Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

2.9

325 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Two males interviewed me for about 15-20 minutes to see if I had drive, genuine interest, and sales knowledge and experience dealing with the public. At the time I didn't even own a cell phone but was willing to learn and become one of the best employees

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself when it comes to making things happen that would be profitable for both yourself and your company and how would you align all of this with the overall customer experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Was a disappointing experience. I met in person for a face to face interview which went really well. I explained my work experience, post secondary education, and eagerness to get into tech sales. Manager seemed extremely interested to hire me and an offer was extended about a week later

The conflict came during the background check. On the web-based application I had indicated an associates degree (I have 63 hours of college credit and am scheduled to graduate at the end of the semester). The web-based application only gave the option of a 1) high school education, 2) associates degree, 3) bachelors degree, and so on. Many applications include a "some college" option. This did not. I clicked associates degree because I didn't want to deprive myself of the 63 hours I'd worked for. I clearly indicated on my resume that I was currently pursuing my associates and emphasized to the manager I interviewed with that I was still in school and would be receiving my degree in a couple of months. He'd said the fact I hadn't been awarded my degree yet was irrelevant due to my 6 years of work experience which qualified me for the position anyhow.

Unfortunately, the corporate hiring manager did not have the same mindset as the on-property hiring manager because she essentially accused me of "falsifying" my application. That put a bad taste in my mouth. I went ahead and accepted a different offer with a base pay twice what Verizon was offering.

No thanks Verizon. Please refrain from inadvertently calling someone a liar due to limitations on your wed-based application.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Filled out the application online. Next step was a phone interview. Following the phone interview was an interview at the sales location with the store manager. Questions were basic background questions and situational/behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richland, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Richland, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

The phone interview process was relatively simple. They asked a few questions about yourself, and why you'd want to work for verizon. And then they have you role play in a situation where your are the sales rep and the interviewer is a customer. You have to sell them a product that they are featuring for that month.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a company like Verizon   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Orange, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (East Orange, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on Indeed.com March 22nd, interviewed on March 29th. Spoke with manager for 10 minutes and it went well. He told me to call him at 3pm to discuss the results and next steps. After leaving a message that wasn't returned and no email returned after following up as well, it's clear management doesn't honor their word or respect anyone they ask to spend time and money to meet them. The disrespect is enough to recommend anyone to avoid the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that would help you be a good sales associate here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tucson, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online. After a few days, I received an email from a recruiter about scheduling a phone interview. During the phone interview they asked me questions about how I solved problems at work, and my experience at my previous jobs. After the phone interview I got a call the next day from a GM in a local store. They scheduled my interview for midday on a Saturday, which I thought was unusual but wasn't a problem. I met with two managers for my interview, the first one was all of the paper questions, stuff about previous jobs, questions I had, etc. The second manager had me do a role play of selling products to a customer. The interview was longer than other ones I have done before. It took about 2 hours. I am still waiting to hear back (it has only been 2 days).

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where there is no solution?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Asked a few questions. Nothing in more detail than when applying for a fast food job. They decide if they like you more than your skills. Saw plenty of interviews end with "I like this person, no experience but they seem nice"

Interview Questions

• A time when you had to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

The interview usually consists of at least 2 parts, sometimes more. The first is a phone interview with HR in which they ask a series of questions pertaining to past experiences, work availability, etc. The second is an in-store interview with the General Manager. During the second interview, you may be asked to role play scenarios depending on the Manager. Sometimes you are asked some of the same questions as you were during the HR Interview. Best piece of advice, when being interviewed, take some time after each questions to think about what you want to say. Verizon also likes the STAR format: Situation, Task, Action, Result, and better yet if the result is quantifiable.

Interview Questions

• Has there been a situation in which you had to overcome an obstacle? Describe the situation and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Framingham, MA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email just a few hours later from a recruiter stating to complete an assessment. Once I finished, she had me choose a date and time for a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of basic interview behavioral questions, as well as being able to sell a product that was given via email. In my case, I had to sell some bluetooth speakers and describe the key features. After the phone interview they notify you right away if they will schedule you in for an in-person interview. This notification is usually the same day as the phone interview or the day after. I met with the store manager for the in-person interview and the questions asked were essentially the same as the ones during the phone interview. Another role-playing session was also required in which I had to sell an iPhone. After the interview they will contact you in about 1-2 weeks as to whether or not you have been chosen. I am still waiting on my notification.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult or dissatisfied customer. What did you do?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

It was a mass interview. I had one interview by a manager and was offered the position. This was followed by a thorough background check and a drug screening. The whole process takes about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Pretend that you are the customer. Sale me a phone and service.   Answer Question