Verizon Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017
1,870 Interview Reviews

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elgin, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process is long and hard. I had to apply to verizon over 100x to get a phone interview. I applied on June 5 received an email for the assessment on June 8, passed the assessmen, got an email that I was selected for the preliminary interview(phone interview)on June 9th which took about 30 mins. I found out I passed the phone interview on June 14th. Had the F2F on June 20th which took about an hour and a half. Now I am awaiting to hear back from the recruiter/HR. The interview went well, I did not have any issues with the assessment. I think it was pretty easy. I hope I have the job.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about a time where I had to deal with an irate customer.
      He asked me to sell a product
      After the role play, he asked why I took that route and how did I feel?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Union, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview started the day after I sent in the application for sales representative. It was a very straight forward phone interview, basic questions on why do you want to work here, how you benefit the company, and questions about previous jobs.
    I was then called in to have an in store interview which was basically the same questions as the phone interview. I was a little nervous at the start but once I began to talk about my experience in customer service working in a cafe and a restaurant it became much smoother conversation. They talked about key points of being able to talk to a customer and always be welcoming, something I talked about with my past experiences, and then talked about the moto of the company and what they stand for and how I can benefit and how they can benefit from me. very straight forward interview, just make sure to be as open as possible and have a peppy attitude.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a rude customer and how you dealt with the situation   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Basking Ridge, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

STARS Questions. To get promoted now within this company you need to know higher ups. Friends of higher ups are the ones who get hired. Disappointing to say the least

Solutions Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

interview in front of a panel of managers and the district manager. they ask questions that are pointless and don't reveal much about the candidate because they've already chosen who they're going to hire. advancement process seems to be based on sales ability, not leadership qualities.

Interview Questions

• why should i listen to you with your sales numbers?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

They start normally with a phone interview to touch base and see if you are personable. In store interviews follow to get better acquainted and determine how focused you are for this position. Sales driven people are what they are looking for as this is a sales driven company.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irving, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job through a Verizon recruiter. First interview was regular HR interview. It involved question based on your resume and experience.

Second was technical telephonic screening. Basic questions revolve around my resume and basic java concepts like OOPs, Collection, Thread etc. Some questions asked on Frameworks. Honestly it was a easy technical interview.

Thirdly they invite me for face to face at their office. It is where i realized they just called you there for number game. They already decided in not hiring you.

In my whole interview process from HR till face to face, all people were Indians. In my face to face interview they asked me questions like how long you have been here in US, How you got your citizenship etc. Even though it was clearly mentioned, I am US citizen.

Can you imagine you went for final interview and someone ask you this kind of ridiculous questions! THERE WERE NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS ASKED. Later i learned that they recently opened many data centers in India and that's where they are doing development. I will suggest don't waste your time there, apply somewhere you and your experience is valued.

Interview Questions

• Basic core java questions on OOPs, Collection, Thread etc   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irving, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Assessment test comes via email with a deadline to complete. It is online and is strictly Mickey Mouse for 90 minutes of call center scenarios, comparing numbers and letters, typing speed, and finding patterns in grids, and ethics questions. It is designed for a five year old and annoying. Obviously an entry level job. If you get called for a follow-up interview if you don't pick up on the first ring they will not return your voice mails or emails, too many people have already applied for the job. Essentially you wasted 90 minutes of your life with this dinosaur company. They have no respect for the candidate. You can tell this is a high turnover job the way people are treated.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Was a pre recorded video interview, where you record yourself answering several questions.
    This was my second time, so I thought I would do better to pass on to the next round, but I guess I was still lacking something.

Interview Questions

• I'm not sure if I was allowed to share (some electronic NDA?), so I will just leave advice: Just know everything about about yourself and obviously research about the company.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

targeted questions looking for very specific answers and details around the actions you took and the results of those actions. be very detailed in the STAR format. the situation or task, action taken and results of your actions. detail the why behind the actions you took to relay your thought process

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you coached substandard performance.   1 Answer

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Remote, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

Start with phone interviews, then interviews in person, Asked basic questions and then asked to explain some of projects that were worked on. Last I was asked to come up with examples for the solutions to different problems.