Verizon Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017
1,951 Interview Reviews

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

They start normally with a phone interview to touch base and see if you are personable. In store interviews follow to get better acquainted and determine how focused you are for this position. Sales driven people are what they are looking for as this is a sales driven company.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irving, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Assessment test comes via email with a deadline to complete. It is online and is strictly Mickey Mouse for 90 minutes of call center scenarios, comparing numbers and letters, typing speed, and finding patterns in grids, and ethics questions. It is designed for a five year old and annoying. Obviously an entry level job. If you get called for a follow-up interview if you don't pick up on the first ring they will not return your voice mails or emails, too many people have already applied for the job. Essentially you wasted 90 minutes of your life with this dinosaur company. They have no respect for the candidate. You can tell this is a high turnover job the way people are treated.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irving, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job through a Verizon recruiter. First interview was regular HR interview. It involved question based on your resume and experience.

Second was technical telephonic screening. Basic questions revolve around my resume and basic java concepts like OOPs, Collection, Thread etc. Some questions asked on Frameworks. Honestly it was a easy technical interview.

Thirdly they invite me for face to face at their office. It is where i realized they just called you there for number game. They already decided in not hiring you.

In my whole interview process from HR till face to face, all people were Indians. In my face to face interview they asked me questions like how long you have been here in US, How you got your citizenship etc. Even though it was clearly mentioned, I am US citizen.

Can you imagine you went for final interview and someone ask you this kind of ridiculous questions! THERE WERE NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS ASKED. Later i learned that they recently opened many data centers in India and that's where they are doing development. I will suggest don't waste your time there, apply somewhere you and your experience is valued.

Interview Questions

• Basic core java questions on OOPs, Collection, Thread etc   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Was a pre recorded video interview, where you record yourself answering several questions.
    This was my second time, so I thought I would do better to pass on to the next round, but I guess I was still lacking something.

Interview Questions

• I'm not sure if I was allowed to share (some electronic NDA?), so I will just leave advice: Just know everything about about yourself and obviously research about the company.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

targeted questions looking for very specific answers and details around the actions you took and the results of those actions. be very detailed in the STAR format. the situation or task, action taken and results of your actions. detail the why behind the actions you took to relay your thought process

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you coached substandard performance.   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email to do an assessment, then got another email for a phone screen. The lady I spoke with was very rude; I assumed because I change the time of the interview to another day because she was LATE calling and that sort of irritated her that's why she maybe had an attitude. Honestly, I was expecting an attitude when I saw her first name, but I try not to make premature judgements. Nevertheless, she was very nasty when I told her why I changed the time. From there on that pretty much set the tone for the interview. She did not seem very enthusiastic, but I tried to keep a very positive attitude throughout the interview, but I could already tell I would not be moving forward through the next phase. Even at the end when I asked her questions she only gave one-word responses and hung up very quickly.

Interview Questions

• what you like most and least about working for Verizon?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Richland, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

The phone interview process was relatively simple. They asked a few questions about yourself, and why you'd want to work for verizon. And then they have you role play in a situation where your are the sales rep and the interviewer is a customer. You have to sell them a product that they are featuring for that month.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a company like Verizon   1 Answer

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with roleplay involved is the first step. I interviewed initially with the Charleston Store. I thought it went well. I called the recruiter every week and a half after. He told me about a month later that they hired someone from the inside but because he liked me he would keep my application for other locations. He allowed me to interview with the mount pleasant store. A couple days later I got the "thanks but no thanks" email. The same say I got a phone call from the Charleston Store asking for a second interview. (this is a total of a month and a half, or more, later) of course I agreed. I had my second interview on a Friday and the recruiter called me on Monday with the offer. The recruiter is your main point of contact. It's very important to impress the recruiter. BE PREPARED FOR ROLEPLAY! STUDY THE CREDO. They do ask about it alot.

Interview Questions

• Alot of situational questions. (what was the issue? How did you solve it? What was the result?)   Answer Question

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Remote, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

Start with phone interviews, then interviews in person, Asked basic questions and then asked to explain some of projects that were worked on. Last I was asked to come up with examples for the solutions to different problems.

Workfore Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Providence, RI) in May 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was conducted by three people you'd be working with. You had to speak in a monotone voice and be very poignant and concise with your answers. If you veered into a sub-topic they did not want to hear about, although relevant to the question being asked, you can hear the sighs even though half the time, they had you on mute so they could speak with each other. And although you answer a question to the best of your ability, nothing seems to please them...at all. Nothing positive was ever stated by any of the questioners and it seems like that gloomy attitude was going to be pertinent to the job itself.

Interview Questions

• They asked multiple questions about training experience. No matter how much you stated about experiences of all types, it seemed like it was never enough.   Answer Question