Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied, took assessment, email stating that I passed the assessment and to schedule an on the phone interview, interview next day with the same recruiter who sent out the emails, interview question were "why do you want to work for Verizon? " & " name a specific time and place where you had to solve a difficult problem"? (Be extremely specific do not speck about multiple difficult situations) confirmation of passing the interview at the end of phone call phone call took about 1 hr. , then I schedule a face to face interview with the same recruiter for 2 days later. Went 15 mins ahead of scheduled time to f2f interview. Wore a suit (woman) interviewed with a women (not sure her position) she was very nice she didn't make me feel like I was beneath her. She was honest about cons and pros about the position. The next day I received a phone call from another recruiter verifying everything on resume (just make sure dates are correct for everything and past employers) and was offered a contingent offer. I had to sign off to allow A-check to check my background etc. now I'm just waiting to insure the offer is solid. Hopefully all goes well and I didn't make and mistakes on date because I hear thats extremely important at Verizon wireless.

Interview Questions

• Role play questions , review resume , why do you want to work at this call center? How would you handle bitter moody coworkers?   Answer Question
  • Role play. Sale me something you own? (Electronic/ phone)   1 Answer
  • Why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Over the phone offered a contingent employment offer, benefits etc, Pay offered was really good so I did not negotiate it.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on line. Three days later they sent me an assessment.It said it takes 90 minutes. It had behavioral type multiple choice questions. some multi task typing and listening skills activities.few other tests including ability to think and problem solving skills.But there were no questions about any devices.Four days later they sent me an e-mail to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter.Also they sent me three videos to watch and they mentioned recruiter will ask questions about the videos. I had the phone interview about five days later.(yesterday) Hope I will get another interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview questions.what would you do if your mobile phone is slow?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your phone does not open a window?   Answer Question
    • Ask couple of questions about the videos they sent.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative - Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chandler, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

1/13 Applied online.
    1/14 Received an email for the next step which was an online assessment. (you have so many days to complete) I did mine on 1/15 7 step process. Took you through scenarios of how to handle calls. Listen to numbers while entering them in system, listen to customer and answer needs based on multi choice. Hardest part was a multi task section where you had to get the customer to the correct representative, sales, tech support..etc while also verifying a series of matching numbers.
    1/15 Received an email for the next step asked for more information about application. Verify address etc. (assumed that the online assessment was successful)
    1/16 Received first phone call to schedule a phone interview. They email you a confirmation of time and date along with information about how to handle the phone interview. Very useful.
    1/17 phone interview. Asked about your background and gave you information about Verizon and the position. If everything goes well they will schedule an in person interview. Mine was for the next day
    1/18 in person interview. Bring ID for security. Interviewer sets up on an Ipad and is very honest about not being able to make eye contact as they are inserting your answers for the data base. Ask basic questions and then put you through role play. You answer the call they give their name and the problem and you help them out. You have a cheat card to use. After the role play the interviewer asks what your reasoning was behind what you said why you said it and your overall outcome. They give you heads up for a better role play the next time. I had pen and paper and asked if I could take notes. Jotted down name and brief notes on the issue so I could reference them when speaking back. Interviewer seemed impressed. You do 3 role plays. If interview is successful you get a tour of the facility. Once interview is complete you are allowed time to ask questions. After everything they tell you you will hear back in 3-5 business days.
    1/26 received call for job offer. Only downfall on this was that after 5 business days I didn't hear back so I called the recruiter and they didn't receive my in person feedback. The interviewer was off and so we had to wait a few days for reply. (hence the 1/26 date for job offer) Accepted the Job and training starts 2/26

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you had to deal with an upset customer over the phone. What happened? Be Specific and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then was invited to complete an online assessment the next morning. That same evening I was contacted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour and consisted of background questions and two or three behavioral questions. I was notified then that I passed the first phone interview. Being that I live several hours away from the city in which I applied, they told me I didn't have to drive that far so they scheduled me for a second phone interview. It consisted of five behavioral questions and four role play scenarios. I received some good feedback on the interview. I was told that I would know if I got the job within 1-3 days. Two days later I received a phone call extending me a job offer and to verify my past employment so they could run my background check. It is very in depth, so make sure you list exact dates of employment. The background check took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself within the company in 3-5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The worst job interview that I have ever had!! The interview was at their former call center in Irvine, California (call center closed as of May, 2014). The interview occurred several years ago. I did a phone interview/screening, and passed that. I was then invited to the call center to take a call center simulation test. The facility was in Irvine, CA so it was a generic looking cookie cutter business office like the rest of Irvine. There was a gym inside.

The test from what I recall was like a call center simulation, which required you to select the best customer service satisfaction answers. After the test, I was told to wait back in the lobby. The human resources rep came back, and told me that I had passed, and that she wanted to get me into a training group that was starting the following week. I thought, "Great I've got the job." Then she told me that I had to wait while she found a manager who would then interview me. I waited 15-minutes or so thinking that the interview was just a formality/rubber stamp.

The rep and the manager met me. As soon as she left he looked at my resume, and said, "Oh no. We aren't hiring you."

