Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

343 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Cranberry, PA).

Interview

They are looking for energized positive people.
     How well do you take direction and criticism?
     Describe a time where you dealt with and impossible timeline, customer or situation and how did you over come that and what was the outcome.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out of the crowd   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Was interviewed 12 years ago so I know the interview process has changed slightly. I met with the current district manager and HR rep at the time of my interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rolling Meadows, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

There was the application, then the test 7parts about 90 mins, and then the phone interview , however even though I was scheduled I never received a call or a cancellation for my phone interview! I'm highly disappointed

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, IL).

Interview

Fairly easy: Over the phone interview, invited in for a face-to-face interview that included an assessment test. The assessment test was out of the box, pretty much testing your skills for multitasking. There was also a typing test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with challenging customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

3 part interview process. My 1st part was by phone, 2nd and 3rd we in office. 3rd also involved a hands on test with a mock call to see how quickly and accurately we could input given information

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

After the application the initial application, the next step was to complete an online assessment. The assessment was pretty basic. Once that was complete I received an email saying that I would be moving on to the next step which was the phone interview. The phone interview was pretty general. Mostly behavioral and integrity checks. At the end of the phone interview it was confirmed that I would be moving on the the next step, which is the face to face interview, and that someone would call to schedule. The face to face interview was pretty laid back, but you are expected to show that you can carry yourself in a professional manner. There were some of the basic questions at first. Afterwards we got into role playing. I had to sell an item and then take a few "calls." This is the part that had me a little nervous, I would suggest that you practice some rolls just so you're prepared. After the interview I was told that I would be hearing back something within the next weeks. The next communication was to confirm my job history, which is expected to be extremely accurate for background check. After I confirmed that everything was correct I received an offer contingent on the background check.

Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied, took assessment, email stating that I passed the assessment and to schedule an on the phone interview, interview next day with the same recruiter who sent out the emails, interview question were "why do you want to work for Verizon? " & " name a specific time and place where you had to solve a difficult problem"? (Be extremely specific do not speck about multiple difficult situations) confirmation of passing the interview at the end of phone call phone call took about 1 hr. , then I schedule a face to face interview with the same recruiter for 2 days later. Went 15 mins ahead of scheduled time to f2f interview. Wore a suit (woman) interviewed with a women (not sure her position) she was very nice she didn't make me feel like I was beneath her. She was honest about cons and pros about the position. The next day I received a phone call from another recruiter verifying everything on resume (just make sure dates are correct for everything and past employers) and was offered a contingent offer. I had to sign off to allow A-check to check my background etc. now I'm just waiting to insure the offer is solid. Hopefully all goes well and I didn't make and mistakes on date because I hear thats extremely important at Verizon wireless.

Interview Questions

• Role play questions , review resume , why do you want to work at this call center? How would you handle bitter moody coworkers?   Answer Question
    • Role play. Sale me something you own? (Electronic/ phone)   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Over the phone offered a contingent employment offer, benefits etc, Pay offered was really good so I did not negotiate it.

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Process was fairly simple. Filled out an application online, received an email two days later about completing an online assessment. The assessment consisted of seven parts and took me an hour to complete. The next day, I received an email stating I passed the assessment and the next step was to schedule a phone interview.

Phone interview- took 45 mins . Basically went over my resume, job history and answered some behavioral questions. Recruiter over the phone was very pleasant and easy going. He informed me after the phone interview that someone would be in touch within three to five business days. Two days later I got a call to set up a face to face interview.

Face to face interview- was just myself and a member from Human Resource. This interview took an hour, where we basically went over my resume, I was asked behavioral questions, had to "sell" and item and three role play scenarios. Was told I would receive a call the following week. I got a call with a job offer THAT SAME EVENING! Gladly accepted--waiting on background check now.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with an angry customer at work and what was the solution?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had a difficult task to complete at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay rate I was offered was excellent so there was no negotiation needed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2017.

Interview

About a week after I sent an application, I was scheduled for a phone interview that lasted an hour. I then was scheduled for a regular interview. I received an email 2 days later saying I didn't get the job.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewing process is loooooong. Expect for it to take anything from 3-5 weeks. In my experience, I had a phone interview in which we addresses a few cliche points like, Why Verizon? What can I contribute to the company? etc. Towards the end on the interview he told me that I was a suitable candidate and scheduled me for a second Interview (f2f) The second Interview consisted of two parts. The first part was very much alike to the phone interview(make sure you memorize the CREDO) here is where he told me that he would like to move forward to the second part of the interview (he noted that if I wasn't a good candidate he would've ended the interview after the first half) The second half consisted of a bit of role play, so make sure to practice a little before hand. Finally, a few weeks went by and suddenly I got a call with a job offer and the background check started.