Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Billings, MT) in June 2015.

Interview

The recruiter encouraged me to apply online. However, the recruiter was based out of Denver, CO, and could barely speak English, which raised a big red flag for me. Verizon are a bunch of idiots. You people need recruiters who can speak fluent English. Hiring illegals shows your lack of intelligence. Furthermore, I dropped your service. Verizon is very lousy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Basic interview questions

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Arlington, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online application, had two phone interviews and one in-person interview with General Manger. They did extensive background check. the back ground took at least three weeks. The whole process took over six weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Yorkville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Yorkville, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I originally wanted to work for this company but everytime I tried to apply online their system was down. Eventually they called me saying they saw my resume on careerbuilder.com the next day "Friday" I had an Interview with a store manager and his manager and I did great, they were really impressed by my interview and on Monday I got a call that they want to hire me and I accepted=)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

from not even applying, i will get paid very well and i know i can exceed their qoutas!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

Application input via web based robot. Contacted for a phone interview, all via email. Very impersonal and frustrating.

How do you hire someone for a sales position through a telephone screening interview. Maybe why VzW has such crappy customer service staff in their stores.

Interview Questions

• None. What was unexpected was the coldness of VzW's process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willmar, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Willmar, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

Online Application, Phone Interview, In person Interview

Interview Questions

• They ask Behavioral Based Interview Questions, "Name a time when a customer was angry, how did you remedy it."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied on September 12, 2012 for Verizon, 2 days later i received a call from a store manager to schedule an interview for the following week, I go to my 1 st interview and get the manager talks to me about the position and wat in consists of and then he ask me questions which were pretty simple to answer. A week later I get a call from HR to perform a pre screening interview over the phone and then a few hours later I get a call by the store manager to come in for a last minute interview while in transit to the interview I get a call from HR to verify I spoke spanish by asking me an interview question in spanish and having to answer it in spanish as well. When I finally get to the store for my interview the manager has me answer typical scenarios when dealing with customers all together and what I will do, after the interview the manager advises me that he will contact me in about 3 days after the interview and let me know if I'm proceeding to the next step he even advised me that he has been interviewing over 20 applicants which made my chances of getting the job low. After 3 days I never got a call from him and I decided to call HR to perform a follow up, the HR rep was very nice to me and gave me advice and it turned out the manager hasn't made up his decision yet so the HR rep advised me to send the manager a thank you letter via email, so I send that to the manager and a few days latter I get a call from the manager saying hes interested in getting me onboard (keep in mind this has been a month after I applied at Verizon) and I will get a call by HR. Days went by and nothing no calls no emails, so i decide to make follow up calls to HR and I was getting the same reply so I was giving up on them and felt played by Verizon, then finally last week I get a call by a recruiter and gives me the news that they are interested and are going to perform a drug screening and background check so i got excited and the recruiter even apologize for taking this long to bring me onboard this process took a bout a month in a half and felt forever. Im currently awaiting my background and drug test results, I know i passed the drug test but the background check is wat Im most worried about since I havent been lucky and failed 2 with 2 different bank companies last year and cant seem to give me a reason for why i failed them. I have no criminal record and I know i have good credit since I purchased a vehicle about 5 months ago. Im crossing m fingers and I am confident that I will pass. Overall Verizon has one of the longest hiring process I ever experienced It would be better if they can keep employees up to date and updated but then again Verizon gets thousands of applicants a day and there HR department rather spend most of their time dealing with there current employees and put less time on future candidates.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table? Please answer it in Spanish and Tell me a time when you helped a customer who could not communicate in english only spanish, what was the situation? what did you do to help the customer? and what was the outcome? please answer in spanish.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got the job offer and Im starting off with higher pay since I speak 2 languages. Verizon does take long to hire people and get back with you atleast based on my experience. Be patient and its good to do weekly follow ups to make sure they are still interested in you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Irvine, CA).

Interview

horrible, its all star format...and you must know someone to get the job

Interview Questions

• THey try to trick you by asking some negative and you are supposet to spin it into a possitve experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Greensboro, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

About two weeks after applying, received a phone call for a phone interview with HR. The last interview was in person with the first HR manager and the DM. Received a job offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• What would I like to learn while being with the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Louisville, KY) in September 2011.

Interview

phone interview, interview with the District Manager and Store Manager then i had to take a drug test and have my background checked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offer was made and then accepted