Verizon Wireless Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Honolulu, HI) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online and successfully passed the initial screening/filtering. Phone calls were made to previous employers, referrals, and myself for a background check; credit score as well. Received an appointment for an onsite interview, where you have a one on one with a store manager. Requested drug test immediately after passing the one on one interview with a 24 hour window.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous employment? Try and sell me this pen? Try and sell me a stapler?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

First is a hour long phone interview with Human Resources, asks the typical STAR questions:
    Typical behavioral interview questions (answered in STAR format)
    - Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer
    - Tell me about a time when you had to build trust with a customer
    - Tell me about a time when you had to forego doing something for a customer that would have helped your business but was against company policy
    - Tell me about a situation where you met both a short term and long term goal

After that had interview with a manager of a store, asks you to role play and sell something that would benefit the customer. Asks what you like and don't like retail, (don't say you hate retail hours).

After that recieved offer, the whole process took a very long time however, applied on-line got a phone call a month later to set up a phone interview two weeks after that, after the phone interview about 2 weeks later was asked to do the interview with a manager. Finally, about a month later I recieved an offer. Applied in April finally got the offer in June.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to forego doing something for a customer that would have helped your business but was against company policy   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

They use the SAR process. Make sure that you have a situation that you can speak on. Also they love presentations while interviewing

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't agree with what a coworker did and what you did about it   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

All online, then phone interview then you meet with store manager.

Anonymous Employee in Flanders, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Flanders, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was simple. I was asked about my background, sales experience (which I didn't have), my goals in life, and whether I would be comfortable cold-calling. To end the interview, he had me sell him a marker he had on his desk.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

The recruiter I spoke with was extremely professional and recommended me for an interview. However, when I went in to the interview I met with two store managers who answered their texts while I was answering a question and one of them even checked sports scores on his computer while I was speaking in response to one of HIS questions. I've never felt so degraded in a job interview and plan not to apply again.

Interview Questions

• I don't even remember the questions now, it was all I could do not to yell at them.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Interview with HR over phone. Then met with Store Manager. Store Manager called to offer position within 1 week. Very smooth.

Interview Questions

• They ask STAR format questions. Give me a situation type questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not neg.

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Allentown, PA).

Interview

very good interview prossess

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Normal, phone and 2 interviews

Interview Questions

• Normal interview q's, what do you have to offer verizon   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation corporate ladder

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

phone interview then 2-3 interviews after that. i had 1 interview cause i knew the right person. which is NOT the right way to do things.

Interview Questions

• pretty standard stuff, overcome objections and whatnot   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation was allowed