Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2014.

Interview

Very long process, was at their hiring facility for four hours. Repetitive questioning and managers didn't really seem qualified to conduct interviews. Call center setting was a turn off. Also scheduling was not appealing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Harrisburg, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I found the job on Indeed.com. I applied through their website. I made a basic one page resume with one job, & my limited college credits. I completed the assessment right away. It took about 1 1/2 hours for my application. I recieved an email to set up a phone interview the next day. I reviewed and took notes on the credo, and my product I was to research which was a mini speaker. I got a call the next morning. The interview was over an hour long. I did a lot of role playing suggestive selling my product and answering questions. I then set up an interview in person. I was told to dress professional and arrive early. I never recieved the enail with the address so I relied on Google which took me to the wrong store. I ended up 5 min late. My interview was role playing again. I had to ask the interviewer about himself and use the data to sell a product. I have no background solid selling or technology experience. I have a very positive, bubbly personality and I made sure to show that. I focused on my retail suggestive selling experience at McDonald's. I got a email saying I was to schedule another phone call because i was chosen as a final candidate. I recieved the call and was told I had the job. I start training in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this product?

What was your worst job?

What was your most difficult situation and how dud you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2012.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews, if you get past those you have an in store interview. Pretty basic interview questions, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why do you want to work for verizon, etc etc. I did not get the job but the entire process was pretty easy.

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Got a call, went to the interview, was asked a series of questions that did not make sense to the job that I applied for. They wouldnt give me the compensation information so I decided not to go forth with ther interview and waste either one of our time.

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

Interview

They have groups of people coming and you will wait with others as you have first and possibly second interview. You will meet with an HR interviewer who is low level. Be neat, well spoken, smile, have a warm approach, emphasize you are always on time, have excellent attendance record, work well with managers, staff and are a team player that supports management goal as it not only helps the company but also employee job security to support goals and you will get the position.Have an answer as to why you want to work at Verizon.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer questions for handling difficult situations and people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is a low level position so you will not have ability to negotiate much on terms, as this is a retail sales job.

Anonymous Employee in Elkins Park, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Elkins Park, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Easy. They seemed to really need someone. They didn't seem to care about much. Only that the person could come in and sell at least 100 phones a month. We discussed the pay and they told me I was hired. However, I went in 3 months earlier asking for a job and got an interview 3 months later so I think it took a while for them to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• The boss just asked for my name, number, what I did previously. No stress.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Panama City, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Absolutely hands down the best interview experience of my life. I applied online. Two days later I was contacted by phone and asked if I would be interested in a phone interview. I said yes. Within seconds I had an email asking me to schedule my phone interview. I used the system. I hit enter and the phone rang. The individual interviewing me said that there was a conflict with the time I chose. They asked what other time would be better. And we rescheduled. After my very in depth phone interview, I was given very constructive feedback and recommended for a face to face interview. Two minutes after hanging up the phone I received a call from the Store's General manger. It worked out that we could do it two days later at noon. Again. A very thought out professional interview. Then role playing. To see what my skill level was. I never felt intimidated or pressured. Again I was coached. On the spot. It was great! Never have I seen interviewing done this way. Four days later I was offered the position and bam! Background and drug test were lighting fast. And I am in a hotel room writing this review. Being on boarded tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• They provided me material to look over in an email prior to my interview. My advise here, versus giving and example question, is to make sure you study that material.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

They asked very basic questions. It could be intimidating having 6 people on the group interview. From the panel interview, the next step was to go to a store and pass a role play with one of the managers at the store. They will ask you to sell them a phone with accessories to go with it.

Interview Questions

• If you could choose your annual salary, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Verizon HR rep emailed me to schedule a phone interview. I arrainged one to be held the next day. The phone interview was about 30-45 minutes. She reviewed the compensation package with me. She went over my work experience. She asked me about a time when I had a conflict at work and she asked me to role play and sell her something over the phone. She told me I was able to proceed to the next phase of the interview process which was in person in NYC. I had the interview. I sat down with two different interviewers. It seemed overwhelming because there were about 15 other people getting interviewed at the same time, but not too bad. Interviewer told me I would hear back in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me if I could role-play and sell me three verizon wireless products   1 Answer

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Applied and got a call from a recruiter after a week or so. Set up a first interview about a week later over the phone. After the phone interview it took about three weeks before I heard anything from anyone. I assumed I hadn't gotten the position and continued looking elsewhere when I got another call scheduling an in person interview for about a week later. All in all it was a pretty long process. Interviews consist of a lot of scenario based questions as well as questions about how you work as a teammate and what you know about technology and the company as far as their values go. Don't plan on a quick process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a customer solve a difficult problem.   Answer Question