Verizon Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rolling Meadows, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application, days later I was sent an online test, then three days later I was sent an offer including the pay,benefits, credo, and was scheduled to do a phone interview. The interviewer focused on my intent to go back to school in the near future for my masters, (which by the way would not have affected my work schedule, because I can plan my classes around my work schedule) There was no focus at all on my past work experience which would show I'm definitely qualified for the job, every question was centered on my intent to go back to school. About a week later I was sent an email basically saying that I will not be called in for the face to face interview, and to apply again later. I honestly feel like if i never mentioned going back to school, I more than likely would have been asked to come in for a face to face interview. Perhaps they felt like I would have quit, but that definitely wouldn't have been the case.

Interview Questions

• How does your Master degree correlate with a career at VZW?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Morristown, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Very Intense Scenario based questions.
    I was told because i did not reach out to hiring manager i did not get position.
    also applying to a position outside of retail will not get noticed. I applied to over 60 internal positions and only received 2 interviews both relating to retail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when ....   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Lots of "Tell me about a time when...." questions. Store manager and district manager ran the interview. Verizon interviews follow a pretty standard format. They don't seem to allow a lot of room for flexibility on the part of the interviewer. It's essentially required to bring a Powerpoint presentation for your business plan for the position. However, not all interviewers bother to look at it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Orange, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (West Orange, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

Well I applied on Sunday morning, heard back from a recriuter on Wednesday morning talked for a good 15 minutes and was offered the job immediately just from the phone call.....and hour later spoke to the regional manager on the phone and received an offer email being positive and upbeat actually helps with the interview process because you're just pretty much selling yourself just remain calm, sound appreciable and smile because that's what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Previous job history, what is your current position, and do you have background with technology?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Akron, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Basically it is the same as what everyone else says.
    First you get a phone interview then they send you to an in store interview. Both have behavior/situation questions and the in store interview you get 15 minutes to walk around the store and then you answer questions that present a person and what they need and you have to best identify what they might like and how you can sell it to them.
    Everyone I spoke to was extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• Once you walk the store the question are basically, A man who likes to travel and read and work out is planning a cross country trip. What products do you try to sell him?   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

Interview

I applied to the position.
    I made it through to the phone interview selection. The HR representative sends you information to study before the interview (nothing hard to memorize). I had the phone interview, the rep said it I did a great job and that I would be moving on to the face to face interview with the store manager. She will be calling in a week to set up a time. Two weeks go by and I haven't heard anything from the HR rep or the SM. I cal the store and have to make the interview appointment myself because she forgot to call me. I get to the interview 15 minutes early. She doesn't see me until 30 minutes later. We speak about my work history, etc. She said she would call me within two weeks. 2 weeks passed, I hear nothing. So I called the store again, she was occupied so I left a message with a Rep. A month goes by I email the HR rep and still no reply. A few months later I reapply for the position. I made it to the SM interview again. We talked for maybe 5 minutes. She said the same thing again. Here we are a month later with no contact again.
    They are horrible at communicating with interviewees if they do not want to hire you. I rather them state that you are not selected instead of ignoring me or not answering anything.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about the Verizon credo?   1 Answer

Government Business Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chesapeake, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screening by recruiter lasted over an hour with a bunch of scripted questions - only 23% of which were valuable. 3 months passed and I heard nothing until I got an call from the hiring manager for Chesapeake, VA. who wanted a face to face with lass than 1 week's notice. I asked for a later date and was given phone interview option instead. I should have ditched the whole thing at that point but went with it. THe hiring manager and her director were on the first of call - it was a 2 day phone interview process. Since they were 2 white women and were looking to replace a white woman, I know my chances were limited - that is the reality that you will never see on this site.It was scripted questions in the 1st call. The 2nd call they wanted to role play, I should have hung up the phone because I am too good for anyone who thinks role plays are worth something at my level. I did it anyway and she abruptly ended the interview - I felt jipped as I knew I was eliminated on the spot and they didn't have the decency to tell me straight.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to deal with an irate customer   Answer Question
    • Asked for a ridiculous sales role play over the phone.   1 Answer

Workforce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irving, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online via either glassdoor.com or indeed.com. Received a call back fairly quickly - within 48 hours from their corporate HR Representative. Set a time to begin the phone screening process. The HR Representative/Talent Manager called at the agreed time. The phone screening took about 45 minutes. A review of the position and requirements/qualifications were discussed thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Simple phone screen asking basic questions on Workforce Management. * Do you have experience with IEX or any other Workforce Management software * How many years of experience do you have managing the workforce * What experience do you have with forecasting call volume * What are the salary expectations* When are you available to start * Why do you want to work for Verizon   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Longmont, CO).

Interview

I applied online and heard back a couple of days later to set up a phone interview. My phone interview was 15 minutes late so don't expect it to be exactly on time. It went well and afterward I was told I would be moving onto the next step being an in person interview at the location I am applying for. I interviewed with the general manager and did a role play with one of the top sales reps. The interview there went well too and now I am just waiting to hear back!

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job, then received an e-mail requesting a phone interview. The phone interviewer was very.. "confrontational" with me. She made the role playing very awkward and was not really "playing ball" with me. Overall pretty negative experience.