Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.9

327 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

First I applied online and it took about a month and a half to hear back. But, I once I heard back from Verizon, the process proceeded very rapidly. First, there was a phone interview where I was given more in-depth details about the job, followed by some STAR format questions, and the a roleplay based on a product that was sent to my email beforehand. I was told over the phone that my application would be forwarded to the next round of the process. It took about a week to hear back from a hiring manager regarding a face to face interview.

The interview was originally scheduled for one store but, I later received a phone call that several hiring managers in the area would be attending my interview. The face to face interview was fairly straight forward. I was asked some STAR formatted questions, asked to describe myself, asked about the credo, and then told to go on the floor and familiarize myself with the products and I would have to try and sell a phone to one of the hiring managers.

I felt very confident throughout the whole interview process thanks to the insider information I had received on glassdoor. At the end of the interview I was told that I would be contacted at the end of the next week regarding my interview. Instead I was contacted just two days later with an offer of employment. Essentially, I crushed the interview and they could not wait to extend me an offer!

Interview Questions

• Why Verizon?

Now, that you know more about credo what does it mean to you and why is it important to follow as an employee?

Tell about a time where you stood out from the crowd? (I was told to think outside the box and draw on an experience that was not necessarily job related)

Tell us about a time where you dealt with a difficult customer? What was the situation? How did you handle it? And what was the outcome?

Why IPhone? And what are the benefits of having both an IPhone and and IPad?

Tell us any sales experience you have?

Do you feel comfortable meeting a sales target?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2015.

Interview

Entire Process took several weeks. I applied online. The next day I got an email from a recruiter wanting to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for a few days later. During this time, I was supposed to review the handouts they sent me that included their Credo and product of the month. During the phone interview, they asked you basic STAR questions, asked you what stood out in the Credo, and had you sell the product of the month to them in a role-playing scenario (one scenario was with a high-tech customer while the other with a low-tech customer). The overall interview lasted about 35 minutes. The following week, I got a call from the manager of the store I applied to to set up a face-to-face interview. The manager seemed really busy and didn't want to be bothered with the interview, so it was actually a pretty short interview--no more than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Verizon Wireless?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Des Plaines, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I filled up my application online and I was contacted the very best day by a really nice lady that guide me thru the whole process, we scheduled an interview for the day after. She was really polite and ask me a lot of questions, since I talk Spanish she will ask some in English and some in Spanish, at the end of the interview she told me she would like for me to meet with a manager in the northbrook location, she told me they will call me, 3 days later a manager from the store contacted me, he was not professional it sounded like he was just doing this for the heck of it. I agreed to meet 2 days later and I went in to the store, the lady on the phone told me to go with professional attire which I did to my surprise everyone in that store was not professional, they were waiting sweat pants and sneakers, I waited almost 25 minutes to be seen by the manager, she wasn't in professional attire either, I went into the office but I could see she wasn't interested because she didn't asked hard questions, maybe because of my race. Since I was Hispanic and only white peoplE worked at that store When we finished the interview she just said she didn't have any more questions, I wish I had a better experience in the store as I did over the phone. Or maybe they need better hiring managers I will go to AT&T and see what happens

