Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Customer Service Representative

Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2017

352 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

You apply online. If you pass the initial application screening then someone will notify you about completing an assessment online. The assessment takes about 60-75 minutes to complete. It tests your data entry, listening, and competency ability. You're also asked "SD, D, N, A, SA" type questions during this assessment. If you pass the online assessment, someone then calls you for a phone interview. During this phone interview you are told more about the company. They ask why you want to be apart of Verizon, What do you like most about the information they send you prior to the phone interview, where do you see yourself in 5 years, and questions about how you deal with customers. If you make it past the phone interview, the final step is the face-to-face interview. I had one person interview me, but there could be two. In this interview you are asked more behavioral and open-ended questions. For example, describe a time when you had to solve a problem in a short period of time. You are also asked about your knowledge of Verizon Wireless products. You are also asked to sell a piece of technology. You also have to do 3 role plays where you act as if you are already a CSR. They will notify you within 5 business days after the 1:1 interview about whether or not you have a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to solve a problem in a short period of time. What was the situation, the action you took, and the results.   Answer Question
    • How do you multitask?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Took online assessment and had a phone interview. Got a rejection email but was encouraged to reapply. Had a second phone interview that was nearly identical to the first one; scheduled an in person interview at the office. Waited 30 MINUTES on a Saturday morning; the receptionist had to call the recruiter to let him know I was there, and only then did he explain to me that there had been a scheduling mixup. Waited nearly a week to confirm a new interview time.

The two hiring managers I spoke with had laptops they were always typing into. I thought I had nailed most of their questions and role plays but then I did something dumb. I mentioned that i had heard of people having heart attacks on the floor and asked how Verizon helps its employees manage stress. They gave me some standard answers and I played along, but then I got another rejection email. That must have been the deal breaker.

I liked the hiring managers but getting stood up for the first interview was incredibly unprofessional, so maybe this was a sign that I should not be working here anyway.

Interview Questions

• standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Lots of making sure I was ok with working crappy hours for at least the first 2 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rolling Meadows, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application, days later I was sent an online test, then three days later I was sent an offer including the pay,benefits, credo, and was scheduled to do a phone interview. The interviewer focused on my intent to go back to school in the near future for my masters, (which by the way would not have affected my work schedule, because I can plan my classes around my work schedule) There was no focus at all on my past work experience which would show I'm definitely qualified for the job, every question was centered on my intent to go back to school. About a week later I was sent an email basically saying that I will not be called in for the face to face interview, and to apply again later. I honestly feel like if i never mentioned going back to school, I more than likely would have been asked to come in for a face to face interview. Perhaps they felt like I would have quit, but that definitely wouldn't have been the case.

Interview Questions

• How does your Master degree correlate with a career at VZW?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Hilliard, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Take online assessment. If you are able to complete you get a phone interview. They don't care what you say, and they try to intimidate you. Remember you are just one of hundreds interviewing so don't expect to be treated like a person or talk to anyone friendly. Then interviewed in person. The interviewer seemed like he hated his job and typed out my response to every single question. Can you imagine you are trying to put your best forward to show them your customer service and they are staring at a computer screen typing verbatim. I never felt so disrespected. It should have been my clue of what was to come.

Interview Questions

• What would you say if someone damaged their phone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

got a call to do a phone interview. it lasted about 40 minutes..set up a face to face for later in the week. they couldnt find a supervisor to interview me so my interview started 45 mins late! I stayed patient though. The interview was cool. the only thing i hated was the role play..but otherwise all was well. got the call a few days later that i got it!!! total opposite of when I went for CFS - still not sure how I didnt get that job but it wasnt in the cards i suppose.. anyway! got the job this time!! wish me luck!!!

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time blah blah   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted my app and received an email to do the assessment. I passed, and was contacted to set up a phone interview. After that, I received an email about the job role and the credo, and a video to watch (take notes, they will be asking you on the phone interview). The first phone interview went okay. I passed, and was given feedback. I really appreciated that because most people interviewing you don't do that. (I was told to be confident with your answers, answer your questions in STAR format...) I got a phone call two weeks later saying that I passed and was setting up a face to face. During this time I was looking over the s.t.a.r based questions and getting friends and family to give me mock interviews. I scheduled a face to face interview a couple of days later. In the face to face, the interviewer asked me about the thing I liked most about my job, and something I least liked, how do I multitask, I had to sell a piece of technology (i sold my iphone), on a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your knowledge on technology, and I had two role play parts of the interview. I also received a tour of the facility. I received my offer 3 days later. Im currently going through the background process so have your w2's on you just in case. This was a great process because I felt like the recruiter helped me out tremendously throughout this process. So my advice is to be very detailed in your answers, Be confident!! Always end your answers on a positive note, and google the behavior based interviews. google is your friend! Good Luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not able to negotiate, you get more if you have a degree+1 year of customer service experience.

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

Phone interview, test and then final interview with a few people in the room. They called to let you know result. The test was odd because you had to go in and take a test for a few hours on skills.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Basic 2 phone interview, then I was called in for a interview once I made it to the second round I was tested on my computer skills. A total of 3 interviews was a little much however this company does take pride in customer service so making sure the right people fit the position is a must.

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Hanover, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Before you can interview you have to complete an assessment online. Then you have a phone interview and an in person interview. I had the first interview in January 2016 a few days after passing the assessment and the second in April 2016. The first interview was a 1 hour phone interview that consisted of role playing and selling a wireless product. I acted out selling an iPhone. They really are interested in your knowledge of wireless products. The second interview was in person at the Verizon business center. I was interviewed by 2 ladies for 1 hour they were very nice and asked behavioral questions and also a role play scenario where I acted out taking a call and speaking to a customer. They basically want to know how you would solve problems and handle difficult customers. About a week after the second interview I got a call for another 15 interview but it wasnt an actual interview it was just me going over my resume just to make sure that everything on my resume is up to date and accurate. After going over my resume with the rep theyoffered me the position and was told I needed to pass the background check in order to be hired. I passed the background check and start training in June.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when a customer made a request that you could not fulfill and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Interview

2 phone screenings that asked basic behavioral style questions.
    An onsite skills assessment test which consisted primarily of reading/comprehension/typing speed tests.
    An onsite one-on-one interview that consisted of explaining how you would respond in given customer service scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Listen to this customer interaction and explain why or why it was not effective.   1 Answer