Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted my app and received an email to do the assessment. I passed, and was contacted to set up a phone interview. After that, I received an email about the job role and the credo, and a video to watch (take notes, they will be asking you on the phone interview). The first phone interview went okay. I passed, and was given feedback. I really appreciated that because most people interviewing you don't do that. (I was told to be confident with your answers, answer your questions in STAR format...) I got a phone call two weeks later saying that I passed and was setting up a face to face. During this time I was looking over the s.t.a.r based questions and getting friends and family to give me mock interviews. I scheduled a face to face interview a couple of days later. In the face to face, the interviewer asked me about the thing I liked most about my job, and something I least liked, how do I multitask, I had to sell a piece of technology (i sold my iphone), on a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your knowledge on technology, and I had two role play parts of the interview. I also received a tour of the facility. I received my offer 3 days later. Im currently going through the background process so have your w2's on you just in case. This was a great process because I felt like the recruiter helped me out tremendously throughout this process. So my advice is to be very detailed in your answers, Be confident!! Always end your answers on a positive note, and google the behavior based interviews. google is your friend! Good Luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not able to negotiate, you get more if you have a degree+1 year of customer service experience.

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

Phone interview, test and then final interview with a few people in the room. They called to let you know result. The test was odd because you had to go in and take a test for a few hours on skills.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Basic 2 phone interview, then I was called in for a interview once I made it to the second round I was tested on my computer skills. A total of 3 interviews was a little much however this company does take pride in customer service so making sure the right people fit the position is a must.

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Hanover, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Before you can interview you have to complete an assessment online. Then you have a phone interview and an in person interview. I had the first interview in January 2016 a few days after passing the assessment and the second in April 2016. The first interview was a 1 hour phone interview that consisted of role playing and selling a wireless product. I acted out selling an iPhone. They really are interested in your knowledge of wireless products. The second interview was in person at the Verizon business center. I was interviewed by 2 ladies for 1 hour they were very nice and asked behavioral questions and also a role play scenario where I acted out taking a call and speaking to a customer. They basically want to know how you would solve problems and handle difficult customers. About a week after the second interview I got a call for another 15 interview but it wasnt an actual interview it was just me going over my resume just to make sure that everything on my resume is up to date and accurate. After going over my resume with the rep theyoffered me the position and was told I needed to pass the background check in order to be hired. I passed the background check and start training in June.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when a customer made a request that you could not fulfill and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Retail Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Malvern, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process were fine. At times I find it heart wrenching because I find myself starting all over again. After the interview process, they sent me an email and stated that they have selected another candidate. I was disappointed because the job description they have listed met all my all the requirements that were on the resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Interview

2 phone screenings that asked basic behavioral style questions.
    An onsite skills assessment test which consisted primarily of reading/comprehension/typing speed tests.
    An onsite one-on-one interview that consisted of explaining how you would respond in given customer service scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Listen to this customer interaction and explain why or why it was not effective.   1 Answer

Interview

Applied online Sunday evening
    Emailed with the assessment the following Monday. Recruiter texted immediately to let me know I passed and set up the phone interview for Wednesday.
    Let me know to make sure my dates of previous employment are accurate

Negotiation

Set pay rate

Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Wallingford, CT).

Interview

It was a long process. Had to apply online, then do a phone interview, then a data entry test, then another interview. The entire process took about a month. They hire a bunch of people at once so everyone can be entered into a class setting for training which took 19 weeks!

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Seems like the process took forever. I got an email to schedule a phone interview. I had the phone interview and about 5 days letter I got an email letting me know that they found that there were other candidates that fit the description of what they wanted and encouraged me to apply again.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

They sent me an email to coordinate an interview over the phone. Then a personal interview was scheduled. In probably less than a week I received the job offer. Then all the required tests had to be done in a matter of 2 days.