Vermont Energy Investment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2017

3.2

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vermont Energy Investment (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

There were three phases. The first was phone interview which was pretty easy and conversational. The second phase occurred a week later. The second phase interview was in person at the DC office with the HR manager and Engineering Manager. The third phase occurred one week after that. The third phase and last interview was a panel interviews. I was the single interviewee among 6 interviewers. It was a little nerve wrecking being asked questions from 6 people but they made it a little more comfortable with jokes. I received a call back in 3 days. The process began with a phone screening the last week of December and my first day on the job was the first week of February. So the process went pretty quickly overall.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous position and why I was leaving.
      They also asked me about how well I multi task and what methods I use to do so effectively.
      They asked what my strengths and weaknesses were and how I solve problems and conflicts.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I received the salary that I asked for, so there was no real negotiation. They also offer great benefits and tuition reimbursement and certification funding.

Energy Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vermont Energy Investment (Burlington, VT) in August 2015.

Interview

Resume and cover letter submitted in late July. Telephone screening interview with HR in mid-August (what do you know about the company? why do you want to work for us? what experience qualifies you? what experience do you have with communicating to non-specialists?) Panel interview in late August with department manager, data scientist, and informatics architect. Notification by email in late September that no follow-up would occur.

Technical Resource Manual Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vermont Energy Investment (Burlington, VT) in July 2015.

Interview

HR conducted a short initial interview to assess organizational fit and give background on the role. Second interview was an in-person panel interview lasted an hour. I have heard that if you pass this second round interview that you have to do a homework assignment and present that at the third round interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you share an example of some analysis work you've done in the past?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vermont Energy Investment (South Burlington, VT) in April 2015.

Interview

They interviewed me over Skype, after a phone screening with an HR rep. It was a fairly straightforward screening: discuss your interest in the position, your relevant experience. Skype interview was straight forward as well, elaborate on past experience, etc. Took a couple weeks to hear back, but I got the offer, and accepted. Very nice place to work.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vermont Energy Investment (Burlington, VT) in January 2015.

Interview

The HR representative asked for a shorter 30 minute interview to gain an understand of why I was interested in the position and to tell me more about it. I then had regular interview that lasted about 2 hours, prior to this interview I was asked to spend about 4 hours on an exercise about business strategy and market initiatives, then presented to hiring team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you were in a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vermont Energy Investment.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview experience I have ever had. It was so breathtaking it made wonder is the VEIC even a real organization?

I applied for a program assistant position with the VEIC in conjunction with the DC Sustainable Utility. I received an e-mail shortly thereafter for a phone interview. The first time it was scheduled nobody called. As someone who already works in a faced-paced office, I found it totally understandable that something came up and they would have to reschedule.

I reached out and had a second phone interview scheduled. That time, I was shocked when nobody called from the DC office a second time. I reached recruiter who seemed unfazed by the level of her and her office unprofessionalism.

At that point, I pulled the plug and asked to be removed from future consideration. Interviews cut both ways, and while I never did get to talk to someone, I got a pretty good glimpse at how unorganized the VEIC is. I kind of wouldn’t be surprised to read about them in the news in some kind of scandal, but I do wish them the best of luck.

Project Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vermont Energy Investment in November 2014.

Interview

HR screened me with a call, interview asking basic questions. Called me back several months later with another three person interview, it was Lengthy process. The interview lasted about 40 minuted with several questions and only to be brought back for another interview that took even more time. almost about an hour. they offered me a position nearly three months after the first call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you provided training or and the audience was not receptive to the information you provided.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vermont Energy Investment (Burlington, VT) in July 2011.

Interview

I found the interviewer to be abrupt and rude. I was well prepared and enthusiastic about the opportunity to interview, yet my enthusiasm and interest was quickly lessened by the almost cocky approach of the HR representative. I felt rushed & a lack of respect during the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised that the questions were all pretty general (i.e. walk me through your resume, why are you interested in this job, why did you leave your last job, etc) - no behavioral / competency based interview questions. Pretty generic.   Answer Question

Program Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vermont Energy Investment in March 2011.

Interview

Very interesting and intellectually stimulating questions . Shows respect for the interviewee. Gives good feedback. Very committed to working with various personalities. Solicits opinions among the team. A great place to work as per employees. This organization is very well-respected for their knowledge base and their commitment to working in various states to design and manage the renewable energy incentives.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of an experience on how you overcame adversity to having a project move forward and how you dealt with this.   Answer Question