Verizon Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017
1,853 Interview Reviews

Tech Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Show up for a skills test to test your knowledge and your ability to multitask. Followed up with a phone interview. Background check, which is very thorough and an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Listen to a portion of the call. Based on what you heard where do you think the problem was?   1 Answer

Interview

Linux administration questions and STAR questions. Interview was on phone and then onsite.

Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied, took assessment, email stating that I passed the assessment and to schedule an on the phone interview, interview next day with the same recruiter who sent out the emails, interview question were "why do you want to work for Verizon? " & " name a specific time and place where you had to solve a difficult problem"? (Be extremely specific do not speck about multiple difficult situations) confirmation of passing the interview at the end of phone call phone call took about 1 hr. , then I schedule a face to face interview with the same recruiter for 2 days later. Went 15 mins ahead of scheduled time to f2f interview. Wore a suit (woman) interviewed with a women (not sure her position) she was very nice she didn't make me feel like I was beneath her. She was honest about cons and pros about the position. The next day I received a phone call from another recruiter verifying everything on resume (just make sure dates are correct for everything and past employers) and was offered a contingent offer. I had to sign off to allow A-check to check my background etc. now I'm just waiting to insure the offer is solid. Hopefully all goes well and I didn't make and mistakes on date because I hear thats extremely important at Verizon wireless.

Interview Questions

• Role play questions , review resume , why do you want to work at this call center? How would you handle bitter moody coworkers?   Answer Question
    • Role play. Sale me something you own? (Electronic/ phone)   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Over the phone offered a contingent employment offer, benefits etc, Pay offered was really good so I did not negotiate it.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

After the application the initial application, the next step was to complete an online assessment. The assessment was pretty basic. Once that was complete I received an email saying that I would be moving on to the next step which was the phone interview. The phone interview was pretty general. Mostly behavioral and integrity checks. At the end of the phone interview it was confirmed that I would be moving on the the next step, which is the face to face interview, and that someone would call to schedule. The face to face interview was pretty laid back, but you are expected to show that you can carry yourself in a professional manner. There were some of the basic questions at first. Afterwards we got into role playing. I had to sell an item and then take a few "calls." This is the part that had me a little nervous, I would suggest that you practice some rolls just so you're prepared. After the interview I was told that I would be hearing back something within the next weeks. The next communication was to confirm my job history, which is expected to be extremely accurate for background check. After I confirmed that everything was correct I received an offer contingent on the background check.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Process was fairly simple. Filled out an application online, received an email two days later about completing an online assessment. The assessment consisted of seven parts and took me an hour to complete. The next day, I received an email stating I passed the assessment and the next step was to schedule a phone interview.

Phone interview- took 45 mins . Basically went over my resume, job history and answered some behavioral questions. Recruiter over the phone was very pleasant and easy going. He informed me after the phone interview that someone would be in touch within three to five business days. Two days later I got a call to set up a face to face interview.

Face to face interview- was just myself and a member from Human Resource. This interview took an hour, where we basically went over my resume, I was asked behavioral questions, had to "sell" and item and three role play scenarios. Was told I would receive a call the following week. I got a call with a job offer THAT SAME EVENING! Gladly accepted--waiting on background check now.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with an angry customer at work and what was the solution?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had a difficult task to complete at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay rate I was offered was excellent so there was no negotiation needed.

Smb Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was internal so I interviewed with the Hiring Manager and was brought on immediately after. Normally the interview process goes panel interview (usually 3 on the panel) and then your last interview is with the AD or Director.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about sales and what do you like least about sales?

Tell me a time when...And what was the outcome?
      1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rolling Meadows, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online a day later I received an email telling me to take an assessment. The assessment takes like 45 minutes, they have you type, personality questions, and direct calls to the right department. That same day I was sent an email to schedule a phone interview, I scheduled my phone interview for 1/23. The phone interview took about 30 minutes she just asked basic interview questions and went over my resume, at the end of the interview she informed me I would be getting a call to schedule a face to face interview. That same night around 5:00 p.m. I received a call to schedule the in person interview for 1/30. The face to face interview was kind of hard they just asked you basic interview questions similar to the phone interview, and you have to do some role playing. The interviewer is typing the whole time and rarely looks up just to ask another question. She pretends to be 3 different customers and you are the customer service rep, one is a angry customer, one is you selling a device you are familiar with ( I would research your phone that way you can use that device as a selling point). The third question they give you a paper with some material one it and you chose whats the best phone for the customer. After the interview she asked if I had any questions and sent me on my way. 2/2 I received a text message asking if I was available the following day to go over my resume again, they do a very detailed background check and just want to make sure the dates are correct. After she went over my resume she informed me that I had a contingent offer and my start date. Now I am waiting on my background check to come back. Hope this helps!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you learn something new, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on February 7th 2017. Two days later, I received the notification to take the assessment. I took the assessment and received notification that I qualified based on the test. Within 3-5 business days, I received a call from a recruiter scheduling a face to face interview. I had the interview and the managers were great and friendly. Finally, I received a call stating that I received the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had a customer that you were unable to satisfy.   Answer Question
    • What is the best input to watch tv for the best quality?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Said I would receive raises until I got to the max pay every 3-6 months.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2017.

Interview

About a week after I sent an application, I was scheduled for a phone interview that lasted an hour. I then was scheduled for a regular interview. I received an email 2 days later saying I didn't get the job.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewing process is loooooong. Expect for it to take anything from 3-5 weeks. In my experience, I had a phone interview in which we addresses a few cliche points like, Why Verizon? What can I contribute to the company? etc. Towards the end on the interview he told me that I was a suitable candidate and scheduled me for a second Interview (f2f) The second Interview consisted of two parts. The first part was very much alike to the phone interview(make sure you memorize the CREDO) here is where he told me that he would like to move forward to the second part of the interview (he noted that if I wasn't a good candidate he would've ended the interview after the first half) The second half consisted of a bit of role play, so make sure to practice a little before hand. Finally, a few weeks went by and suddenly I got a call with a job offer and the background check started.