Verizon Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017
1,815 Interview Reviews

Law Clerk Interview

Interview

The process was smooth and very easy. We started with a video montage interview and then received an email to move on to round two which in a phone interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

I did a forty minute phone interview after completing the application and tests. I was then brought in for an interview on site with a different person. The phone interview was mainly about my experience and background with 2 or 3 behavioral questions at the end. The final interview was mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Role play - Sell the interviewer on the phone/tablet/device you use as if they were a customer.   Answer Question
    • What are your short term goals?   Answer Question
    • What are your long term goals?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in the call center as a Customer Service Representative?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a complex problem and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Wilmington, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Very fast process took about 2 weeks total from application to official hiring. 2 days after application I was emailed an invitation for anow assessment which is approx. 1.5 hrs long. A few days later I was given a phone screen which lasted 30 or so minutes. After the phone screen I was given a 1 on 1 interview with a hiring manager. Best advice for the 1 on 1 is be yourself and have energy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, basic online application process, personal information, work history, education level. After that I received an email asking me to take an online assessment which consisted of basic psychology questions, some scenarios, the normal stuff. The next day I received a phone call to set up a time for a phone interview and was told I would be emailed some company information and information about the position and a prinout of a producr of the month, was told to familiarize myself with all of that and be prepared to answer questions about position requirements and company ethics code and to be ready to know about the product. Phone interview came, interviewing person was verynice, normal questions about work history, why I would want to wprk for Verizo n, if I could fulfill the requirements, and then a role play where the interviewer was the customer and I had to sell her the product. Wasn't hard but without prior sales and retail experience probably would be. Then was asked right away to come in for an in person interview and was given some tips on how to prepare and to familiarize myself with Verizon's Credo and the position as well as the products they carry and to be ready to dp another roleplay. Went to the interview, was greeted very politely by two current store managers, interview was ery similar, not much of a roleplay really, was just asked which feature on the iPhone 7 I would use to sell it to a customer. They will ask about their Credo and how you see yourself in it/what about it you like, whg you want to work for Verizon, basic retail sales interview questions.i have been in retail for over 10 years, and the two managers that interviewed me were very friendly, it wasn't a scary or bad experience at all, but I would highly suggest to study their credo and be able to show that you not only can sell sometjing but also know about the product you're selling.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Verizon   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

Online application, then assessment and last a phone interview. Easy process but lengthy call. Only had about two behavioral questions. Focus was on role playing sales call. I've been invited to interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to adapt to a change. Positive and negative side to the change.   1 Answer
    • Role play a typical sales call for a specific product.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I first had to do an initial interview screening after applying online through my college website. Then, they flew me out to Boston to interview. It consisted of behavioral questions. They never got back to me.

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was great! Everyone was very friendly. There were several people applying for several different jobs and everyone was very positive and friendly (and nervous). The interviewer made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Verizon?   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greenville, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying online I quickly recieved an email to complete assessment. The assessment was thorough. I was soon invited to a lengthy phone interview including review of my resume, behavioral questions, review of role and company. Finally I was scheduled for a face to face interview that was similar to the phone interview but more intimidating. Two gentlemen type away at laptops while drilling you about your resume, ask more behavioral questions, role playing, reviewing role again! They cannot make eye contact with you while taking notes. The interviewers came off rude. They showed little empathy towards mothers in the workforce. I had a fantastic interview but they appeared bother by my investment into motherhood over my career in my past. I was not offered a position, though I walked out the interview understanding I would not work for this company. It appears they are seeking minions.

Interview Questions

• Using a specific scenario, how would you manage multiple talk that need to be completed within. A restricted time frame. How did you balance? Describe your desicison process. What were the results.   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

First a phone interview
    Lots of questions about past sales experience and reactions to hypothetical situations. Questions about email sent to you, Verizon credo, some random accessory)
    Then an in person with a store manager in the same style.
    You will be interviewing with someone with 4+ years of sales experiance , they will know if you're lying.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

The interview usually consists of at least 2 parts, sometimes more. The first is a phone interview with HR in which they ask a series of questions pertaining to past experiences, work availability, etc. The second is an in-store interview with the General Manager. During the second interview, you may be asked to role play scenarios depending on the Manager. Sometimes you are asked some of the same questions as you were during the HR Interview. Best piece of advice, when being interviewed, take some time after each questions to think about what you want to say. Verizon also likes the STAR format: Situation, Task, Action, Result, and better yet if the result is quantifiable.

Interview Questions

• Has there been a situation in which you had to overcome an obstacle? Describe the situation and how you resolved it.   1 Answer