Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.9

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2015.

Interview

Filled out a lengthy application followed by an hour long assessment, got an email a few days later from HR rep to set up preliminary phone interview. Two attachments were in the email as well, one about Verizon CREDO, and one item you had to sell (UE boom speaker). Interviewer called on time, really nice, asked only 4-5 behavioral questions followed by sale role play (how would you sell this to someone who knows about tech and how to someone who doesn't know about tech). She immediately pushed me forward for a 1 on 1. Another recruiter (or DM not sure) texted me and asked which locations id be willing to work at, the more the better. About 4 days after that text I got a call from the district manager asking me to come in to a different store, to sit down with her and another manager. Did that today, they were EXTREMELY nice, he read questions of a tablet and typed them in, past experiences, what you did, responsibilities, the CREDO, then behavioral questions, THEN the role play..... he asked me to go outside in the store and familiarize myself with the products for 3-5 minutes, he then acted like a customer and I had to sell him a new phone, think I bombed that part. After the sales role play he sat me down and asked me what motivates me, whats my passion, do you really want this job. Even though I did terrible on the role play he said hell push my resume through and recommend me, not sure what that means but he was one of the nicest guys I've ever met, and gave me some great life advice, waiting to hear back, will update if hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Specific time you handled pressure IN DETAIL PLEASE
    Why work retail, and why Verizon
    What stood out to you about the CREDO
    A time you exceeded expectations for a customer IN DETAIL PLEASE
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

After a very lengthy application and assessment test, I got an email from HR a few days later congratulating me with some info about the company and position. We set up a phone interview, and with some paperwork about their accessory of the month. Phone interview was pleasant, basic behavioral questions, then a fake sale on the accessory. I was then scheduled for an in store interview at a location i hadn't applied for, which I didn't mind. I did my research I knew what was expected and the interview was normal up till again, the fake sale. Now I probably would have aced it if i had been trained or given more information. He sat me in a backroom, read off a sheet who he was and what he wanted in a phone, and I had to pitch to him a phone and why it would fit his needs. Then he listed off a situation where i was to recomend a different accessory, but they were very much oddly specific, and with no training or knowledge of every one of their hundreds of accessories I probably blew that part.

Interview Questions

• I like to play video games on my phone, first person shooters, what can you recomend.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

A lot of situational questions. Had me pitch a current product. Dug into previous experience. Normal interview questions. Lasted 2 hours...I guess it was a hiring event so I met quite a few people. Very big on credo

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screening and the met with store managers. I felt that they were not interested in technical background. There is a emphasis on sales skills. Were honest about it being a somewhat micro-managed environment. Very casual, versus professional, attire and interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Fontana, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

i had a vp and current store manager interview me, and they were both nice, and welcoming. they stated what needed to be done and what to avoid and asked if i had any questions

Interview Questions

• how well do you work with strangers   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

You will have two interviews with HR over the phone, then you will have a face to face interview with the store manager and possibly the area manager. If they like you then HR will contact you will the information on pay rate and information on completing your background check.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me to do during an interview is they picked a random item and had me to "sell" it to them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Salem, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

Phase 1: Applied on Friday Aug. 21st than got an email to do the assessment following the application, which was kind of long but I guess I passed because than I received another email from the phone interviewer. On Monday Aug. 24th received an email from an HR regional interviewer asking me to schedule a time for an interview. Scheduled one for the next day and he called give or take 5-10 minutes late, but it wasn't a problem for me.

Phase 2: Phone interview was straight forward make sure to know the product they send you and read/watch the videos and PDF files they send you. He asked about the CREDO so know it. He was easy to talk to and the call lasted 27 minutes. He said he wanted to do a same day interview after we got off the phone at 1pm to come in at 4pm and the store manager would call me. Never received a call so called back the recruiter and he apologized but said I should be hearing from the store manager in 2 days or less.

Phase 3: Received a call the next day to have my interview schedule for Friday the 28th. My interview face to face was interesting to say the least. Scheduled at 3:30 I wasn't interviewed till 4:45 and it only took 15 minutes or less. Questions were basic like: Have you worked with a commission job? Have you worked in a job where you had to meet a quota? Explain a situation where a customer was mad and how you resolved it? What kind of technology have you worked with? What is your sales experience? Why are you interested in Verizon? Explain a situation where an employee was being untrustworthy and how you resolved it? Etc. It was more like they were taking notes and I was just sitting there answering the questions.

Overall,
    It was a quick process but I think its because training is 5 weeks and they need someone trained by the holidays. They need to hire someone by September 7th which is a week from tomorrow, so hopefully I will hear form them this week to offer me a position. I think they were well organized, but I wasn't as prepared for them as I thought I would have been. It hasn't been as lengthy of an experience for me as other reviewers. The recruiter and hiring manager were both really cool and told me I could call or text if I had any questions or concerns. I will be calling by Wednesday if I dont hear from them. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in sales?
      How would you deal with an angry customer?
      Why do you want to work for Verizon?
      Explain when you had to deal with a difficult employee who was being untrustworthy and stealing.
      Explain when you had to troubleshoot an issue.
      Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2015.

Interview

Got an email asking to schedule a phone interview. Human Resources called on time (give or take five minutes) and the call lasted about thirty-five minutes. Went over the basics (background history including education and past work experience). Passed and scheduled a face-to-face interview. Have yet to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you may have disagreed with the manager.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2015.

Interview

Originally applied online for the customer service position because the sales position wasn't available. Completed a online personality assessment. Received an email to schedule a phone interview for a few days later.

Was informed during the phone interview that the sales position is available so we postponed my phone interview. Applied for the sales position and completed the online personality assessment. Emailed the recruiter to let her know it was completed and she called me the next day to schedule a phone interview the next day.

My sales representative phone interview was rough because I could hardly understand her. I think she was doing it on purpose to test my patience. I was very professional and did the best with what I could. My cellphone service is pretty bad in my apartment but then again I think she just wasn't talking very loudly or clearly. I did a sales pitch for a product that was for a techy person and a non techy person. We also talked about Verizon credo and I answered a few questions involving difficult customers at my previous job. She then informed me a sales manager would call me to setup a in-store interview.

The sales manager called a few days later and scheduled my interview. I think it was a very easy going interview. He typed what I said as my answers to his questions regarding experience I have in sales. He told me he would call in a couple days to let me know and didn't.

I called a couple times to follow up on my interview to the store. I emailed the recruiter and she was on vacation. Two weeks later and there was still no reply so I followed up by emailing the recruiter again. She called me and mentioned she liked my determination and that I will receive a call from the in-store manager for another interview.

A couple days later the in-store manager called for a second interview. The next day I met two more managers. They asked me questions regarding sales goals in my last job. They said they would call by the end of the week.

Anonymous Employee in Statesboro, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Statesboro, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

1st interview: It went as any interview would, behavioral questions. At the end, I was asked to sell them my phone.

2nd: area manager: Pretty much the same questions. We kind of got off topic.

3rd: store captain: I was asked over 50 questions. One question asked, "who is your role model?"

Negotiation

there wasn't a negotiation phase.