He takes me into a small conference room, and starts berating me. He tells me that I've had too many jobs. My response was that some of those jobs were part time ones that I had while an undergraduate student, and that some of the other ones were TEMP AGENCY jobs that I had after being laid off etc. That shut him up, but he continued. He asked why I was a fit for the company. I told him that I had customer service experience, leadership skills, a college degree, and that I wanted to earn a masters degree, which would benefit the company. He barked out, "We're not going to pay for that!" My response to him was, who said that VZW was going to pay for it? That shut him up again.

The WEIRDEST occurrence in the interview was when his pen stopped working. I had an extra BRAND NEW pen, and I offered to let him use it. He barks out, "No!" He then walks out of the room for about five minutes, and then returns back with a pen.

The manager was basically trying to instigate me to flip out on him. He was basically trying to get me super angry so he could end the interview. I stayed cool, which seemed to annoy him. Sometime after I got home, I contacted VZW HR, and told them about the interview, and that the manager was unprofessional etc. Their response was that I could reapply in six months. I had read on a now defunct job venting website that the managers at the VZW call centers disliked hiring people with degrees because they saw them as competition for possible job advancement. I totally believe that was the case because the interviewing manager was extremely hostile towards me for no apparent reason.

The interview was process was average (phone screen, call center simulation), but the manager who did the actual interview was basically a jerk. And NO, I did not reapply to VZW.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I was a good fit for the company/why should they hire me.   1 Answer
    • Stated that I had too many previous jobs.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

took about 2 weeks to hear anything from Verizon. Was sent and email notification to take a test for qualification. Test was very in depth and took about an hour and ten minutes. Once I completed the test I waited about 4 days To get results back. When I found out I passed the email stated they would like to have a phone interview and you had to schedule it yourself through a link. The email also included information about the job, Verizon, benefits, pay, and when you'd start, all things you had to review for the phone interview. Had the phone interview and while it was pleasant and the questions were relatively easy I turned down the position. They were not willing to match my current rate of pay and I was not about to take a 7 thousand dollar pay cut. She was quite firm that the pay could not be matched. You would think for a multi billion dollar company that for a good employee they would accept. The pay they rated me was with my current experience and bachelors degree. What a joke.

Interview Questions

Would not match my current pay. Did not take into consideration I would be commuting much further. Just said it's an entry level position and they had already added my experience in what they thought was enough

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

You apply online. If you pass the initial application screening then someone will notify you about completing an assessment online. The assessment takes about 60-75 minutes to complete. It tests your data entry, listening, and competency ability. You're also asked "SD, D, N, A, SA" type questions during this assessment. If you pass the online assessment, someone then calls you for a phone interview. During this phone interview you are told more about the company. They ask why you want to be apart of Verizon, What do you like most about the information they send you prior to the phone interview, where do you see yourself in 5 years, and questions about how you deal with customers. If you make it past the phone interview, the final step is the face-to-face interview. I had one person interview me, but there could be two. In this interview you are asked more behavioral and open-ended questions. For example, describe a time when you had to solve a problem in a short period of time. You are also asked about your knowledge of Verizon Wireless products. You are also asked to sell a piece of technology. You also have to do 3 role plays where you act as if you are already a CSR. They will notify you within 5 business days after the 1:1 interview about whether or not you have a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to solve a problem in a short period of time. What was the situation, the action you took, and the results.   Answer Question
    • How do you multitask?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Seems like the process took forever. I got an email to schedule a phone interview. I had the phone interview and about 5 days letter I got an email letting me know that they found that there were other candidates that fit the description of what they wanted and encouraged me to apply again.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Sacramento, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Filled out the application online and took an hour long assessment after submitting the application. I received an email about a week or two later and they wanted me to take another assessment test online. Once I completed the assessment online, I submitted it and the following day I received a text from HR. HR sent a text telling me to call them at a specific number to set up a phone interview. I set that up and the following day I had the phone interview. The phone interview was basic and I was told at the end of the interview that they were putting me through to the next round of interviews. I setup an appointment for an in-person interview. I had the interview at their call center and it went well. They said it could be up to 3 weeks till I hear back. On the following monday (I had the interview a week earlier) they called me and offered me a job.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

Well, I applied around May 28th and heard back from the recruiter on June 2nd. I was then offered to do the online assessment but you only get 72 hours to complete and it doesn't work with MAC products and I was on vacation and only had a Mac available. I emailed the recruiter about extending my assessment and he never answered me. However, the assessment wasn't closed so I completed it anyway. I didn't hear anything back until July 7th, when I was invited to do the phone interview. That lasted about 25-30 minutes for me. BE SURE TO READ THE CREDO. my interviewer was really nice and personable and made the experience a lot better. He then told me I had passed this interview and was moving on to the face to face interview and gave me some tips to prepare. Be ready to sell a Verizon item, practice at least 5 common behavioral based interview questions and be prepared to do some role play scenarios and also be familiar with the STAR format. My face to face interview was Wednesday the 22nd. It took about 3 weeks to hear back but I was offered the job and accepted a contingent job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Verizon?   1 Answer