Vertex (Pennsylvania) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vertex (Pennsylvania) Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

1 hour coding exercise. You are given a game with some pre-written code. You have to write the rest of the classes and make the code work. Followed by this there will be 1 hour Q and A interview process with extremely technical questions

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail how to create and consume a REST or SOAP based WS   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) (Berwyn, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

interview process starts of with a technical phone screen with basic technical questions and about the work experience. Next round is face to face with a hiring manager and a coding test. Both are very technical and regarding coding test you will be given a set of requirements and basic eclipse project to start with, you will be given 1 hr to complete it(you won't be having access to internet). Next round happened with application development manager and technical lead involves more technical questions and white board exercise.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) (King of Prussia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Technical phone screening, then on site 4 hours interview, they grill you in that room.Whiteboard assessments. The team was really nice to me.All were knowledgeable and professionals. This interview was very technical, They ask you so many questions.

Interview Questions

• They draw you their current system and ask you to find the issue and resolve it. They asked me to describe and write the code for sorting a string and removing duplicate characters from it.The team is very professional and knowledgeable.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Interview

This was without a doubt the most unprofessional interview I ever had. I didn't make it past the phone interview, and it was very clear the recruiter had her mind made up about me before we even spoke.

The recruiter kept cutting me off, talking over me. They also judged the way my current company handled things. Even though I spoke about having experience in some things, I was told I did not, because I didn't do it on a day to day. The conversation ended with the recruiter telling me I was too entry level-although I met all the requirements in the posting and then some. They never gave me the chance to explain my own expertise without drawing their own conclusions. They also were not familiar with the type of experience I did have, so their questions had no merit and were irrelevant.

AWFUL AWFUL interview. This company needs to change their HR process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the different departments in your company.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) (Berwyn, PA).

Interview

Process was very professional and courteous. Atmosphere was a relaxed one and everyone was very helpful in answering all questions. Went through a series of one on ones with several people. Was then allowed to meet the team I was supervising so that was good.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience as it relates to the open position?   Answer Question

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) (Berwyn, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, and then a half day at Headquarters in Berwyn. Everyone was super nice and I actually enjoyed the process. I definitely got to interview the company and employees as much as they interviewed me. I left the interview comfortable that I knew enough about the company to make a decision should I receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was one mistake you made? How did you recover and learn from it?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed after request from hiring manager. Process took 3 months. Met with 12 different individuals over a 3 week span. Most were phone interviews. Onsite interview lasted 2 hours in which I met with a director that seemed unrelated to position, hiring manager, a group of former individuals in the position, and a group of the current team. After the 3 weeks of interviews it took 2 months to receive an answer which was well after their original timeline. Not sure if this is indicative of typical process as it was pretty unprofessional.

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) in September 2015.

Interview

Multiple phone interview with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with VP. Conversations with the recruiter were extremely helpful and detailed. He was very forthcoming about the job expectations, and provided examples of how he felt my experienced more than qualified me for the role. however, was a complete turnoff. 15 min late for the interview, rushed through to fit his original time slot, made broad assumptions, and ultimately convinced me that the role wasn't for me - because he wanted me to do actual sales work. No thank you. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job - it seems like you are overqualified   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterbrook, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) (Chesterbrook, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

1) Contacted by recruiter
    2) Phone screen
    3) Face-to-Face interview in 3 rounds.
        a. Director of Development for 30 mins
        b. Director of Test Management for 30 mins
        c. Technical interview with 3 engineers

Interview Questions

• 1) What is the one thing you have learned in your career?
      2) What are you most proud of in your career?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vertex (Pennsylvania) in January 2015.

Interview

There was first phone interview then in-person interview.

Phone interview was done by the project manager and then in person interview by Dev team leads, testing team leads and qa analysts.

Interview Questions

I had got an offer from another company at the same time.