Verizon Wireless Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Store Manager Interview Questions

3.5

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

I applied for the position online. Verizon usually prefers to hire up 'in company' but I got lucky and they were looking for someone on the outside. I recieved a phone call the next day to schedule an interview for 3 days later. The interview was a conference of four individual a couple of which were over technology. I got a call five days later offering me the job. They do train you and they even put you up in a hotel for the nights you'll be trained. It is a salary, not a hourly pay, but you do get commission, paid vacation, and benefits like dental.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Team Wireless?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Verizon?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if an employee is upset? (at you, at an outside situation, a customer, anything)   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to settle an argument between two Co workers.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you went above and beyond in your last job.   Answer Question
  • What did you like and dislike about your last job? Why are you leaving?   Answer Question
  • Would you be a micromanager or a macro manager?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you had to multitask many things at once.   Answer Question
  • What's your favorite part about working in customer service?   Answer Question
  • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Store Manager Interview

Interview

General questions, previous experience and the like. Very underutilized. Two interviews and then a phone call asking if the dollar amount was acceptable.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

The interview process took a long time and it was intense. It is 3 rounds. First H.R. will contact you and grill you with an in depth interview. Then you will fly out for a face to face with the D.M. this interview will run the gauntlet of questions. They will try to have it set up like a conversation for two hours to relax you and hopefully they will get real answers out of you. The third interview is with the director. Very tough interview. They are very direct and they have a great vision as to what the position needs.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over the other applicants?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They give you an offer right away from H.R. You then have a small window of accepting what they give you are trying to ask for better terms. Usually you take what they give you or they will move on.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The first interview is over the phone and pretty basic. It is just a review of your work experience. Interview with District Manager is very relaxed. Obviously must dress professional and present yourself well. The first interview may be your last if you do well. The training lasts two weeks and throws you right into the action. It could be a little longer to prepare you more but if you pay attention and work hard you will be successful.

Interview Questions

• Sell yourself to me as if I was your grandmother...   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2011.

Interview

over all a good experience. Verizon is a good company with a good interview process. Never had any difficulty. Fair and balanced interview where you can show your talents.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2010.

Interview

starts with phone interview with HR, then in-person interview with DM, another store manager and HR. If you pass this, then you will also interview with the director. STAR format for all questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you were asked to do something you were not sure was ethical. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2007.

Interview

The interview consists of a 1:1 interview where they give you 5-10 situational questions. They look for technical knowledge, sales ability, and persuavsiveness.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you used your technical knowledge to overcome a customer objection and close a sale   Answer Question