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when u had to deal with a difficult Customer?   Answer Question
    • Why would you like to work at Verizon?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to work in project where you had some amount of time to complete it?   Answer Question
    • Have u ever worked in a sales environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied Oct 15, took online assessment, received an email 2 days later wanting to schedule a phone interview, I scheduled it a week later. The email included company information, credo and a feature product that you would need to research and know about it prior to the interview . Phone interview goes through what is the position about, what they are looking for, your recent employment history, education background and interview was pretty standard (be ready to role play). The call lasted over an hour. After that, if you were selected, a face to face interview with a store General Manager will be schedule. During this interview you will be ask to role play on the sales floor and you will go through similar stuff that you went through the phone interview. Before wrapping up the interview, I got a tour of the store and showed me what their metrics and goals look like ( At this point I knew it was a good sign ) and walked out after an hour. Received a call 2 days later stating that the manager was interested in hiring me and got a job offer that included salary and compensation breakdown; however, the offer was contingent until background and drug test cleared. I rushed to complete those 2 on the same day (Tuesday). On Monday at 9 am i received an email stating that everything cleared and I was good to go. Whole process took close to 3 weeks. I would recommend you make sure you put accurate dates on prior employment and education history since they will check everything you stated in your resume. Accurate dates make the background check run smoothly.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online on 29 September, received a phone call to schedule phone interview on 1 October. Phone interview was 2 Oct, they will send you a email with information you need to become familiar with, this includes a flyer of the product of the month. You will need to know about the product because you will role play with the interviewer. You will also answer the standard STAR questions. If all goes well they will call you for a face to face interview, mine was on 7 Oct. Same type of questions and another role play scenario. My role play was the following day on the 8th. Interview went well and was very relaxed, was told I should here something pretty quick, based on the interview I would say I should get an offer. Well here is to hoping.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2015.

Interview

Filled out a lengthy application followed by an hour long assessment, got an email a few days later from HR rep to set up preliminary phone interview. Two attachments were in the email as well, one about Verizon CREDO, and one item you had to sell (UE boom speaker). Interviewer called on time, really nice, asked only 4-5 behavioral questions followed by sale role play (how would you sell this to someone who knows about tech and how to someone who doesn't know about tech). She immediately pushed me forward for a 1 on 1. Another recruiter (or DM not sure) texted me and asked which locations id be willing to work at, the more the better. About 4 days after that text I got a call from the district manager asking me to come in to a different store, to sit down with her and another manager. Did that today, they were EXTREMELY nice, he read questions of a tablet and typed them in, past experiences, what you did, responsibilities, the CREDO, then behavioral questions, THEN the role play..... he asked me to go outside in the store and familiarize myself with the products for 3-5 minutes, he then acted like a customer and I had to sell him a new phone, think I bombed that part. After the sales role play he sat me down and asked me what motivates me, whats my passion, do you really want this job. Even though I did terrible on the role play he said hell push my resume through and recommend me, not sure what that means but he was one of the nicest guys I've ever met, and gave me some great life advice, waiting to hear back, will update if hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Specific time you handled pressure IN DETAIL PLEASE
      Why work retail, and why Verizon
      What stood out to you about the CREDO
      A time you exceeded expectations for a customer IN DETAIL PLEASE   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

After a very lengthy application and assessment test, I got an email from HR a few days later congratulating me with some info about the company and position. We set up a phone interview, and with some paperwork about their accessory of the month. Phone interview was pleasant, basic behavioral questions, then a fake sale on the accessory. I was then scheduled for an in store interview at a location i hadn't applied for, which I didn't mind. I did my research I knew what was expected and the interview was normal up till again, the fake sale. Now I probably would have aced it if i had been trained or given more information. He sat me in a backroom, read off a sheet who he was and what he wanted in a phone, and I had to pitch to him a phone and why it would fit his needs. Then he listed off a situation where i was to recomend a different accessory, but they were very much oddly specific, and with no training or knowledge of every one of their hundreds of accessories I probably blew that part.

Interview Questions

• I like to play video games on my phone, first person shooters, what can you recomend.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

A lot of situational questions. Had me pitch a current product. Dug into previous experience. Normal interview questions. Lasted 2 hours...I guess it was a hiring event so I met quite a few people. Very big on credo

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screening and the met with store managers. I felt that they were not interested in technical background. There is a emphasis on sales skills. Were honest about it being a somewhat micro-managed environment. Very casual, versus professional, attire and interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Fontana, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

i had a vp and current store manager interview me, and they were both nice, and welcoming. they stated what needed to be done and what to avoid and asked if i had any questions

Interview Questions

• how well do you work with strangers   1 Answer