Verizon Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017
1,771 Interview Reviews

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Fontana, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

i had a vp and current store manager interview me, and they were both nice, and welcoming. they stated what needed to be done and what to avoid and asked if i had any questions

Interview Questions

• how well do you work with strangers   1 Answer

Tech Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Show up for a skills test to test your knowledge and your ability to multitask. Followed up with a phone interview. Background check, which is very thorough and an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Listen to a portion of the call. Based on what you heard where do you think the problem was?   1 Answer

Tech Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rancho Cordova, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

5 star format there where several questions in the 5 star format which was some times difficult to answer in the format that they wanted they repeated the same question in several different ways

Interview Questions

Interview

Linux administration questions and STAR questions. Interview was on phone and then onsite.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Billings, MT) in June 2015.

Interview

The recruiter encouraged me to apply online. However, the recruiter was based out of Denver, CO, and could barely speak English, which raised a big red flag for me. Verizon are a bunch of idiots. You people need recruiters who can speak fluent English. Hiring illegals shows your lack of intelligence. Furthermore, I dropped your service. Verizon is very lousy.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

First is the phone interview, then you come in to talk to HR and a manager. Make sure you tell them if you speak another language because you get $47 extra on the pay check if they check the "second language" option on the interview, well at least here in NY. People are very nice, HR is always nice so you dont know what they really mean. Managers are more realistic with you.

Interview Questions

• for sales they give you a story of a guy who come in to buy and ask you to sell him the phones and plans. They do give you time to look at the phones and Verizon plans. But you should do that before coming in. For operation work they ask your background with customer service and technology.
      But i was already with Verizon as operations before applying for sales so i new the plans, phones and how to sell what they want.
      1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flanders, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Flanders, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was simple. I was asked about my background, sales experience (which I didn't have), my goals in life, and whether I would be comfortable cold-calling. To end the interview, he had me sell him a marker he had on his desk.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Friday and was invited to do my testing on Monday. I passed my test and was invited on Tuesday to schedule a phone interview. I had my phone interview on Wednesday and was invited to a face to face interview on that Friday. I got my contingent job offer a week later pending a background check and I just started this week, a week after my offer. Be confident, patient and smile!

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rolling Meadows, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online a day later I received an email telling me to take an assessment. The assessment takes like 45 minutes, they have you type, personality questions, and direct calls to the right department. That same day I was sent an email to schedule a phone interview, I scheduled my phone interview for 1/23. The phone interview took about 30 minutes she just asked basic interview questions and went over my resume, at the end of the interview she informed me I would be getting a call to schedule a face to face interview. That same night around 5:00 p.m. I received a call to schedule the in person interview for 1/30. The face to face interview was kind of hard they just asked you basic interview questions similar to the phone interview, and you have to do some role playing. The interviewer is typing the whole time and rarely looks up just to ask another question. She pretends to be 3 different customers and you are the customer service rep, one is a angry customer, one is you selling a device you are familiar with ( I would research your phone that way you can use that device as a selling point). The third question they give you a paper with some material one it and you chose whats the best phone for the customer. After the interview she asked if I had any questions and sent me on my way. 2/2 I received a text message asking if I was available the following day to go over my resume again, they do a very detailed background check and just want to make sure the dates are correct. After she went over my resume she informed me that I had a contingent offer and my start date. Now I am waiting on my background check to come back. Hope this helps!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you learn something new, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Albany, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

You go through a personality quiz, an in person interiew with a store manager who then hands their review off to a hiring Human Resource Coordinator, there are about 2 to 3 phones interviews in one of which you role play and do situational Q&A

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a customer who is irate from a previous situation, having an issue with their bill and has had to make multiple phone calls and trips to the store?   Answer Question