Versum Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Versum Materials

2.6

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Versum Materials (Tempe, AZ) in August 2019.

Interview

Applying for, interviewing and receiving notice that I was not selected for the position took < 3 weeks. Interview panel was very professional and were very good at explaining the role of the position within the company. Interview wasn't necessarily difficult but some questions dd question your previous experience handling different scenarios such as deadlines, task delegation, etc.

Interview Questions

• Interview wasn't necessarily difficult but some questions did question your previous experience handling different scenarios such as deadlines, task delegation, etc.   Answer Question

Plasma Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Versum Materials (Chandler, AZ) in April 2019.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter to book an appoiment to meet the hiring team. Was interviewed by a team of 6 people. Its been over two months and have not heard back from them.

Interview Questions

Versum Materials Response

Jun 25, 2019 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review. Often times there's a lot of competition for our roles and we will use your feedback for a better candidate experience in the future.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Versum Materials (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

I applied through company recruiter. It had three steps. Phone screening, first interview and second interview. As it knows, I was asked light questions on the first interview. And they wanted to know my lab and social skills. Second interview was little hard. They gave me math questions also chemistry questions. Unfortunately, I didn't get final offer. But it was worth. It was professional interview and one of my good experiences on my career path.

Human Resources Manager-Hometown Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Versum Materials (Allentown, PA) in March 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by email to have a conversation with HR Regional RL about the HR Manager position at Hometown and to server several other locations in the Lehigh Valley. RL introducted herself and her role and the reason for the position.

Interview Questions

• Review your HR experience, what is your major accomplishments. She dicussed the position was 2 years overdue and she needed assistance to handle all the plants.   2 Answers

Mar 20, 2019 – HR Operations

“Thank you for participating in an interview with us. We strive to provide candidates with a timely status update as they may be interviewing or considering other positions. The HR Manager position is a very challenging and rewarding role. We have received a lot of interest and there very strong applicants. This in no way reflects negatively on your work experience or accomplishments.”

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Interview

They contacted me for the on site interview at phoenix for the senior scientist position. The interview was scheduled for Friday , I showed up at their Phoenix office at the time they had specified for the interview. After 10 minutes the admin informed me that the manager who was going to interview me had left for the day and the interview is canceled! I followed up with the manager after a week he respond finally! they didn't apologize or anything, and didn't schedule another interview.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Versum Materials.

Interview

Easy going and relaxed , they want to know about you . Make sure you know the company and be collected and relaxed .one on one interview helpful to know the machines used in the chemical or gas delivery sytem. Be in a good mood and be cool

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self and why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Versum Materials.

Interview

I had three separate interviews and yet received no word from the company- not even in the form of a generic email. Only a job application status update was provided.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Versum Materials (Allentown, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

Hiring process included 3 stages - Hiring manager interview, Panel interview with the team & final interview with the Director of HR.
    Interviews were very friendly, they genuinely wanted to get to know you better to make sure you are a right fit and the position is also the right fit for you as well.
    The whole process took 4 weeks to finally receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something that you had previously done/handled (professionally) that you would be proud to talk about.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this position ? And why do you think you are the right fit for it?   Answer Question

Megasys Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Versum Materials (Austin, TX).

Interview

At the time of my interview, the company was begging for employees. My interview was very simple, only asking a handful of questions. Also, I worked for them for a year before I was hired on. They knew my work ethic before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Previous employment. My work ethic. Was I able to switch from days to nights every three months.   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Versum Materials.

Interview

In-person interview. Interviewers made it sound like there was lots of potential for growth and advancement within the company, talked a lot about how long many of the people had worked there.

Interview Questions

Versum Materials Response

Feb 22, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

We’re glad you accepted the position. Could you follow up with our recruiter to tell us what we could have done to improve the interview process? We don’t want to get off on the wrong foot with any of our candidates.