Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in Walnut Creek, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2016

3.2

Account Manager - Indirect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

multiple interviews, sometimes panel interviews, in depth interviewing questions like what would you do if a customer is screaming on the sales floor, what bad experience have you had with a previous employer, tell me a story of when you feel you have succeeded in your old position

Interview Questions

• What activities are you involved in currently today, why did/orare you leave/leaving, tell me why you want to work here, how much do you know about Verizon Wireless, Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker   Answer Question

Compliance Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Walnut Creek, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The actual interview was short. Maybe 20 minutes. General atmosphere was professional. Pointed questions regarding basic telecom experience, compliance background, and basic computer competency. The process to set up the interiew took about two weeks, followed by a comprehensive background check drug screen that added about another week before hire.

Interview Questions

• What is my level of Excel experience, my previous job history and why I was looking to make a change?   Answer Question

Data Analyst - Messaging Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Walnut Creek, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview - One on one interview with direct report. Fairly easy interview. Discussing back ground and future goals. Asked common interview questions and tried to determine if I would be a good fit for the company.

In person interview: Met with the Associate Director and Direct report. Very tough interview. Lasted about an hour. Asked tough questions and were very technical.

Interview Questions

• Asked what my process would be to reach a resolution for an unrelated problem. This required me to think on the spot and I was unable to prepare for this.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Walnut Creek, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Technical phone interview followed by face to face with team members.Technical screening Oracle pl/sql, partition. Members of team asked Oracle DB related technical questions. How to handle specific scenarious about connecting to multi[ple db by shell scripts,

GAM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Walnut Creek, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

They use a 7-10 page interview packet. They ask situational questions... "Tell me about a time when". There are not many questions asked outside of the packet. The interview was formal, and I sat in a room with three interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you should be considered for this position   1 Answer

Network Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Walnut Creek, CA) in February 2007.

Interview

I was very impressed. The people were proffessional and seemed happy. There seemed to be good chemestry between co-workers. The office was clean but a little dated. The interview process was organized and the interviewers came prepared. I first interviewed with the hiring manager over the phone. When I went for the face to face I was taken to a conference room where there were 2 other Engineers and the hiring manager. They asked technical questions, as well as questions about past accomplishments, current projects and asked to describe a project I failed at.

Interview Questions

• Detail a major project you failed at.   1 Answer

It was a contract to hire and I am currently a permanent employee. As muchh as I was interested I have a family and could not give up the security and benefits of the perm position at that time. if it were a year earlier maybe, but not to sound like a know-it-all I was leary because of where I saw the conomy heading (Feb 2008).