Verizon Wireless Systems Performance Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Systems Performance Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Human resource checked some basic information and set up phone interview schedule. One manager and two technical staff had phone interview with me. Interview went smoothly and waiting for response.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Systems Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2015.

Interview

3 part interview process over the phone. First was introductory interview with HR. Second was technical interview with the hiring manager. Last was a behavioral interview with the on location HR.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Verizon. Tell me about your classes. Explain some challenges you faced while working in a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Aurora, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

30 minute phone interview followed by in-person 30 minute interview with HR and 2 managers. I received a call back about 2 weeks later and had to take an immediate drug test.

Interview Questions

• Draw a map of how a cell phone call works from phone to eNB to MME to the recipient.
      Do some basic decibel math. -3dB is half power.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Atlanta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

First there is an HR prescreening process that describes the position, followed by a Behavior interview, this interview ask they typical behavioral analysis questions. After the behavior interview there is a more intense session with the team lead and sr engineer. This session is to get an idea of your background and your skill set.

Interview Questions

• Explain free space path loss, and it's affects on a cellular network.   Answer Question

Systems Performance Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2011.

Interview

The management team relies on their teams for all technical information. If you can sell yourself and act somewhat knowledgable you should be fine.

Systems Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2008.

Interview

I'm an internal employee (technician) who wanted to shoot for the next step up technically (System Performance Engineer) and decided to give it a shot. I was given a chance despite the fact that I'm still pursuing my degree (I have 9 years of wireless experience). The phone interview was roughly 30-45 minutes and I was invited to a face-to-face with a panel of 3 people. Panel interview was tough but fair, roughly 1.5 hours technical and 1 hour behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe how PN offsets work and the concept of timing in CDMA.   Answer Question
    • What is EC/I0, Carrier power, pilot pollution and what tools have you used in the past to measure these metrics   Answer Question