Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Verizon Wireless Interview Questions in Washington, DC

3.1

Account Manager - Indirect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Ashburn, VA).

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview asking behavioral questions about your experience that would apply to the position. Also asked why interested in the position and what you've done to prepare for it.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? (Got the feeling that they really wanted to see that you've reached out prior to applying and have done ride-alongs and made connections with indirect account managers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Reston, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple and painless. I was told I more than likely got the job and to look out for a phone call in the next week so that's where I am right now. I applied on September 11th. The application itself was pretty lengthy, but I got an email to schedule a phone interview a couple hours later. I scheduled it for the following Wednesday, the 16th at 10:00am. Attached to the email were two documents to study up on for the interview one is the job overview and their credo and the other was about their accessory of the month which you have to sell to the interviewer over the phone. On my résumé I included that I'm fluent in speaking reading and writing Spanish so a good portion of my interview was done in Spanish. Aside from selling the interviewer the accessory of the month (which I had to do twice, once in English and once in Spanish both different scenarios) all she asked me was to verify the dates on my résumé for background checks in case I was extended an offer, and the normal situational questions i.e. Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer. When the interview was over she said she would transfer me over to a store near me and schedule an interview for the following week. Later that same day though, she called and asked if I could make it to an interview for the next day September 17th. She told me to arrive early and bring 2 copies of my résumé one for each manager I would be interviewing with and be prepared to go over their credo. I arrived 15 minutes early with my résumé but only one of the managers was there so I interviewed with her and that store's lead sales person. The interview was about 30 minutes long, about half of the interview was just situational and behavioral questions which she read off of some paperwork and took notes on and once again going over my résumé. The other half was about what I thought about the company why I want to work there what my strengths and weaknesses are and what my career goals are etc. Overall the interview was painless and I was told I more than likely got the job and to look out for a phone call in about a week

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to meet a sales quota   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alexandria, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Went through two phone interviews askinge questions about my work experience, skills, why I wanted to work for Verizon, amd what skills could I bring to the organization.

If you make it through the phone interviews and initial background check they will set you up for a face to face interview with the general store manager.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you encountered a difficult situation at work and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary was already set

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Fairfax, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

First was phone interview. And then it was in person interview with a retail manager. The phone interview just described the job. And told me about the company. The in person interview was to sell one thing to the manager and to show what the skills are. Then they called me back and said an offer only after background check.

Interview Questions

• How to sell this headset   1 Answer
    • What are you think you can bring that other people cant bring   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Fairfax, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Took 2 wks from initial application online. After 3 days I was contacted, did a 20 minute phone interview along with an online questionnaire. Then was contacted to meet with a District Manager for in-person interview. This was an hour along with tour of store and meeting and sitting with another staff member.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a customer who is upset with their experience/product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

1st Phone Interview: The interviewer asked standard interview questions. For example: What made you apply for this position? What is your sales experience and qualifications?

2nd Interview: Very similar to phone interview. There were questions like: What is your sales experience? Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now within the company (say something about being in the company)? Why should you be hired for this job?

Tip: During the in-store interview, be conscious of how you present yourself. Meaning maintain good eye contact, listen carefully, speak in a professional manner, etc.

Interview Questions

• Just make sure when they asked you "Where do you see yourself in 10 years" that your answer has something to do with working for the company. They ask this question because they want to make sure you don't quit in a short amount of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. I didn't try to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

Lots of questions about your personality, how you will handle different situations and if you have any common knowledge about cell phones or at least knowing how to sell something.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Rockville, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screen with an HR recruiter for about 40 minutes, then had a interview during a hiring event at one of the locations, then had my final interview with an Assistant Store Manager.

Business Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Laurel, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process was typical. Interviewed by the director of the department. She pretty much had a non chalant attitude and portrayed that she didn't really want to be there. She asked typical questions nothing was to complicated to answer. Interview lasted about 25 min.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you ? What can you bring to the company that others can't ?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Laurel, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

They ask standard questions. So you will need to answer what makes you a good fit for the job. What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses. You probably want to make clear to them while you are answering that you have leadership qualities. It's very important to answer confidently and accurately all the questions be very upfront.