Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Very long; up to 2 hours; must know how to role play and sell a device. Sound upbeat and energetic over the phone. Dress professional when in person. Ask questions about the company and do your research.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to do a presentation. What made it successful?   Answer Question

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on line. Three days later they sent me an assessment.It said it takes 90 minutes. It had behavioral type multiple choice questions. some multi task typing and listening skills activities.few other tests including ability to think and problem solving skills.But there were no questions about any devices.Four days later they sent me an e-mail to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter.Also they sent me three videos to watch and they mentioned recruiter will ask questions about the videos. I had the phone interview about five days later.(yesterday) Hope I will get another interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview questions.what would you do if your mobile phone is slow?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your phone does not open a window?   Answer Question
    • Ask couple of questions about the videos they sent.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative - Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chandler, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

1/13 Applied online.
    1/14 Received an email for the next step which was an online assessment. (you have so many days to complete) I did mine on 1/15 7 step process. Took you through scenarios of how to handle calls. Listen to numbers while entering them in system, listen to customer and answer needs based on multi choice. Hardest part was a multi task section where you had to get the customer to the correct representative, sales, tech support..etc while also verifying a series of matching numbers.
    1/15 Received an email for the next step asked for more information about application. Verify address etc. (assumed that the online assessment was successful)
    1/16 Received first phone call to schedule a phone interview. They email you a confirmation of time and date along with information about how to handle the phone interview. Very useful.
    1/17 phone interview. Asked about your background and gave you information about Verizon and the position. If everything goes well they will schedule an in person interview. Mine was for the next day
    1/18 in person interview. Bring ID for security. Interviewer sets up on an Ipad and is very honest about not being able to make eye contact as they are inserting your answers for the data base. Ask basic questions and then put you through role play. You answer the call they give their name and the problem and you help them out. You have a cheat card to use. After the role play the interviewer asks what your reasoning was behind what you said why you said it and your overall outcome. They give you heads up for a better role play the next time. I had pen and paper and asked if I could take notes. Jotted down name and brief notes on the issue so I could reference them when speaking back. Interviewer seemed impressed. You do 3 role plays. If interview is successful you get a tour of the facility. Once interview is complete you are allowed time to ask questions. After everything they tell you you will hear back in 3-5 business days.
    1/26 received call for job offer. Only downfall on this was that after 5 business days I didn't hear back so I called the recruiter and they didn't receive my in person feedback. The interviewer was off and so we had to wait a few days for reply. (hence the 1/26 date for job offer) Accepted the Job and training starts 2/26

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you had to deal with an upset customer over the phone. What happened? Be Specific and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

[Pretty long but helpful] It's sort of a lengthy process, standard really. I applied online, they then sent me an assessment test and gave me a 5 day period to complete it. It's broken down into 3 parts. Each about 30+ minutes maybe, once you finish and submit if you passed they will then email you about the next steps. In my case it was phone interview, they told me to give a date and time where I'm free to do so. Once I responded with the date and time, they told me I should be receiving a call. This was on a Wednesday, I set my phone interview up for the next morning. They called not a second late, we introduced ourselves and hop right into it. They gave me a brief description of what I would be doing if I got an offer got my opinion on that. Asked how up to date am I on electrics; smartphones, tablets & wifi. Asked me a few questions about customer service! It all took about 45 minutes once done they told me I sound great and would like to advance me to the next round! Which is now a face to face interview. My local recruiter was off that day so he gave me a call the next day and set my interview up for the following Tuesday at 11. Asked if I had any questions, sent me an email with instructions. Waited the weekend out sand Tuesday arrived I was there 15 minutes early. They got me signed in, my interviewer came out which was the trainer for my call center. He pretty much took a copy of my resume I got the other and we went over it.[ I would suggest bringing two or more because he stated that usually it's a two panel interview however his partner was on vacation.] He told me he would grill me and that's pretty much what he did. After that he got my opinion on Verizon and customer service. Ask me some questions about smart phones and then we did role play. Did about 3 different role play calls and that was it. He told me I was pretty sharp at what I do and he loved me. Only thing was my job history and if he offered me a job he expected to see the person he sees there today. I got a call back on today, two days later and they offered me the position. I'm waiting my background check now. They are BIG on your previous job and the dates. Other than that typical process, it can get lengthy just believe in yourself and be very relaxed in your interview and it'll go smooth!

Interview Questions

• What are some of the latest news stories you have heard about the cell phone Industry?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to solve a difficult situation with a customer and how did you solve it.   1 Answer
    • What operating system does apple and android use?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do what's best for you. Great company

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

The interview process is intense, through it is very effective as I have worked in other call centers, if they put in the time that they did at Verizon, turn overs would not be as high.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

Apply online for the position then if they like you, you will receive a phone interview, if you pass that, they will call you for testing and an in person interview. The test is filled with abstract thinking. Also a lot of roll playing as a rep and how you would handle specific situations. Also lots of questions about integrity and honesty. Then an in person interview, lots of questions using the STAR Model. After the testing and interview they say they will call. A few weeks later I got the call that I am hired contingent on the drug test and background check. Then, I immediately had to get drug tested within a 4 hour window. I then had to pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a stressful, difficult situation at work, and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then was invited to complete an online assessment the next morning. That same evening I was contacted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour and consisted of background questions and two or three behavioral questions. I was notified then that I passed the first phone interview. Being that I live several hours away from the city in which I applied, they told me I didn't have to drive that far so they scheduled me for a second phone interview. It consisted of five behavioral questions and four role play scenarios. I received some good feedback on the interview. I was told that I would know if I got the job within 1-3 days. Two days later I received a phone call extending me a job offer and to verify my past employment so they could run my background check. It is very in depth, so make sure you list exact dates of employment. The background check took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself within the company in 3-5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Initially applied online after learning about open position from indeed.com
    After reviewing my resume I was emailed a link to complete a 7 part timed assessment that took me 1 hour and 45 minutes out of the maximum allotted 2 hours to complete.
    1 week later I received an email confirming that I passed the assessment accompanied by a link and instructions to schedule a phone interview.
    Phone interview lasted approximately 40 minutes and consisted of general questions about occupation, goals, education, and personality, followed by 4 or 5 behavioral interview questions.
    Was contacted 6 hours after the completion of the phone interview to schedule an in person panel interview at the local call center in Huntsville, AL.
    In person interview consisted of behavioral interview questions, customer call role-play, and discussion of career goals as they relate to CSR position at Verizon Wireless.
    Successful interview resulted in drug screen, background check, and acceptance of position with scheduling of training course.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current cellphone or other wireless device.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Despite having over 20 years of sales and sales management experience, not to mention the last 13 in the wireless industry, I could not pass the phone interview stage and have also applied to many in store sales positions and have never even received a phone interview. I would love to know how to get my foot in the door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

I did a forty minute phone interview after completing the application and tests. I was then brought in for an interview on site with a different person. The phone interview was mainly about my experience and background with 2 or 3 behavioral questions at the end. The final interview was mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Role play - Sell the interviewer on the phone/tablet/device you use as if they were a customer.   Answer Question
    • What are your short term goals?   Answer Question
    • What are your long term goals?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in the call center as a Customer Service Representative?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a complex problem and how you resolved it.   1 Answer