice but became rude when i tried to find out my post interview status. Very hard to get in touch with someone to ask questions.

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview lasted 30 mins. She went over my resume. Gave me job description. Asked why I wanted job. Asked opinion of credo and job description video, link was sent upon interview scheduling. Asked 3 behavioral questions, have to use star format. Told I passed to next interview level, assessment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when u had to work under deadline? Describe a time when u had to multitask? Describe a time when you had to apply something you learned to work environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

Well, I applied around May 28th and heard back from the recruiter on June 2nd. I was then offered to do the online assessment but you only get 72 hours to complete and it doesn't work with MAC products and I was on vacation and only had a Mac available. I emailed the recruiter about extending my assessment and he never answered me. However, the assessment wasn't closed so I completed it anyway. I didn't hear anything back until July 7th, when I was invited to do the phone interview. That lasted about 25-30 minutes for me. BE SURE TO READ THE CREDO. my interviewer was really nice and personable and made the experience a lot better. He then told me I had passed this interview and was moving on to the face to face interview and gave me some tips to prepare. Be ready to sell a Verizon item, practice at least 5 common behavioral based interview questions and be prepared to do some role play scenarios and also be familiar with the STAR format. My face to face interview was Wednesday the 22nd. It took about 3 weeks to hear back but I was offered the job and accepted a contingent job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Verizon?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Seems like the process took forever. I got an email to schedule a phone interview. I had the phone interview and about 5 days letter I got an email letting me know that they found that there were other candidates that fit the description of what they wanted and encouraged me to apply again.