Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tucson, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online. After a few days, I received an email from a recruiter about scheduling a phone interview. During the phone interview they asked me questions about how I solved problems at work, and my experience at my previous jobs. After the phone interview I got a call the next day from a GM in a local store. They scheduled my interview for midday on a Saturday, which I thought was unusual but wasn't a problem. I met with two managers for my interview, the first one was all of the paper questions, stuff about previous jobs, questions I had, etc. The second manager had me do a role play of selling products to a customer. The interview was longer than other ones I have done before. It took about 2 hours. I am still waiting to hear back (it has only been 2 days).

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where there is no solution?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Asked a few questions. Nothing in more detail than when applying for a fast food job. They decide if they like you more than your skills. Saw plenty of interviews end with "I like this person, no experience but they seem nice"

Interview Questions

• A time when you had to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

The interview usually consists of at least 2 parts, sometimes more. The first is a phone interview with HR in which they ask a series of questions pertaining to past experiences, work availability, etc. The second is an in-store interview with the General Manager. During the second interview, you may be asked to role play scenarios depending on the Manager. Sometimes you are asked some of the same questions as you were during the HR Interview. Best piece of advice, when being interviewed, take some time after each questions to think about what you want to say. Verizon also likes the STAR format: Situation, Task, Action, Result, and better yet if the result is quantifiable.

Interview Questions

• Has there been a situation in which you had to overcome an obstacle? Describe the situation and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Framingham, MA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email just a few hours later from a recruiter stating to complete an assessment. Once I finished, she had me choose a date and time for a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of basic interview behavioral questions, as well as being able to sell a product that was given via email. In my case, I had to sell some bluetooth speakers and describe the key features. After the phone interview they notify you right away if they will schedule you in for an in-person interview. This notification is usually the same day as the phone interview or the day after. I met with the store manager for the in-person interview and the questions asked were essentially the same as the ones during the phone interview. Another role-playing session was also required in which I had to sell an iPhone. After the interview they will contact you in about 1-2 weeks as to whether or not you have been chosen. I am still waiting on my notification.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult or dissatisfied customer. What did you do?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

It was a mass interview. I had one interview by a manager and was offered the position. This was followed by a thorough background check and a drug screening. The whole process takes about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Pretend that you are the customer. Sale me a phone and service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from my recruiter, Shalanda Kelly-Galloway, approximately a week after. She explained that after reviewing my application she would like to schedule a phone interview with her the following day around 10:00 am and go in for an interview to the retail store the same day around 3:00 pm. She sent me an email confirming the schedule times, along with the company credo and the product of the month Verizon was selling and told me to review the information before both interviews.

The phone interview had two components to it. The first component was a review of my resume which included going over my resume and ensuring dates, job specifics, and education were all valid. Secondly, I was asked situational and behavioral questions in regards to previous work experiences. An example of a questions she asked was, "Explain a situation where you dealt with a dissatisfied customer and what did you do in order to right the situation". I was also asked about the company credo and to explain how the company credo would relate to me if I worked at Verizon Wireless. Thirdly, I was asked about my familiarity of technology and what I did to remain up to with technology. After completing the phone interview she thanked me for my time and she explained to me that during the interview I will be required to role play with an associate and attempt to sell a device to them. She expressed that it was important to relate to the customer in a personal way and told me that she was hoping she would get to call me again.

The interview at the store was at 3:00 where I arrived 30 minutes early and brought a copy of my resume with me. The store was very busy and within the first five minutes I approached an employee and explained that I was there for a scheduled interview. I waited around for another 25 minutes or so where I looked over the devices and familiarized myself with where specific products were in the store.

After the 25 minutes, the store manager greeted me, shook my hand, and brought me into the interview room where I met an additional three people which were also interviewing me. Two of them were the store managers, one was the district manager, and the last was a lady with over twenty years of experience working with Verizon. The last lady also brought a laptop with her which she set up in order to type out everything that I said during the interview. They asked me for my resume since four of them were going to be interviewing me and thanked me for bringing the extra copies. Although there were four people who were all interviewing me at the same time, occasionally stopping to ask questions individually, the store manager which I first met was the one who asked 75% of the questions. I was a little nervous at first and one of the store managers wrote something down while laughing on a piece of paper and slipped it to the District Manager which was a little irritating - but after about five minutes my nerves settled down. Some of the questions that I was asked included, "Why do you want to work for Verizon?", "Where do you see yourself in three to five years?", "Are you familiar with the latest devices we have and how do you keep yourself up to date with them?" "Have you ever been in an aggressive retail environment with strict quotas?" "Explain what the company credo means to you and how do you believe you will represent the credo while working for Verizon Wireless?" "Are you familiar with tablets?". They also asked me about three questions which they wanted me to answer in a specific format (STAR or STARR, I do not remember the specific acronym). Examples of which they asked included, "Explain a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.", "Explain a time where you had to train a fellow employee how to do something. How did you do it and what was the outcome?", and, "Provide us with a specific situation where a customer was upset and what did you do in order to improve the situation? Please explain the outcome."They then asked me if I had any questions for them at the end of the interview, which I had two to three.

Interview Questions

• "Explain a time where you had to train a fellow employee how to do something. How did you do it and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I got an email asking to set a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went well, they asked a lot about my past experience & the regular situational questions. The most difficult part I would say was trying to sell to the recruiter. At the end of the interview I was told that I will be moving forward on to a face to face interview. The store manager at my Verizon store called to set up an interview within the same week. The interview was pretty short. I got asked to go through my resume with them then again some situational questions, to my surprise I didn't not have to sell. Three days later I got a phone call offering me the job!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation I was happy with what was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Orange, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (West Orange, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

Well I applied on Sunday morning, heard back from a recriuter on Wednesday morning talked for a good 15 minutes and was offered the job immediately just from the phone call.....and hour later spoke to the regional manager on the phone and received an offer email being positive and upbeat actually helps with the interview process because you're just pretty much selling yourself just remain calm, sound appreciable and smile because that's what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Previous job history, what is your current position, and do you have background with technology?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Akron, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Basically it is the same as what everyone else says.
    First you get a phone interview then they send you to an in store interview. Both have behavior/situation questions and the in store interview you get 15 minutes to walk around the store and then you answer questions that present a person and what they need and you have to best identify what they might like and how you can sell it to them.
    Everyone I spoke to was extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• Once you walk the store the question are basically, A man who likes to travel and read and work out is planning a cross country trip. What products do you try to sell him?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Honolulu, HI) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Was emailed info about the company and also the product of the month. At the end of the phone interview I was told I would move on to an in person interview. I applied online and also talked to some reps at a job event. The interview was a mix questions, role plays and info about the job and perks. She was impressed by my role playing skills and told me that many people have big issues with it. Was told my next step would be in the store I applied for, it would be with that store GM and could be more people there also. She also told me about training dates and wanted to know if I would be open for these dates.

Interview Questions

• Had to role play to sell the product of the month.

Tell about a customer service experience that you recall.

Tell me about a stressful day at work and how you worked thru it
      Answer Question