Verizon Wireless TELESALES Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless TELESALES Representative Interview Questions

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Apply online, recruiter contacts you by email to complete online assessment, then contacts you by phone to schedule an interview. They will sometimes interview you on that first call if they're available to do so. Once the phone interview is satisfactory, they will schedule an "assessment" on-site. This assessment includes several sections, and truly takes 45 minutes to an hour to complete. There are typical "I strongly agree/disagree" questions, representative role play simulations, a reading and typing test, listening and typing tests, multitasking test, and visual test (to see how quickly you identify numbers and letters on-screen). They let you know immediately whether you pass or fail the assessment. If passed, they will generally interview you on the spot with a hiring manager.

The hiring manager interview involves situational questions which I'll list below. There is also a role play with the manager for a fake sales call- you choose an electronic device, and they are looking for you to talk about the device, featured, benefits, and any applicable accessories you could sell with it.

I just interviewed today, and no job was offered at the end of the interview. I'm assuming I did not pass the in person interview to their satisfaction, but I won't know for sure until I've been contacted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to adjust to a change within your organization (i.e., manager change, policy change, etc)   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when a policy or rule was changed, and how did you adjust?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when a customer was looking for one product, but you convinced them to go with a different product or service   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Verizon Wireless?   Answer Question
  • What interests you about this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Folsom, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring went great! I was hired after two telephone interviews, an online assessment and a face to face interview that lasted 60 minutes. After the background check, and drug test. I was hired. The check took about 7 working days and it was pretty extensive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no such thing as negotiation I accepted the offer right away.

TELESALES Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Basic questions, why Verizon? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Then did a dry practice run of how you handle yourself on a call. then asked questions how do you handle yourself with change? With customers that are upset.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

I went through 2 phone interviews and 2 over the phone interviews - each was a minimum of 1 hour, they will let you know if you pass the interview immediately

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Folsom, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

A quick but grueling process, first must complete a phone interview than a panel before finally receiving and answer. Once hired there is a three week training processes in which to test your sales ability.

Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Orangeburg, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I originally applied directly from verizon wireless website after hearing about an open house at the corporate office in Orangeburg NY. Within only a day i had a call from the regional HR manager. She was very kind, almost motherly in a sense and seemed very welcoming. I scheduled my interview for a few days later so i would have time to grab a new suit. The actual interview ended up as 3 separate but consecutive interviews. I first interviewed with a sales supervisor, Bobbie, who would later be my direct boss. I threw out how much i love money a few times and had him hooked. If you interview here they want to see the $$ in your eyes. Nothing else matters. I met next with the regional HR manager who originally called me. She may have asked 1 or 2 interview questions but i got her off topic and started asking about her family life and if she had kids. This was intentional. After 35 minutes or so she told me we were going to skip the third interview and go upstairs to HR for a moment. They sat me on a couch outside HR and she walked away after say "I really like you, please accept the offer".

Interview Questions

• There really were no difficult questions. Verizon is looking for 1 thing.....sharks. And remember, sharks are born swimming. They'll see that and take you, but if you go in and tell them how your so eager to learn you'll get rejected. They dont want to make the shark, they just want to hire one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Dont bother trying, they are very structured on the pay scale and they can afford not to budge

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orangeburg, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Orangeburg, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

lots of questions. three interviews wth two different managers and the human resource manager. same questions on all interviews and they wrote everything down. very mind draining after this process was over. i never want to go through that again. i hope you are well prepared with basic interview questions and have previous related scenarios.