Verizon Wireless Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard with a few tough questions throughout. Overall one of the better interviews that I have experienced. I would give strong encouragement to anyone who is looking to work for this company to give it a shot the interviews are informal and fun if you have a strong knowledge of tech

Interview Questions

• What kind of phone do you currently have?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty standard. From the time I submitted my application to my first phone interview was about a week and a half.

Phone interview went well. They wanted to make sure that we understood the Verizon Credo. We went through some pretty standard sales interview questions and had a small role play at the end. This segment went really well for me. And the interviewer even discussed a possibility of applying to work with her in B to B sales.

In-Person interview was one of the most unprofessional things I've been through in my adult career. After scheduling a week ahead of time and verifying the time to arrive, I was informed that they were not expecting me. They had to go and find a manager to do the interview. The questions consisted of about the same standard questions, but it was clear that the managers who were interviewing had no concept of business to businesses sales experience. The manager heard only what he wanted to hear and rushed through the process. At no point did I feel welcome or heard during this interview. The perfect example was when asked about a time when a customer was unhappy and I retained the sale; How did I do it? I talked for about 4 minutes about different custom solutions that I put in place in order to increase our net profit. The followup question was "Did you offer a discount?" They were on a pricing agreement so I shared that negotiations were part of the portfolio of solutions. The man said "So basically you gave the customer a discount?"

The man wasn't interested in hearing what was being said and clearly had his mind made up before I stepped foot into the interview. Perhaps being overdressed in a suit and tie was my mistake.

In any case. The job offer was not extended after this mockery of an interview.

Overall, I would say that up until the in person interview, this was a positive experience. But with a lack of understanding of sales and no sales scenario during the in person, I'm glad I didn't take this job.

Interview Questions

• Explain what the Verizon Credo means to you.   1 Answer
    • Explain a time when a customer felt like their needs were not being met. What did you do, and what was the outcome of the situation.   1 Answer
    • What makes you more qualified than anyone else applying for this position?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Got a phone call to interview with the recruiter. He asked several questions about your experience and what do you know about the company. The process takes about a week.
    Questions: Tell us about your customer service experience; What do you know about the company? Select three words to describe yourself.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online through their website. The manager called me back approximately a month after submitting application to schedule a phone interview. She said that if I made it past that interview she would schedule one more with the other manager.

Interview Questions

• What sparked your interest in working for Verizon Wireless?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Boise, ID) in January 2016.

Interview

Tell me an example of when this happened what did you do? Had a phone screen first where the HR guy basically insulted me by stating based on your years of retail exp and leadership roles as a sales trainer I see no reason why we would offer you more than 11.55 an hour. Went into the store had an even better exp with some guy and gal who had less exp in sales than me and no education either. Main question assistant manager had was how would I respond to her feedback seeing how it was obvious I was on a whole another level of exp, education and performance. I realize I sound arrogant but what I am getting at is at Verizon they dont want talent they want people they can train and control not individuals who can take the store to the next level they cant get it to. If this is your first sales job you should apply if not then probably save yourself the time because they wont offer any pay you can live on.

Interview Questions

• Whats the credo mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (North Sacramento, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Apply online. Get the call. 15 min phone interview then an online assessment. In person interview then 2nd interview. My interview went from a first to a second during an hour. Background check, drug test and I was in.

Interview Questions

• The usual... Tell of a time when...   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. As a rule, everyone should know to never talk money unless there is an offer on the table. With Verizon, the hiring hour rate is equal across the board. I tried, NO negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Got an initial call and did a mass group interview in a large room where other people were interviewing. Got a call offering me the job a few days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (El Paso, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Probably worst place I have interviewed for! The lady was late about 15 minutes from the time she said she would call. While asking me questions she would cut me off and say, "Please hold on... Ok continue" throwing off the vibe. Didn't get back to me. I called and did a follow up email to her to ask her what the status was. She never followed up! A month and a half later a different recruiter called me and had no recollection of the interview. Needless to say, still waiting for an answer from the second person. I'll decline if offered because if that's what the beginning looks like, I can imagine working there.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Standard list of questions that are read and answers written down. Very mechanical. Lost of tell me about a time when scenario questions. Seems they are looking for specific workd, phrases, or feedback, but you as an interviewie have no idea what it is. You may have experienced, and did it, but the questions are so open, you may miss it in discussion, and they don't ask for it...

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in November 2014.

Interview

I went to look for a job and was given a flyer for the Verizon job fair, they did interviews on the spot and that's as high as I got

Interview Questions

• what separates you from other perspective applicants?   1 Answer