Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Honolulu, HI) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Was emailed info about the company and also the product of the month. At the end of the phone interview I was told I would move on to an in person interview. I applied online and also talked to some reps at a job event. The interview was a mix questions, role plays and info about the job and perks. She was impressed by my role playing skills and told me that many people have big issues with it. Was told my next step would be in the store I applied for, it would be with that store GM and could be more people there also. She also told me about training dates and wanted to know if I would be open for these dates.

Interview Questions

• Had to role play to sell the product of the month.

Tell about a customer service experience that you recall.

Tell me about a stressful day at work and how you worked thru it
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job, then received an e-mail requesting a phone interview. The phone interviewer was very.. "confrontational" with me. She made the role playing very awkward and was not really "playing ball" with me. Overall pretty negative experience.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Lenghty and required a role play and some very awkward questions, and very unprofessional people. District leadership is always involved and does not like you if you are not her favorite. Sometimes not even calling people back to give feedback.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Davenport, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

Before I get into anything, my first word of advice is to not get your hopes up.

They began with a phone call interview that took about 45 minutes, they ask questions relating to sales, as well as 2 different role playing situations. Make SURE to study your e-mail that is sent to you from HR. This will include the Verizon Credo (this is HUGE to them) as well as a product of the month. While you're interviewing over the phone, make sure you have studied up.

I was then asked to do a face to face interview a few days later. When I arrived at the store, they immediately let me know that the position was no longer available. This position had been put "on hold" in the meantime, and I was told I would have to do the process ALL OVER AGAIN in a few months. Absolute waste of time, and not once was I informed that the position was filled until I had arrived fully prepared for a full interview.

Interview Questions

• What process do you take in a sales situation? The only question they asked before informing me that I was wasting my time, and would have to do the process all over again. Ridiculous.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Birmingham, AL) in January 2016.

Interview

Typical company interview process. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. The hiring process was very swift and less stressful than what I expected. Throughout the process my point of contact was extremely helpful, readily available to answer any questions I had as well as easy to contact. Typically, 2-3 interviews before receiving an offer is the standard.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and what steps were taken to resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I actually applied to two different positions in the company and conducted phone interviews with two different hiring personnel and wow, was that a terrible experience. After conducting interviews myself in previous jobs and going through the hiring process of other companies, Verizon by far stands out as the worst. Typically hiring managers are personable, ingratiating people. Interviews can be stressful and nerve-racking so they have a sense of calm and positivity - but not Verizon. Both Hiring Managers I spoke with were coarse and overly blunt. They acted more from the perspective of disqualifying a candidate than cultivating a great one. They sounded bored, blunt, and down-right antagonistic. I can't believe I ran into this twice.

I'm sure Verizon might be a fine company to work for and has great products and service, but they need to wipe out their Los Angeles area hiring staff. They have no idea how to bring in candidates, and I was an employee referral! Also, I was promised a call back on a certain day and never received one from the second interview. Not even an email. Completely unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

First I applied online and it took about a month and a half to hear back. But, I once I heard back from Verizon, the process proceeded very rapidly. First, there was a phone interview where I was given more in-depth details about the job, followed by some STAR format questions, and the a roleplay based on a product that was sent to my email beforehand. I was told over the phone that my application would be forwarded to the next round of the process. It took about a week to hear back from a hiring manager regarding a face to face interview.

The interview was originally scheduled for one store but, I later received a phone call that several hiring managers in the area would be attending my interview. The face to face interview was fairly straight forward. I was asked some STAR formatted questions, asked to describe myself, asked about the credo, and then told to go on the floor and familiarize myself with the products and I would have to try and sell a phone to one of the hiring managers.

I felt very confident throughout the whole interview process thanks to the insider information I had received on glassdoor. At the end of the interview I was told that I would be contacted at the end of the next week regarding my interview. Instead I was contacted just two days later with an offer of employment. Essentially, I crushed the interview and they could not wait to extend me an offer!

Interview Questions

• Why Verizon?

Now, that you know more about credo what does it mean to you and why is it important to follow as an employee?

Tell about a time where you stood out from the crowd? (I was told to think outside the box and draw on an experience that was not necessarily job related)

Tell us about a time where you dealt with a difficult customer? What was the situation? How did you handle it? And what was the outcome?

Why IPhone? And what are the benefits of having both an IPhone and and IPad?

Tell us any sales experience you have?

Do you feel comfortable meeting a sales target?
      Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2015.

Interview

Entire Process took several weeks. I applied online. The next day I got an email from a recruiter wanting to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for a few days later. During this time, I was supposed to review the handouts they sent me that included their Credo and product of the month. During the phone interview, they asked you basic STAR questions, asked you what stood out in the Credo, and had you sell the product of the month to them in a role-playing scenario (one scenario was with a high-tech customer while the other with a low-tech customer). The overall interview lasted about 35 minutes. The following week, I got a call from the manager of the store I applied to to set up a face-to-face interview. The manager seemed really busy and didn't want to be bothered with the interview, so it was actually a pretty short interview--no more than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Verizon Wireless?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Des Plaines, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I filled up my application online and I was contacted the very best day by a really nice lady that guide me thru the whole process, we scheduled an interview for the day after. She was really polite and ask me a lot of questions, since I talk Spanish she will ask some in English and some in Spanish, at the end of the interview she told me she would like for me to meet with a manager in the northbrook location, she told me they will call me, 3 days later a manager from the store contacted me, he was not professional it sounded like he was just doing this for the heck of it. I agreed to meet 2 days later and I went in to the store, the lady on the phone told me to go with professional attire which I did to my surprise everyone in that store was not professional, they were waiting sweat pants and sneakers, I waited almost 25 minutes to be seen by the manager, she wasn't in professional attire either, I went into the office but I could see she wasn't interested because she didn't asked hard questions, maybe because of my race. Since I was Hispanic and only white peoplE worked at that store When we finished the interview she just said she didn't have any more questions, I wish I had a better experience in the store as I did over the phone. Or maybe they need better hiring managers I will go to AT&T and see what happens

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when u had to deal with a difficult Customer?   Answer Question
    • Why would you like to work at Verizon?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to work in project where you had some amount of time to complete it?   Answer Question
    • Have u ever worked in a sales environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied Oct 15, took online assessment, received an email 2 days later wanting to schedule a phone interview, I scheduled it a week later. The email included company information, credo and a feature product that you would need to research and know about it prior to the interview . Phone interview goes through what is the position about, what they are looking for, your recent employment history, education background and interview was pretty standard (be ready to role play). The call lasted over an hour. After that, if you were selected, a face to face interview with a store General Manager will be schedule. During this interview you will be ask to role play on the sales floor and you will go through similar stuff that you went through the phone interview. Before wrapping up the interview, I got a tour of the store and showed me what their metrics and goals look like ( At this point I knew it was a good sign ) and walked out after an hour. Received a call 2 days later stating that the manager was interested in hiring me and got a job offer that included salary and compensation breakdown; however, the offer was contingent until background and drug test cleared. I rushed to complete those 2 on the same day (Tuesday). On Monday at 9 am i received an email stating that everything cleared and I was good to go. Whole process took close to 3 weeks. I would recommend you make sure you put accurate dates on prior employment and education history since they will check everything you stated in your resume. Accurate dates make the background check run smoothly.