Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

3.1

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

The initial phone interview was great. I was rusty on interviews and it was great practice. I got through the phone interview and moved on to the in person interview. I’m usually good with in person interviews but these guys were ridiculous. They IMO had no idea how to correlate my prior sales experience in business to their consumer mindsets. They also didn’t like my answers to their questions (which addressed them and answered them in STAR format) about business vs consumers. They want invasive, aggressive, overbearing sales reps, not people who care about customers. The role play call, they wanted me to get the guy’s wife on the line or ask about that and I set up a callback. They also kept repeatedly saying that they felt like I would be a bettter fit for business vs letting me train and learn to adapt my sales approach to their environment. They also said that I missed asking a basic question of how many lines. Having never worked in a cellular sales environment, I wouldn’t have thought to ask that in a million years. I was very disappointed in the interview and ultimately didn’t get the job.

Here’s the kicker, if you get feedback and want to reapply, YOU CAN’T FOR A YEAR. So, no taking feedback, improving yourself and trying again, which was something that Verizon’s credo was about. Making yourself better and learning/adapting, etc. I really wanted to work here and took their feedback to attempt again only to find out after setting up a second phone interview that I wasn’t able to for a year. It was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a customer and your product didn’t fit their needs. How did you close the deal.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

They went the extra mile so be prepared to answer all types of basic interview questions. They did some role playing as well. It was very quick and I heard back from them the next day that i got the job.

Technical Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The interview process was expected: Initial online testing, a phone interview with HR, a face-to-face interview with HR, and then a group interview with a couple of managers from the department you were applying for.

Interview Questions

• The basic interview questions to gauge my qualifications and ability to think on my feet.   Answer Question

TELESALES Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Apply online, recruiter contacts you by email to complete online assessment, then contacts you by phone to schedule an interview. They will sometimes interview you on that first call if they're available to do so. Once the phone interview is satisfactory, they will schedule an "assessment" on-site. This assessment includes several sections, and truly takes 45 minutes to an hour to complete. There are typical "I strongly agree/disagree" questions, representative role play simulations, a reading and typing test, listening and typing tests, multitasking test, and visual test (to see how quickly you identify numbers and letters on-screen). They let you know immediately whether you pass or fail the assessment. If passed, they will generally interview you on the spot with a hiring manager.

The hiring manager interview involves situational questions which I'll list below. There is also a role play with the manager for a fake sales call- you choose an electronic device, and they are looking for you to talk about the device, featured, benefits, and any applicable accessories you could sell with it.

I just interviewed today, and no job was offered at the end of the interview. I'm assuming I did not pass the in person interview to their satisfaction, but I won't know for sure until I've been contacted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to adjust to a change within your organization (i.e., manager change, policy change, etc)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a policy or rule was changed, and how did you adjust?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a customer was looking for one product, but you convinced them to go with a different product or service   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Verizon Wireless?   Answer Question
    • What interests you about this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

First there was an online assessment that asked personality based questions.
    Next a phone interview, then another assessment in depth that had practice calls and additional personality questions.
    Next you're scheduled for a face to face interview, they call if you get an offer.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process took about a month, received two phone calls from the recruiter, asked basic questions like are you familiar with smart phones, tablets etc. next was the assessment test and finally face to face interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then another phone interview then on site skill test and an in person interview then a drug screening and finally an offer made. It seems like a long process yet it was well worth it.

Employee Phone Program Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position online and got a call about 3 days later. Scheduled for a phone interview with a few standard questions, mostly reviewing your history and resume and to check your personality. Next was an online personality test and a multitasking skills test. After that was the formal interview with multiple supervisors and the hiring manager where this interview was more into depth on how I would fit into their culture, if I understand and relate to their core values and my future aspirations like my career path and education goals. Finally came the background check and the job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application and resume online and received an email from a recruiter wanting to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled for a few days later and the recruiter asked a couple of star behavioral questions and asked about my experience. At the end of the call she asked me to schedule and assessment at the Tampa location. I took the assessment and didn't finish ALL of the portions and was escorted out when I was done without a word on whether I passed or not. The following day I received a call advising that I passed the assessment and that they wanted a face to face interview as soon as possible. Being a Tuesday I went ahead and scheduled the interview for the following day. I interviewed with a Tech support manager and the director of the call center and they asked numerous behavioral questions,experience questions,and then had me listen to a couple of call snippets and critique and answer questions about it. I then left the interview without an offer and no idea as to how well I did. The director seemed surprised that I'd been out of the workforce for a little while even though I'd clearly communicated that to the original recruiter so that was kind of awkward. It's now almost a week later and still haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Listening to calls and giving a critique and answering questions about it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Tampa, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online July 21,2014
    Recruiter emailed for phone interview 07/22
    Phone interview 07/25
    Assessment 07/28
    Face to face 07/30
    Got offered the job today 08/04/2014
    For customer service specialist . Training starts August 26 . I was a bit scared b/c I did my face to face on a Wednesday and thought I would know something by the Friday so don't worry if been a few days since face to face . I have been practicing so I would suggest to write questions and practice . It was STAR format for both phone and face to face but honestly not that hard . Good Luck to you all

Interview Questions

• If someone was upset how would you handle the call?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation it's brought up in first phone interview . You either accept or don't .