Verizon Wireless Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.9

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

1st interview was over 1 hour the phone, it was very detailed asking about my resume and different work scenarios. Not bad.
    2nd interview was face to face with supervisor for a little bit over 30 mins about the same questions than they did over the phone.
    The one on one interview was a joke, they asked you to go dress professionally and the supervisor wearing shorts and sneakers, and all sales representatives wearing jeans and sneakers. Supervisor never introduced properly. Always doubting my skills and my work experience, like they can't read diplomas nor call work references. The worst thing when I asked how long does it take for an answer, they said we will let you know, just like that, in those 3 weeks I waited for their answered I received 2 other jobs offering in less than 72 hrs (which of course I took one them). They need to get more serious with those interviews. Very poor interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you faced adversity in the workplace.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bonney Lake, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Bonney Lake, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

About average. Was asked the basic run of the mill behavioral and situational questions. They liked most of my answers but I must admit that I was nervous since it was my first real interview. I did not receive a response within the week period they said they would call about a decision. I called about a week later asking if a decision had been made and they said that the manager would call me back which they did not.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

The process was a bit longer. I had the first interview over the phone with an HR persons and the next step was a face to face interview. The face to face was with a store manager of the location I had applied to work at. He had questions along with scenario and situational questions.,

Interview Questions

• They handed me a stapler that was sitting on my desk and said "sell this to me"   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2015.

Interview

Pointless. Lots of situational based questions (describe a time when you...etc.). Very obvious they were going through the motions and had another candidate in mind for position. The interview was rushed

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not agree with your manager's point of view? What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

First is the phone interview, then you come in to talk to HR and a manager. Make sure you tell them if you speak another language because you get $47 extra on the pay check if they check the "second language" option on the interview, well at least here in NY. People are very nice, HR is always nice so you dont know what they really mean. Managers are more realistic with you.

Interview Questions

• for sales they give you a story of a guy who come in to buy and ask you to sell him the phones and plans. They do give you time to look at the phones and Verizon plans. But you should do that before coming in. For operation work they ask your background with customer service and technology.
      But i was already with Verizon as operations before applying for sales so i new the plans, phones and how to sell what they want.
      1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2015.

Interview

I received an email with a couple attachments. During the interview I was asked about the Verizon Credo, and about the product of the month. The initial phone screening led to a call later in the day for an interview with the local store manager next week. The interview went well and hopefully I will receive an offer during the final interview next week.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to role play the sale of a product, to both a tech savvy consumer, and a consumer who really didn't understand technology.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Applied and got a call from a recruiter after a week or so. Set up a first interview about a week later over the phone. After the phone interview it took about three weeks before I heard anything from anyone. I assumed I hadn't gotten the position and continued looking elsewhere when I got another call scheduling an in person interview for about a week later. All in all it was a pretty long process. Interviews consist of a lot of scenario based questions as well as questions about how you work as a teammate and what you know about technology and the company as far as their values go. Don't plan on a quick process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a customer solve a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denham Springs, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Denham Springs, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

You apply and then go through two telephone interviews and and two face to face interviews.once you get the interview face to face will be with a district manager, he decides based on this interview if you will be hired, then you will interview with the store manager, this allows the store manager the chance to see if they want you. Verizon hires in groups and then the applicants once hired are chosen by the store managers.

Interview Questions

• Alot about selling experience, and working customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Ontario, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

So I had gotten tired of working at ATT so I decided to apply for Verizon because I heard they had better job advancement opps, better pay, and just an overall better company to work for.
    1) I applied on 12/22/2014 filled out online app & took assessment.Received an email the next morning asking for the best time to schedule a phone interview. Confirmed interview for that same day at 2 pm. They emailed me their Credo & the accessory of the month. REVIEW THESE MATERIALS BECAUSE THEY WILL ASK YOU QUESTIONS ABOUT IT. So study study study.

2) 12/23/14 conducted phone interview. She called on time, went over resume and online application. They are VERY paranoid & emphasize verifying employment history. After that had STAR format questions "tell me a time when" think of 5 situations you can flex to any type of situation. Have enthusiasm & make sure you talk about sales & how you can sale & you should pass. After that she asked about the credo & then we role played the Accesory of the month. Once completed she invited me to an I store interview.

3) 1/9/15 went in for in store interview. Dress professionally! And mirror the upbeat attitude that you had over the phone. Was interviewed by two managers from different stores. (These may of May not be your store managers) and a HR rep who I honestly believe was the DM. Pretty straightforward. They were very nice. Same questions as over the phone. "Tell me a time when" "how would you handle this" "where do you see yourself in a yr" "why Verizon" "how does Verizon's credo relate to you & your sales & business ethic" "how do you handle stress" then they went over employment history again. From there we role played. They already had an Accesory on the table for me to "sale" to one of the managers. Just ask discovery questions, and try to get them to buy the product & you'll be fine. From there they asked If I had any questions. ASK QUESTIONS!! They want to know your really interested, and take this time to sale yourself. Lasted about 30 min. Was told they were making their decisions that night & I should hear something the next day

The next day I couldn't wait, so I sent a friendly email to the HR rep to check on the status. Around noon. Received an email back around 5 asking to confirm all my previous employments & have EXACT dates as it could disqualify me. Gave me a date to email everything over then asked a day to call to do a "final review" of my app

4) 1/12/15 received phone call went over employment a last time & it turns out that call was actually an employment offer!!!

Overall pretty quick process. Very stressful & nervewrecking so be on your toes at all times. Background check is VERY THOROUGH so double check everything.

Currently waiting my background check & start date but if all goes well I should start 1/29. So for me, process took 4 weeks.

Hope this helps & good luck!!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?
      Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      Tell me a time you had to meet a Deadline & had difficulty
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. I tried but they stated hourly was set. However, commission is where the real flexibility comes in because you can make between 65,000 + a year

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received a response the next day about setting up a preliminary phone interview with an HR person. I scheduled it for the day following that and the interview was relatively smooth, consisted of some basic background questions, STAR format questions and a role play over the phone in regards to a product. I was passed onto an in store interview which was in front of three individuals and it was in the same format as the preliminary interview. I was told that they will take up to 2 weeks to decide and that I will be contacted by the HR person with whom I initially spoke to.

Interview Questions

• Why sales ? Why Verizon ? How good would you rate yourself in terms of technology and why ?   Answer Question