Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in Irvine, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The worst job interview that I have ever had!! The interview was at their former call center in Irvine, California (call center closed as of May, 2014). The interview occurred several years ago. I did a phone interview/screening, and passed that. I was then invited to the call center to take a call center simulation test. The facility was in Irvine, CA so it was a generic looking cookie cutter business office like the rest of Irvine. There was a gym inside.

The test from what I recall was like a call center simulation, which required you to select the best customer service satisfaction answers. After the test, I was told to wait back in the lobby. The human resources rep came back, and told me that I had passed, and that she wanted to get me into a training group that was starting the following week. I thought, "Great I've got the job." Then she told me that I had to wait while she found a manager who would then interview me. I waited 15-minutes or so thinking that the interview was just a formality/rubber stamp.

The rep and the manager met me. As soon as she left he looked at my resume, and said, "Oh no. We aren't hiring you."

He takes me into a small conference room, and starts berating me. He tells me that I've had too many jobs. My response was that some of those jobs were part time ones that I had while an undergraduate student, and that some of the other ones were TEMP AGENCY jobs that I had after being laid off etc. That shut him up, but he continued. He asked why I was a fit for the company. I told him that I had customer service experience, leadership skills, a college degree, and that I wanted to earn a masters degree, which would benefit the company. He barked out, "We're not going to pay for that!" My response to him was, who said that VZW was going to pay for it? That shut him up again.

The WEIRDEST occurrence in the interview was when his pen stopped working. I had an extra BRAND NEW pen, and I offered to let him use it. He barks out, "No!" He then walks out of the room for about five minutes, and then returns back with a pen.

The manager was basically trying to instigate me to flip out on him. He was basically trying to get me super angry so he could end the interview. I stayed cool, which seemed to annoy him. Sometime after I got home, I contacted VZW HR, and told them about the interview, and that the manager was unprofessional etc. Their response was that I could reapply in six months. I had read on a now defunct job venting website that the managers at the VZW call centers disliked hiring people with degrees because they saw them as competition for possible job advancement. I totally believe that was the case because the interviewing manager was extremely hostile towards me for no apparent reason.

The interview was process was average (phone screen, call center simulation), but the manager who did the actual interview was basically a jerk. And NO, I did not reapply to VZW.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I was a good fit for the company/why should they hire me.   1 Answer
    • Stated that I had too many previous jobs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Basic 2 phone interview, then I was called in for a interview once I made it to the second round I was tested on my computer skills. A total of 3 interviews was a little much however this company does take pride in customer service so making sure the right people fit the position is a must.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

First interview was held at a hotel. From there I was taken to a second interview, where I had to drive to a nearby store. From there I was interviewed by a store manager said to receive a response within a week.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The process only took 30 minutes. They used the STAR format to conduct interview and asked me if I can work in stressful situations. There was two people interviewing at he the time.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Gave day to day operations of the position and required duties. Requested to meet with director for a four hour business overview. It was a face to face interview and before I met with the director, I was able to sit with an auditor to review processes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you found something invalid regarding and audit and what research techniques did you utilize to correct the discrepancy?   Answer Question

Retail Sales/Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was invited via email for an interview on Tuesday March 12 at a specific time and asked to respond with my full name and time I would come for the interview. I responded as asked stating that I would come at the originally stated time. I received a response back stating "We are pretty for the morning, please come at . . ." The new time was a half hour after the original time. I realized then that the person emailing me didn't proofread either email she had sent and that there was most likely information left out of the original email such as; this was a job fair I was being invited to, there were many interviewees invited at the same time, interviews were given on a first come first served basis, parking fees would not be paid and were $12 for up to 2 hours. When I arrived there were approximately 15 people waiting, I checked in and was informed that they were running a little behind, but more interviewers would be arriving shortly. It seamed to be about an hour before any of the people before me were called. After 2 hours I inquired how much longer it would be, and was told maybe another hour. I then asked for a phone interview to be arranged as I had to leave. I am still waiting to be contacted regarding the phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via phone to come in for an in person interview. When I arrived I took a test with a group of about 4 other people on a computer. It was a skills and personality test. After I completed this test I waited in the lobby for a few minutes and was then called in to interview 1:1 with a recruiter and a customer service supervisor. I was given a tentative offer on the spot, and received an official job offer over the phone the following day.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was answering about hypothetical customer service situations and how I would solve them. I was also asked to describe an experience I had in the past with a negative customer interaction, and what I was able to do in order to turn the interaction into a positive one.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't know enough to negotiate - I was fresh out of college and this was my first 'real' job. They base initial salary off of experience + education, so I'd recommend negotiating and emphasizing your relevant skills. They likely won't negotiate on things like sick leave, vacation time, etc. as I believe it's standardized company-wide for each position and years with the company.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

3 Stage Interview
    a. phone interview
    b. In-Person Interview with HR
    c. Final interview with HR/Local Manager
    d. Drug screen and background check
    e. Offer Letter Email and Phone confirmation

Interview Questions

• How are your communication skills   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Process was quick and easy. I applied on 11/7 had a phone screen on 11/15 was told immediately I passed. Was scheduled for my assessment on 11/17 the assessment was easy a combination of logic and common sense. Once the assessment was over I was scheduled for another phone interview on 11/19 once again was told immediately I passed and was scheduled for a face to face on 11/20. Once my face to face was over I was told I would be hearing something within 5 business days on 11/26 I received a phone call with a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Severak interviews first come two over the phone interview also basic questions such as what is your strongest and weakest strengths and what type I'd phones and applications are you familiar with then you get invited to an intensive typing and questionable test. And two face to face interviews be prepared for at least a one hour interview filled with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your coworker and how did you del with the situation?   1 Answer
    • Give us an example of how you would sell a product   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation great package!