Verizon Wireless Retail Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Retail Store Manager Interview Questions

3.1

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

This was the third position I applied for - I had two previous promotions. I will describe each:
- Assistant Store Manager: Very long process. I interviewed with HR first (phone screening) and then waited for a number of weeks before being called for a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face was with 2 interviewers and the questions were extremely difficult. They were almost all situational, and some were hard to understand. We also had to do a mock sales presentation. I must have done well enough though, because I was selected to have another interview with the DM. I again did some roll playing (which I never did before) and ended up getting the position. The entire process took 4 months.

- Business Sales Executive: The Sales Manager I was interviewing with was in southern NJ and I had to drive several hours to meet with him. Again the interview was a lot of situational questions, but this process was very quick. It was with just one person and it was very conversational. I received this job as well.

- Retail Store Manager: This was a very tough interview. First interview was with the DM where I had to not only answer many situational questions, but also had to present an annual action plan, which was picked apart. I passed through this level and then interviewed with the Regional Sales Director and the Regional HR Director. I also received this job.

The good thing about the interview processes, is that they use consistent interview guides. Once you get used to the VZW style, the interview Q&A section isn't so bad.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember exactly; however, they were all situational questions. Such as, "Tell me about you mentored a coworker. How did you mentor them and what as the outcome?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Too long and not in a positive environment. I wasn't able to interview with the District Manager to get a sense of the entire team, not just the store. The HR component of the interview was too generic and broad and not about the job that I was applying for so it didn't make sense to me about what they wanted. The transition between the HR team and the store team took way too long and it was like they didn't speak so I had to start over.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

must apply online at verizonwireless.com and go to career.

Recruiter will call to extend an interview invitation or you will receive a decline letter

you will be asked a number of "scenario questions", ei. "what would you do if...." or "tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?" etc.

Hiring is really left up to the District Manager, seldom left up to the actual store manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to bend the rules to accomplish something?   1 Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Interview

I went through numerous interviews with different people from the HR department and from Retail Channel. A lot of redundant questions from multiple people. I went through 5 or 6 interviews all together.

Interview Questions

• There are many questions that they choose from. They follow STAR   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are no negotiations for salary. They will pay you like a first time manager if you are a first time manager with Verizon regardless of previous experience.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Depending on the district might be 1 -3 interviews, have your stuff ready and know how you will change it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing it's a take it or leave it style of job

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Denver, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

the interview was a long process. They took awhile to get back to me from the time i submitted my resume to the time of the actual interview. then they had me interview with three different managers and upper managers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Timonium, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

behavioral questions, background questions

Interview Questions

• talk to me about a time when you had to determine staffing based on FTE   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Star format. Situational type questions. It is important to be very detailed and provide specific and relevant responses.
    Ensure to have an 30-60-90 day action plan
    I obtained the position after a week

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had to motivate others to exceed quota   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2008.

Interview

I first had phone screening from HR recruiter, then panel interview which ranges from two to three Managers then 1:1 interview with Superior Background/Drug test, Offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

They usually hire Store Managers within the company. You apply, and prepare a 30-60-90 day plan for the store you are applying for. They usually have 2 people interviewing you and they will ask for you to tell them about your plan and why you want to focus on those items. They ask you about your performance and what you will bring to the table