Versum Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Versum Materials (Tempe, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was a three step process (1) Phone interview with a recruiter (2) Panel Interview (3) Individual Interview with Key Stakeholders. The interview was an extremely positive experience and very professional.

Interview Questions

• What will it take to make this an easy decision for you to say "yes" to?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Versum Materials (Tempe, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

The initial screening interview was with a corporate recruiter via a telephone which was straightforward with an explanation of the company, function and role. Further in-person at the HQ in Tempe, AZ and some further telephone interviews were scheduled in quick succession and the recruiting team were accommodating to my schedule. From initial screening to offer letter was 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with communicating difficult news with customers?   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Versum Materials.

Interview

I was asked to drive 100 miles to their headquarters for an interview. After an hour of interview, I was told I qualified for more than one position thus I was asked to stay back and meet additional managers. Next day, I get an email, asking to drive back for additional interviews. When I told them I had a conflict with their proposed time, they stopped all communication.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal job? and what kind of help would you require from a manager to find your ideal job?   Answer Question

Apr 11, 2017 – Senior Global Communications Manager

We absolutely appreciate you interviewing with us. Unfortunately, the round of interviews we suggested you return for were scheduled on a day you were unable to join us. During those round of... More

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Versum Materials (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

~30 minute phone call with HR to go over resume and answer any preliminary questions. In person interview roughly a week later roughly 2hr long including tour of facilities.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had a conflict among people who worked for you and how you solved it   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Versum Materials (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I attended a hiring conference with Orion and had the opportunity to interview with Versum. I met with someone from HR and the west coast field service manager. They were very down to earth and made me feel comfortable. They asked reasonable and relevant questions. They were very honest with the needs of the position.

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Versum Materials.

Interview

In-person interview. Interviewers made it sound like there was lots of potential for growth and advancement within the company, talked a lot about how long many of the people had worked there.

Interview Questions

Versum Materials Response

Feb 22, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

We’re glad you accepted the position. Could you follow up with our recruiter to tell us what we could have done to improve the interview process? We don’t want to get off on the wrong foot with any... More

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Versum Materials (Allentown, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

Hiring process included 3 stages - Hiring manager interview, Panel interview with the team & final interview with the Director of HR.
    Interviews were very friendly, they genuinely wanted to get to know you better to make sure you are a right fit and the position is also the right fit for you as well.
    The whole process took 4 weeks to finally receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something that you had previously done/handled (professionally) that you would be proud to talk about.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this position ? And why do you think you are the right fit for it?   Answer Question

Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Versum Materials (Tempe, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then I received an email message to set the time for a phone interview. Later the meeting were in person, with the exception of the last one.
    It took 5 weeks, with one interview per week. The process was very formal and professional. The corporate recruiter kept me informed about the next steps and the people who will interview me in the following round.
    The job offer was very formal too, I received a call and later an email message with several documents attached with the benefits, salary and all the details of the hiring.

Interview Questions

• Describe my experience in the area   1 Answer

Senior HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Versum Materials (Mesa, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by phone with the recruiter, Francesca, first. In person interview with the hiring manager.

After interview no contact from the company. Emailed the recruiter, Francesca, one month later. Received an auto decline email.

Interview Questions

• Not a not a structured interview. The hiring manager appeared to be going for the gut feeling approach.   Answer Question

Apr 17, 2018 – HR Operations

It is a difficult job to balance the large number of applicants we receive. We apologize for the delay in responding to you but often times there are several factors that hold up the process. We... More

Corporate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Versum Materials (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The process flowed smoothly, I met with a recruiter first, next I met with the hiring manager, and lastly, I met with a team of stakeholders. Everyone was very engaged and took the time to get to know me and my skills/experience.