Verizon Wireless Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

3.1

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

They start normally with a phone interview to touch base and see if you are personable. In store interviews follow to get better acquainted and determine how focused you are for this position. Sales driven people are what they are looking for as this is a sales driven company.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email to do an assessment, then got another email for a phone screen. The lady I spoke with was very rude; I assumed because I change the time of the interview to another day because she was LATE calling and that sort of irritated her that's why she maybe had an attitude. Honestly, I was expecting an attitude when I saw her first name, but I try not to make premature judgements. Nevertheless, she was very nasty when I told her why I changed the time. From there on that pretty much set the tone for the interview. She did not seem very enthusiastic, but I tried to keep a very positive attitude throughout the interview, but I could already tell I would not be moving forward through the next phase. Even at the end when I asked her questions she only gave one-word responses and hung up very quickly.

Interview Questions

• what you like most and least about working for Verizon?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, IL).

Interview

Fairly easy: Over the phone interview, invited in for a face-to-face interview that included an assessment test. The assessment test was out of the box, pretty much testing your skills for multitasking. There was also a typing test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with challenging customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

3 part interview process. My 1st part was by phone, 2nd and 3rd we in office. 3rd also involved a hands on test with a mock call to see how quickly and accurately we could input given information

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Process was fairly simple. Filled out an application online, received an email two days later about completing an online assessment. The assessment consisted of seven parts and took me an hour to complete. The next day, I received an email stating I passed the assessment and the next step was to schedule a phone interview.

Phone interview- took 45 mins . Basically went over my resume, job history and answered some behavioral questions. Recruiter over the phone was very pleasant and easy going. He informed me after the phone interview that someone would be in touch within three to five business days. Two days later I got a call to set up a face to face interview.

Face to face interview- was just myself and a member from Human Resource. This interview took an hour, where we basically went over my resume, I was asked behavioral questions, had to "sell" and item and three role play scenarios. Was told I would receive a call the following week. I got a call with a job offer THAT SAME EVENING! Gladly accepted--waiting on background check now.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with an angry customer at work and what was the solution?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had a difficult task to complete at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay rate I was offered was excellent so there was no negotiation needed.

Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied, took assessment, email stating that I passed the assessment and to schedule an on the phone interview, interview next day with the same recruiter who sent out the emails, interview question were "why do you want to work for Verizon? " & " name a specific time and place where you had to solve a difficult problem"? (Be extremely specific do not speck about multiple difficult situations) confirmation of passing the interview at the end of phone call phone call took about 1 hr. , then I schedule a face to face interview with the same recruiter for 2 days later. Went 15 mins ahead of scheduled time to f2f interview. Wore a suit (woman) interviewed with a women (not sure her position) she was very nice she didn't make me feel like I was beneath her. She was honest about cons and pros about the position. The next day I received a phone call from another recruiter verifying everything on resume (just make sure dates are correct for everything and past employers) and was offered a contingent offer. I had to sign off to allow A-check to check my background etc. now I'm just waiting to insure the offer is solid. Hopefully all goes well and I didn't make and mistakes on date because I hear thats extremely important at Verizon wireless.

Interview Questions

• Role play questions , review resume , why do you want to work at this call center? How would you handle bitter moody coworkers?   Answer Question
    • Role play. Sale me something you own? (Electronic/ phone)   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Over the phone offered a contingent employment offer, benefits etc, Pay offered was really good so I did not negotiate it.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

After the application the initial application, the next step was to complete an online assessment. The assessment was pretty basic. Once that was complete I received an email saying that I would be moving on to the next step which was the phone interview. The phone interview was pretty general. Mostly behavioral and integrity checks. At the end of the phone interview it was confirmed that I would be moving on the the next step, which is the face to face interview, and that someone would call to schedule. The face to face interview was pretty laid back, but you are expected to show that you can carry yourself in a professional manner. There were some of the basic questions at first. Afterwards we got into role playing. I had to sell an item and then take a few "calls." This is the part that had me a little nervous, I would suggest that you practice some rolls just so you're prepared. After the interview I was told that I would be hearing back something within the next weeks. The next communication was to confirm my job history, which is expected to be extremely accurate for background check. After I confirmed that everything was correct I received an offer contingent on the background check.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rolling Meadows, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online a day later I received an email telling me to take an assessment. The assessment takes like 45 minutes, they have you type, personality questions, and direct calls to the right department. That same day I was sent an email to schedule a phone interview, I scheduled my phone interview for 1/23. The phone interview took about 30 minutes she just asked basic interview questions and went over my resume, at the end of the interview she informed me I would be getting a call to schedule a face to face interview. That same night around 5:00 p.m. I received a call to schedule the in person interview for 1/30. The face to face interview was kind of hard they just asked you basic interview questions similar to the phone interview, and you have to do some role playing. The interviewer is typing the whole time and rarely looks up just to ask another question. She pretends to be 3 different customers and you are the customer service rep, one is a angry customer, one is you selling a device you are familiar with ( I would research your phone that way you can use that device as a selling point). The third question they give you a paper with some material one it and you chose whats the best phone for the customer. After the interview she asked if I had any questions and sent me on my way. 2/2 I received a text message asking if I was available the following day to go over my resume again, they do a very detailed background check and just want to make sure the dates are correct. After she went over my resume she informed me that I had a contingent offer and my start date. Now I am waiting on my background check to come back. Hope this helps!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you learn something new, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2017.

Interview

About a week after I sent an application, I was scheduled for a phone interview that lasted an hour. I then was scheduled for a regular interview. I received an email 2 days later saying I didn't get the job.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewing process is loooooong. Expect for it to take anything from 3-5 weeks. In my experience, I had a phone interview in which we addresses a few cliche points like, Why Verizon? What can I contribute to the company? etc. Towards the end on the interview he told me that I was a suitable candidate and scheduled me for a second Interview (f2f) The second Interview consisted of two parts. The first part was very much alike to the phone interview(make sure you memorize the CREDO) here is where he told me that he would like to move forward to the second part of the interview (he noted that if I wasn't a good candidate he would've ended the interview after the first half) The second half consisted of a bit of role play, so make sure to practice a little before hand. Finally, a few weeks went by and suddenly I got a call with a job offer and the background check started.