Verizon Wireless Technical Support Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Technical Support Representative Interview Questions

3.2

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on February 7th 2017. Two days later, I received the notification to take the assessment. I took the assessment and received notification that I qualified based on the test. Within 3-5 business days, I received a call from a recruiter scheduling a face to face interview. I had the interview and the managers were great and friendly. Finally, I received a call stating that I received the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had a customer that you were unable to satisfy.   Answer Question
  • What is the best input to watch tv for the best quality?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Said I would receive raises until I got to the max pay every 3-6 months.

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Providence, RI) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall Strange interview with little or no direction on what they wanted from me regarding reviewing of a customer service call and role-playing. The two giving the interview were cordial but not very welcoming. They pretty much stayed to the script of the interview process and didn't really dig deeper for more information unless it was ask of them on the scripted interview sheets they used. Arrived 1/2 hour early but was taken right away. Interview took 1 1/2 even though it was only suppose to take 1 hour. Started with listening to recording of customer service call and then asked what I thought about it. Rest of the interview was standard except for the role-play. Without being given any boundaries I was not sure if I was suppose to do everything I could for the customer or conduct myself per Verizon guidelines (which I had no idea what that was - scenario was an irate customer who had their installation rescheduled due to a snow storm but needed internet installation now due to the fact that he was having a football party the next day. He didn't want to listen to any explanation and wanted to speak to a supervisor - being cautious, I passed him off to the supervisor.....and that is how the interview ended.

Interview Questions

• What is a router?
      What is Wifi?
      What is a set top box?
      What are the steps you would take to solve a problem with a router that is not functioning correctly?
      What are the steps you would take to determine what the problem is with a computer that is not powering up?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Huntsville, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, went well. Asked about previous employment and typical job situation questions. 2nd part was the assessment, taken on a computer to test multitasking and typing skills. 3rd interview was a final face to face. More similar questions pertaining to the specific job.

I was given an offer for the job, accepted and then had go take a drug test and wait on the results of a background check. Was upfront right off the bat that I had a 5 year old non violent misdemeanor and was told I should be fine just give them the information they need in and when asked.

About a week later I get a call to go over my background check with their own background check department. Was upfront and honest again with the gentleman about the charge and told him everything. Even provided all the documentation I had avaible. He asked for the incident report on the charge as well. However when I went to go get a copy I was told I couldn't pull that on an old closed case unless I had a lawyer subpoena. Can't afford a lawyer to pull that document. Informened the gentleman that I wasn't allowed to pull that without I lawyer that I can't afford. He told me to supply what I had and they'd get back with me. Not 20 minutes later after I sent what I had my offer was rescinded due to my misdemeanor.

Nice to know a disabled veteran with DOD security cleranence is discriminated against over a 5 year old charge that I was upfront and honest about from the get go.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain tech to a novice customer vs an experienced one   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Wilmington, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I first applied online and got an email back that they were reviewing applications and would get back to me soon. Few days later I got an email to setup phone interview. At end of phone interview they will ask you to come in and take test if you are moving on to next step. 2 weeks later I came in to take test on computer for 2 hours. Test wasn't hard I thought I missed a bunch but they still said I passed. After another I came in for one on one interview. A week later I was offered position.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all STAR format and past position based. Easy just have examples of past work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

I only got through two parts, phone interview and assessment test. Having past experience with customers and taking corrective technical action is a plus. They will ask you about your past experiences and how they relate to Verizon Wireless.

Interview Questions

• Expect questions on basic communications types of equipment and some standard acronyms during phone interview. Assessment test had 7 parts: technical questions, 2 parts for personality, a timed rule following part, timed typing section, timed problem section with 3 different solutions that you need to rate from good to bad, a multi-task section: simulated incoming calls that need to be transferred while trying to match numbers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charleston, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

The entire process took about 6 weeks. Phone interview, knowledge assessment, face to face interview, extensive background and school check. Process was long and drawn out, had to miss a few days at my previous employer to be able to complete. Job offer was given after all steps had been completed. No room for negotiation on pay.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2014.

Interview

4 steps: first had to schedule a phone interview than passed and went to site to take the assessment if you passed you moved on, for tech support unlike CSR you have an extra phone interview with hr. The last step if you make it is a face to face with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• First time hiring outside the company, they stilled asked me stuff about os and I totally spaced. She said it was okay bc its normally for internal promotions. I used to work for verizon through an outsourcing place.   Answer Question

Negotiation

$14.90 to start, great benefits, shift differential, more on sundays.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Tcp/Ip questions, protocol questions, clan and customer service process. Went over my knowledge of troubleshooting, techical suppilort and past experience at previous companies. The director of global support was a nice guy, asked general questions me relating to customer service

Interview Questions

• Subnet the address space for network with a mask   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Interview

The hiring process is in what is called the "STAR" Format. A question is answered and the response must follow the STAR format. Situation, Task, Action, and result. Great answers are scored in how they follow this format and not necessarily how well they answer the question at hand or showcase your skills.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were given feedback from leadership and you did not agree. How did you respond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Houston, TX).

Interview

They do extensive background checks. Interview is STAR.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, muti tasking, leadership, experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Starting pay was great. Great benefits package.