Verizon Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Got a phone call to interview with the recruiter. He asked several questions about your experience and what do you know about the company. The process takes about a week.
    Questions: Tell us about your customer service experience; What do you know about the company? Select three words to describe yourself.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from my recruiter, Shalanda Kelly-Galloway, approximately a week after. She explained that after reviewing my application she would like to schedule a phone interview with her the following day around 10:00 am and go in for an interview to the retail store the same day around 3:00 pm. She sent me an email confirming the schedule times, along with the company credo and the product of the month Verizon was selling and told me to review the information before both interviews.

The phone interview had two components to it. The first component was a review of my resume which included going over my resume and ensuring dates, job specifics, and education were all valid. Secondly, I was asked situational and behavioral questions in regards to previous work experiences. An example of a questions she asked was, "Explain a situation where you dealt with a dissatisfied customer and what did you do in order to right the situation". I was also asked about the company credo and to explain how the company credo would relate to me if I worked at Verizon Wireless. Thirdly, I was asked about my familiarity of technology and what I did to remain up to with technology. After completing the phone interview she thanked me for my time and she explained to me that during the interview I will be required to role play with an associate and attempt to sell a device to them. She expressed that it was important to relate to the customer in a personal way and told me that she was hoping she would get to call me again.

The interview at the store was at 3:00 where I arrived 30 minutes early and brought a copy of my resume with me. The store was very busy and within the first five minutes I approached an employee and explained that I was there for a scheduled interview. I waited around for another 25 minutes or so where I looked over the devices and familiarized myself with where specific products were in the store.

After the 25 minutes, the store manager greeted me, shook my hand, and brought me into the interview room where I met an additional three people which were also interviewing me. Two of them were the store managers, one was the district manager, and the last was a lady with over twenty years of experience working with Verizon. The last lady also brought a laptop with her which she set up in order to type out everything that I said during the interview. They asked me for my resume since four of them were going to be interviewing me and thanked me for bringing the extra copies. Although there were four people who were all interviewing me at the same time, occasionally stopping to ask questions individually, the store manager which I first met was the one who asked 75% of the questions. I was a little nervous at first and one of the store managers wrote something down while laughing on a piece of paper and slipped it to the District Manager which was a little irritating - but after about five minutes my nerves settled down. Some of the questions that I was asked included, "Why do you want to work for Verizon?", "Where do you see yourself in three to five years?", "Are you familiar with the latest devices we have and how do you keep yourself up to date with them?" "Have you ever been in an aggressive retail environment with strict quotas?" "Explain what the company credo means to you and how do you believe you will represent the credo while working for Verizon Wireless?" "Are you familiar with tablets?". They also asked me about three questions which they wanted me to answer in a specific format (STAR or STARR, I do not remember the specific acronym). Examples of which they asked included, "Explain a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.", "Explain a time where you had to train a fellow employee how to do something. How did you do it and what was the outcome?", and, "Provide us with a specific situation where a customer was upset and what did you do in order to improve the situation? Please explain the outcome."They then asked me if I had any questions for them at the end of the interview, which I had two to three.

Interview Questions

• "Explain a time where you had to train a fellow employee how to do something. How did you do it and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied back in late July early August I believe.. They emailed in the middle of August saying that they wanted move forward with me in the interview process. I had to take an assessment. I passed that then received an email saying "let's talk about a career with Verizon" it was basically to set up a phone interview giving you instructions to read the Verizon credo and things you would discuss over the phone as far as benefits,salary and schedules. I had my phone interview he asked questions and we role played .. Once we did that he immediately told me that I would be moving on to a face to face interview and he also gave me good tips to make a good impression . So i went to the face to face interview and time I walk in l LOVE IT ! Everyone was so nice and friendly and making sure that I was relaxed and confident and comfortable and that I would do great and get the job ! I interviewed with a guy name josh ! He was sooooo nice and so down to earth ! I honestly forgot it was an interview.. I really felt like I was just talking to someone i just met and having a random conversation! He treated me like a human being.. Hopefully I From them soon to know if I got the position or not .. I am confident that I did .

Interview Questions

• whats your fav part about being in customer service   2 Answers

Database Administrator Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Got initial phone interview from HR rep a few months ago. It went very well. I was told they would be forwarding my info to the hiring manager and I would get a call in a few days for another interview. Another month passed and I got another call from HR rep saying hiring manager would call me the next day. Didn't happen. Last week I got an email from the hiring manager asking when they could call. I replied any time is fine. Got an email from another hiring manager saying he would call the next day. Waited all day and no call. Still waiting...

Interview Questions

• HR rep basically asked me to tell her about myself and what duties I performed in my last job. Also asked about major accomplishments and last salary.   Answer Question

Business Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Kansas City, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

the interview process has changed dramatically since I was hired in 2000. There are now multiple steps to go through. You apply, then you wait ...your application must make it through an HR screen before you are even contacted by hr for the first interview by HR. If you make it through that interview, you wait to be contacted by the hiring manager, go through first interview then wait for contact about possible second interview. You usually are not informed if you make it through the HR screen until someone is hired. You get the standard email stating that there was someone more qualified. This is a long drawn out process,

Bgco Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

First you need to take a online interview which consist of behavioral questions and some situational questions where you have to type and write down EMP ID numbers. Also you need to interact a lot with the computer so make sure you have time to do the interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Took online assessment and had a phone interview. Got a rejection email but was encouraged to reapply. Had a second phone interview that was nearly identical to the first one; scheduled an in person interview at the office. Waited 30 MINUTES on a Saturday morning; the receptionist had to call the recruiter to let him know I was there, and only then did he explain to me that there had been a scheduling mixup. Waited nearly a week to confirm a new interview time.

The two hiring managers I spoke with had laptops they were always typing into. I thought I had nailed most of their questions and role plays but then I did something dumb. I mentioned that i had heard of people having heart attacks on the floor and asked how Verizon helps its employees manage stress. They gave me some standard answers and I played along, but then I got another rejection email. That must have been the deal breaker.

I liked the hiring managers but getting stood up for the first interview was incredibly unprofessional, so maybe this was a sign that I should not be working here anyway.

Interview Questions

• standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Lots of making sure I was ok with working crappy hours for at least the first 2 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rolling Meadows, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application, days later I was sent an online test, then three days later I was sent an offer including the pay,benefits, credo, and was scheduled to do a phone interview. The interviewer focused on my intent to go back to school in the near future for my masters, (which by the way would not have affected my work schedule, because I can plan my classes around my work schedule) There was no focus at all on my past work experience which would show I'm definitely qualified for the job, every question was centered on my intent to go back to school. About a week later I was sent an email basically saying that I will not be called in for the face to face interview, and to apply again later. I honestly feel like if i never mentioned going back to school, I more than likely would have been asked to come in for a face to face interview. Perhaps they felt like I would have quit, but that definitely wouldn't have been the case.

Interview Questions

• How does your Master degree correlate with a career at VZW?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Morristown, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Very Intense Scenario based questions.
    I was told because i did not reach out to hiring manager i did not get position.
    also applying to a position outside of retail will not get noticed. I applied to over 60 internal positions and only received 2 interviews both relating to retail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when ....   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Lots of "Tell me about a time when...." questions. Store manager and district manager ran the interview. Verizon interviews follow a pretty standard format. They don't seem to allow a lot of room for flexibility on the part of the interviewer. It's essentially required to bring a Powerpoint presentation for your business plan for the position. However, not all interviewers bother to look at it.