Verizon Wireless Solution Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Solution Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

162 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Local recruiter contacted via email for phone interview after application process. Materials such as company credo, position responsibilities, and product of the month were emailed in advanced. Questions during the interview were related to the material.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Panama City, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

First interview is with HR on phone. If you get to the next, it with store managers, typically two in tandem. The will take good notes and ask many questions. They will let you spend time on the floor and then allow you to sell them something.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, situational, and role play.   1 Answer

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with roleplay involved is the first step. I interviewed initially with the Charleston Store. I thought it went well. I called the recruiter every week and a half after. He told me about a month later that they hired someone from the inside but because he liked me he would keep my application for other locations. He allowed me to interview with the mount pleasant store. A couple days later I got the "thanks but no thanks" email. The same say I got a phone call from the Charleston Store asking for a second interview. (this is a total of a month and a half, or more, later) of course I agreed. I had my second interview on a Friday and the recruiter called me on Monday with the offer. The recruiter is your main point of contact. It's very important to impress the recruiter. BE PREPARED FOR ROLEPLAY! STUDY THE CREDO. They do ask about it alot.

Interview Questions

• Alot of situational questions. (what was the issue? How did you solve it? What was the result?)   Answer Question

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Watertown, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position and received an email for the Talent Acquisition person the same day to set up a phone interview. She then sent me an email of the company credo, a link to a YouTube video about the position I was applying for, and an attachment of the product of the month she wanted me to sell to her. Our phone interview lasted 80 minutes with the usual questions (see below) and then we did a role playing exercise where I had to sell the product. Two scenarios: sell to a customer who tech savvy and one who isn't. After the interview she told me I would be moving on to the next round which was an interview with the Store Manager a week later. The store manager was a cool guy and we spent most of the interview talking about the company and my experiences and shared a few stories about our kids and spouses. It was more a conversation that lasted 90 minutes. We had a lot in common and really clicked. He asked me similar situational questions as my phone interview. Then told me he was impressed and I would move on to the third round where I come in to sell a product to him and the management team. However, he was on a deadline to fill the position so a week later he calls me after concluding the rest of his interviews to tell me he had chose me and would not put me through a third interview unless necessary by HR. Best advice I have is be prepared and sell yourself. Talk about all the skills you possess related to the position and use the situational questions to demonstrated how you would provide exceptional customer service while closing a sell. Research the products they send in the attachment and see what everyone likes and don't like about it. Key to selling is finding out how the product will fit into a customer's daily life so probe the "customer" about their needs and try to tie it back to the product.

Interview Questions

• What about our credo stood out to you?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you are a better candidate than the other people from your company I hired in the past?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you had to provide exceptional customer service in a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY).

Interview

i applied online on their website. i was contacted by HR about a phone interview. the phone interview was brief and about their "credo." An in person interview was scheduled with a store manager and assistant manager.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview by a recruiter. Typical background questions and sales role play. When you passed phone interview, you would then set an appointment for an in-person interview. You'd either meet with some managers or it would be one-on-one.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, basic online application process, personal information, work history, education level. After that I received an email asking me to take an online assessment which consisted of basic psychology questions, some scenarios, the normal stuff. The next day I received a phone call to set up a time for a phone interview and was told I would be emailed some company information and information about the position and a prinout of a producr of the month, was told to familiarize myself with all of that and be prepared to answer questions about position requirements and company ethics code and to be ready to know about the product. Phone interview came, interviewing person was verynice, normal questions about work history, why I would want to wprk for Verizo n, if I could fulfill the requirements, and then a role play where the interviewer was the customer and I had to sell her the product. Wasn't hard but without prior sales and retail experience probably would be. Then was asked right away to come in for an in person interview and was given some tips on how to prepare and to familiarize myself with Verizon's Credo and the position as well as the products they carry and to be ready to dp another roleplay. Went to the interview, was greeted very politely by two current store managers, interview was ery similar, not much of a roleplay really, was just asked which feature on the iPhone 7 I would use to sell it to a customer. They will ask about their Credo and how you see yourself in it/what about it you like, whg you want to work for Verizon, basic retail sales interview questions.i have been in retail for over 10 years, and the two managers that interviewed me were very friendly, it wasn't a scary or bad experience at all, but I would highly suggest to study their credo and be able to show that you not only can sell sometjing but also know about the product you're selling.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Verizon   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Montgomery, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

Two step interview. One over the phone and the other face to face with General Manager and District Manager. While meeting with the GM I had to role play and sale something in the store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself. What do you know about the company. How would you sale a specific product.   Answer Question

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

First a phone interview
    Lots of questions about past sales experience and reactions to hypothetical situations. Questions about email sent to you, Verizon credo, some random accessory)
    Then an in person with a store manager in the same style.
    You will be interviewing with someone with 4+ years of sales experiance , they will know if you're lying.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview is the basics and not much different than if you were to go for a position in another company. The only difference is they have you do a mock selling scenario where they have you sell a product to one of the managers doing the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about a position that has strict goals and quotas?   1 Answer