Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was somewhat drawn out and convoluted, but overall not that bad. Interviewer acted like I was interviewing for a senior management position and acted like I would be very lucky to be offered the position, but overall, it wasn't that difficult of an interview. Basic questions about how I handled past problems.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Anonymous Employee in West Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (West Bradenton, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for a retail sales representative position locally. I filled out the application on the Verizon careers website. They also asked me to take a couple of behavioral assessment test that took about a half hour total. After about ten days I received a call from hr, they setup an interview for the next day. They also sent me an email with a job description and company credo. It also had a description of the product of the month.

The following day the hr rep called at the time she said she would. She asked me about my work history, described some details of the job, and asked some STAR questions. To finish up she asked me to sell her the product of the month as a low tech customer and a high tech customer. At the end she told me she was going to recommend me for a second interview and I should hear from the store manager later that day or the following day.

Store manager called that afternoon and setup an interview for the next day. I showed up to the interview 15 minutes early as I was told to do. Once they were ready for me the interviewing manager came out to greet me and bring me to the back room. We went into an office where the store manager and district manager interviewed me. The store manager took the lead. They asked me why I wanted the job and why I felt I would be a good fit. They asked me some more STAR questions. We also spoke about my level of tech knowledge and product knowledge. They wanted to know what phone I used and whether I would be able to sell the polar opposite of phones. We did not role play which surprised me since a lot of people said they did. They were really impressed with my interview they actually came right out and said that I was a good interviewee. I know they had more interviews to do. I am confident I will get the job offer in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

My interview was a half hour late. The HR person only asked me a total of five questions which were rushed. The HR person even got my name wrong at the end of the interview and said they would get back to me for a second interview which didn't happen at all.

Interview Questions

• Where would like to be in two years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Longview, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

First interview is with HR, telephone interview, you have to complete a personality test. The final step is face to face and the questions use the STAR Method. You do review your resume and past experiences with dealing with customers and selling. With using the STAR method to answer the questions just provide details, keep it short and provide examples that show your strengths.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then one in-person interview with two managers. The phone interview was pretty intense and really prepared me for the in person interview. It lasted about an hour. The recruiter asked me a bunch of situational questions. Then, I had to perform a role play with her and sell one of Verizon's products to her.

Before your phone interview, the recruiter will send you a detailed email to help prepare you for the interview, including information on the role play. I recommend to study that email. As long as it seems like you prepared for the interview, you'll be fine. The recruiter will then give you a lot of tips to prepare for the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult problem at work and how did you go about solving the problem.   Answer Question

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

I receive an email with a preview of the job. I then had a phone interview. The Phone interview was pretty simple situational "tell me about a time...". After the phone Interview I progress to a his store interview with the manager. It was a lot of questions our situation. The last question of the interview was to sell myself

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Aiken, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

They were really nice and friendly. No need to be nervous at all. Asked personal questions and questions about the company. Wanna know why you applied for the job and what your goals are.

Interview Questions

• Why i would be a good fit for the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Panama City, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Absolutely hands down the best interview experience of my life. I applied online. Two days later I was contacted by phone and asked if I would be interested in a phone interview. I said yes. Within seconds I had an email asking me to schedule my phone interview. I used the system. I hit enter and the phone rang. The individual interviewing me said that there was a conflict with the time I chose. They asked what other time would be better. And we rescheduled. After my very in depth phone interview, I was given very constructive feedback and recommended for a face to face interview. Two minutes after hanging up the phone I received a call from the Store's General manger. It worked out that we could do it two days later at noon. Again. A very thought out professional interview. Then role playing. To see what my skill level was. I never felt intimidated or pressured. Again I was coached. On the spot. It was great! Never have I seen interviewing done this way. Four days later I was offered the position and bam! Background and drug test were lighting fast. And I am in a hotel room writing this review. Being on boarded tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• They provided me material to look over in an email prior to my interview. My advise here, versus giving and example question, is to make sure you study that material.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

1st interview was over 1 hour the phone, it was very detailed asking about my resume and different work scenarios. Not bad.
    2nd interview was face to face with supervisor for a little bit over 30 mins about the same questions than they did over the phone.
    The one on one interview was a joke, they asked you to go dress professionally and the supervisor wearing shorts and sneakers, and all sales representatives wearing jeans and sneakers. Supervisor never introduced properly. Always doubting my skills and my work experience, like they can't read diplomas nor call work references. The worst thing when I asked how long does it take for an answer, they said we will let you know, just like that, in those 3 weeks I waited for their answered I received 2 other jobs offering in less than 72 hrs (which of course I took one them). They need to get more serious with those interviews. Very poor interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you faced adversity in the workplace.   1 Answer

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Applied and got a call from a recruiter after a week or so. Set up a first interview about a week later over the phone. After the phone interview it took about three weeks before I heard anything from anyone. I assumed I hadn't gotten the position and continued looking elsewhere when I got another call scheduling an in person interview for about a week later. All in all it was a pretty long process. Interviews consist of a lot of scenario based questions as well as questions about how you work as a teammate and what you know about technology and the company as far as their values go. Don't plan on a quick process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a customer solve a difficult problem.   Answer Question